Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
May 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #122 of 3,218
Quote:
nah the altmann tera player lol

Considering the Tera sounds drop dead amazing and is cheaper than the AK120, i am not sure what your getting at>

May 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #123 of 3,218
Now every Headphone maker want there top tier IEM to be at 1000$+ although its worth the price or not... till last 2 years the flagship wars was right near at 500$ tag... hehe silly that every IEM maker wants there IEM's to be a K3003 lol

May 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #125 of 3,218
I'm fine with the price tag as long as it is good. The k3003's are worth the price, the IE800's which i'll be getting soon are getting good reviews. I for one can say that akg's flagship in ear resolves more than the LCD2 or HE500; quite a feat for earbuds.

And that's AKG... They're not as specialized as Shure in IEM's; so who knows?

I hope the Shures turn out good!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #127 of 3,218
Quote:
Quote:
No, that prize goes to Astell & Kern products, especially in Europe.

nah the Altmann Tera player lol

Since that is made by a single person in Germany, where the hourly wage is high, I don't consider it that over-priced. Not in a million years would I want to acquire it, but that is another story.

May 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #128 of 3,218
Quote:
Well you'd think they add some functionality and aesthetics for the $1000+ pricetag.
It's a complete joke of a product.

I think ipod shuffle is an impractical piece of junk due to the non existent interface but I wouldn't mind shelling the money for tera if I really need a portable even though I've only heard it once. It is that good, but eh, ymmv. Now let's cease the OT banter shall we?

May 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #129 of 3,218
Quote:
Considering the Tera sounds drop dead amazing and is cheaper than the AK120, i am not sure what your getting at>

I don't want to get in a debate about the SQ of the Tera. That's completely down to your subjectivity. However, the cost of components that go in the Tera and its capability, only if you knew the empirical data behind it. 
size]
 Anyways, my bad for bringing up the Tera.

May 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #131 of 3,218
Shure has huge gaps in between releasing new IEMs, so after a year or so the price should go down to a more reasonable level and you wouldn't be in danger of being faced with a newer model being released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back