Shure SE535 Special Edition
Nov 16, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #64 of 240
Can't tell you how many times per day I've been revisiting this page
tongue.gif

And now this one. Make it stop! 

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #65 of 240
So I contacted Shure and found out the following:

There are no plans to sell the SE535 in the US. And since it won't be sold here, any service would have to go through Shure Asia. After initially saying that nothing has been changed sonically, the representative emailed me back and said that there is a "slight increase in the high midrange frequencies." He forwarded my request for the LTD to be sold in the States to the appropriate department and said "Perhaps if enough customers request it, a red version may be released in the U.S."

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #67 of 240
Strange to say the least....

Now I am suspect about any real EQ changes or placebo?  I mean how do you take your flagship IEM, improve it, yet don't market it or sell it to 75% of the world. 

Hell, Westone rolls out boatloads of teezers and fanfare by just making a cable connection change.  Go figure....

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #68 of 240

I listen to no Asian music, but doesn't J-pop favor a lot of high female vocals? I know nothing about the subject so forgive if its a stereotype. The SE535 is a fantastic pop phone. I wonder if the SE535-ltd is the Asian version.

Any way, I just want to hear if it can make sense of violins/strings any more than the original SE535 can, because I was enjoying the SE535 a ton until I turned attention to my classical collection, especially strings. For me, the SE535 is broke for barouqe. (Yup. I just went there)

Quote:
Strange to say the least....

Now I am suspect about any real EQ changes or placebo?  I mean how do you take your flagship IEM, improve it, yet don't market it or sell it to 75% of the world. 

Hell, Westone rolls out boatloads of teezers and fanfare by just making a cable connection change.  Go figure....

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #71 of 240
Nice! but would they be 130$ better then? Or does Shure iems tend to be higher priced than other brands.

dual driver se 425 is like 300$, where as dual driver westone 2 is like 220$.
triple driver westone 3 is like 300$, where as se 535 is like 400$
se 315 is like 200$, dual driver UE700 is only 150$

Are the shures better overall and worth the difference in price? just wondering.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #72 of 240
Quote:
Nice! but would they be 130$ better then? Or does Shure iems tend to be higher priced than other brands.

Are the shures better overall and worth the difference in price? just wondering.

In all honestly, the SE535's aren't necessarily better, merely different. While Shure certainly does tend to mark up its prices relatively higher than the competition, it's tough (though not impossible) to best a midrange as lush and mesmerizing as that of the Shures. In that regard, they certainly do bring a wow factor, but whether or not it's worth the premium over the competition is entirely up to the listener's preference.

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #73 of 240

Quote:
Looks interesting but I wonder how much it differs from the SE535.. never thought Shure would make something like this too lol
Looking forward to the reviews when they are released!

I read it on a website: "The Shure SE535 has already been released since last year, and the "Special Edition" is slightly different as it comes with a shorter cable length of 116cm (to the normal 160cm), stylish red finish, and support wider frequency band for better audio quality" (vr-zone.com)

Although I still couldn't find more detailed specifications.

I wonder if they have refreshed the drivers for a "wider frequency band"...

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #74 of 240
Damn, I should have gotten these instead of the clear ones. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back