Shure SE535 Special Edition
Oct 7, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #31 of 240
She hinted Christmas is coming up haha. Guess I'll show her the IE80 thread and hint at that 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #35 of 240
The latest update is that the special edition (SE535LTD-J) should be available on 28th of October. The problem is that it is only available in Asia. Price is about the same as the standard version. The cable length will be shorter (116cm) compared to the standard version (160cm). From the initial impression of a Japan reviewer, the sound signature of the special edition tends to have better resolution in treble, more analytical and the sound stage feels more closed than the standard version. The reviewer also felt it is more balanced.

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #36 of 240
Wise move to make the cable shorter.

Quote:
The latest update is that the special edition (SE535LTD-J) should be available on 28th of October. The problem is that it is only available in Asia. Price is about the same as the standard version. The cable length will be shorter (116cm) compared to the standard version (160cm). From the initial impression of a Japan reviewer, the sound signature of the special edition tends to have better resolution in treble, more analytical and the sound stage feels more closed than the standard version. The reviewer also felt it is more balanced.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #37 of 240

Quote:

Wow!   Except cable, these are all negatives.  Needs to be less analytical and more open sounding with a larger soundstage.  The entire presentation sounds somewhat compressed to my ears.  Shure treble sounds metalicky to me so more resolution could make it more fatiguing.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #38 of 240
Kind of expected that. Would like to hear more impressions once it's released.
Quote:

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #39 of 240
This looks interesting. Its color looks kinda similar to my Candy Red Westone ES5.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #40 of 240

Quote:
Kind of expected that. Would like to hear more impressions once it's released.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they are the same...just with a different "Special Edition" colour, shorter cable and some new accessories.
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #41 of 240

Quote:
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they are the same...just with a different "Special Edition" colour, shorter cable and some new accessories.
tongue.gif

So far, according to impressions from Japan reviewers on AV Impress and PhileWeb, the special edition has a brighter sound signature and is more analytical than the standard version. Of course, we will like to wait for someone like joker to review on it

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #42 of 240

Quote:
So far, according to impressions from Japan reviewers on AV Impress and PhileWeb, the special edition has a brighter sound signature and is more analytical than the standard version. Of course, we will like to wait for someone like joker to review on it

I'll stand by my comment until I see measurements.
smile.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #44 of 240

Quote:
The SE535 Shure is fetching in red. 

Pun appreciated :D

Anyway, from what I've read so far, there's a distinct difference in terms of sonic signature between the stock 535s and the Limited Edition ones. Not 100% about this, but I hear it's got less of a rolled-off treble, making it a really balanced pair of IEMs.

Not quite sure where I read that, though... take it with a grain of salt. And if anyone's managed to do a direct comparison between these and the original ones, mind sharing your insights? Much obliged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back