Shure SE535 Special Edition
Nov 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #46 of 240
nice sharing ...
anyone know which one is better this 535 SE compare to UM3x, W4, or SM3s ? 
I heard W4 is very comfort and sound stage is very good.

Currently I'm looking for those top tier IEMs, but still confuse which one I should take.
I only tried SM3s so far... :frowning2:
I'm open if there are any others IEM that you consider better than those...

your suggestions are appreciated..

Thanks all

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #48 of 240
Hmm... the description of the SE535V reads:

[size=1.2em] TRIPLE HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVER[/size]

It is made up of three balanced armature drivers – one dedicated tweeter and dual woofers. It also includes an integrated passive crossover that ensures high and low frequencies remain distinct and defined. This allows you to hear the details of your music like never before.

While the special edition reads:

[size=1.2em] TRIPLE HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVER[/size]

It is made up of three balanced armature drivers – one dedicated tweeter and dual woofers. A newly tuned acoustic network provides enhanced high frequency performance for the ultimate listening experience from Shure. It also includes an integrated passive crossover that ensures high and low frequencies remain distinct and defined. This allows you to hear the details of your music like never before.

That extra line intrigues me...

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #49 of 240

Quote:
nice sharing ...
anyone know which one is better this 535 SE compare to UM3x, W4, or SM3s ? 
I heard W4 is very comfort and sound stage is very good.

Currently I'm looking for those top tier IEMs, but still confuse which one I should take.
I only tried SM3s so far... :frowning2:
I'm open if there are any others IEM that you consider better than those...

your suggestions are appreciated..

Thanks all

at that price range it all comes down to personal preference. my personal favourites would be the SM3 for its overall balance and analytical feel as well as the TF10s, just so fun to listen to with that harsh treble and nice bass extension

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #50 of 240
On my second set of 535SEs (Replaced under warranty).

The red 'uns are cute, but not for me.

Plus I'm not a fan of white cabling.

Makes 'em look tacky.  Mind you - suits Santa's Outfit, so maybe he'll endorse them.. :wink:

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #51 of 240
@Kwai Sin: are these our first Shure's my friend, or have you owned the previous SE535's? If so, what difference(s) do you perceive (if any) between the two?

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #53 of 240
Came ascross a review posted on HWZ. 
smile.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #54 of 240
That increase in soundstage is huge.  My #1 complaint for SE535 was a very reserved somewhat closed in almost compressed dynamics (for a triple driver).  The expansiveness of the soundstage with the special edition seems to have addressed this.  While I am not a fan of forward midranges I would love to hear these.

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #55 of 240

Thx a lot for the links mate, appreciate it... 
beerchug.gif

Interesting to heat that the soundstage & highs extension are much better than predecessor...

anyone know how it compare to WESTONE 4R ?
in terms of soundstage & vocals (SE 535 LTD has sweeter vocals than WESTONE 4R)?

and which one is worth then do you think...

Quote:
Came ascross a review posted on HWZ. 
smile.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #56 of 240
That increase in soundstage is huge.  My #1 complaint for SE535 was a very reserved somewhat closed in almost compressed dynamics (for a triple driver).  The expansiveness of the soundstage with the special edition seems to have addressed this.  While I am not a fan of forward midranges I would love to hear these.

Really? I find the SE535 and 530 for that matter to have among the biggest dynamic  range in an IEM. To test dynamics simply test the stage-depth. Sure it's not a wide stage or big soundstage, but the dynamic range is there. Dynamic range also has nothing to do with how many drivers are used, Phonak PFE has bigger dynamic range than all the other multi-BAs I've tried outside of the Shures. Perhaps you mean frequency range? I can see the shortcoming there, though I find that natural. 

I'll also say the 535 is more midrange oriented, not really midrange forward (though it happens naturally due to the frequency nature), two different things. IEMs like the RE-Zero or SM3s are what I'll call midrange-forward

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #58 of 240
any more reviews for the shure? 

Ive only seen general comments posted on japanese sites.. im kinda looking for an in depth review!

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #60 of 240
Great review!  Absolutely love what it says and seems to address my exact complaint with SE535 in the somewhat compressed sound and limited soundstage.  I would love to hear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back