Shure SE535 Special Edition
Dec 1, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #91 of 240

Quote:
Got some of these a few hours ago. So far i'm very impressed. I wanted something a bit warmer and with more bass impact than my Grado GR10's and these certainly deliver. Does anyone want pics?

I want pictures :)

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #92 of 240

Quote:
Got some of these a few hours ago. So far i'm very impressed. I wanted something a bit warmer and with more bass impact than my Grado GR10's and these certainly deliver. Does anyone want pics?

Of course 
biggrin.gif

Would also like to hear more impressions.

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #97 of 240
Some impressions.

Bass: Excellent clarity and impact. I listen to a lot of different genres but love trance and a bit of dubstep like Nero. Bass is strong and punchy but doesn't drown out any of the mids or highs. Doesn't sound muddy at all. Very nice. Probably the perfect amount in my opinion.

Treble: Maybe slightly on the bright side but not ear piercing. Very detailed and fast.Lead guitar and symbols sound particularly nice.

Overall i'm very happy with them though there are a couple of things I don't like. I can't get the cable to fit well around my ear and sometimes it falls off which can be annoying. Also, there is a strange sound I can't quite put my finger on. It's like an electronic/digital kind of sound which is more apparent in rock music. I don't really know how to describe it. It kind of coats the music in this strange, almost fake sound.

Apart from that, Love them.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #98 of 240
Totally feel the same way on my SE 535.

Quote:
Some impressions.

Bass: Excellent clarity and impact. I listen to a lot of different genres but love trance and a bit of dubstep like Nero. Bass is strong and punchy but doesn't drown out any of the mids or highs. Doesn't sound muddy at all. Very nice. Probably the perfect amount in my opinion.

Treble: Maybe slightly on the bright side but not ear piercing. Very detailed and fast.Lead guitar and symbols sound particularly nice.

Overall i'm very happy with them though there are a couple of things I don't like. I can't get the cable to fit well around my ear and sometimes it falls off which can be annoying. Also, there is a strange sound I can't quite put my finger on. It's like an electronic/digital kind of sound which is more apparent in rock music. I don't really know how to describe it. It kind of coats the music in this strange, almost fake sound.

Apart from that, Love them.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #100 of 240
With the cables, take it off from the shells and then curl it around your index finger until a small circle is formed let go and once you attach the shells back on the memory wire should hold and this should give a more secure fit.

The tizzzzzz......yup I know exactly what you mean, especially coming from the Westone 4. I didn't give it the chance for it to solve itself as I changed cables after a couple of hours listening. Maybe if you decide to stay stock, it may disappear after a thorough burning in. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #102 of 240
hollow? I don't know. They just don't sound full enough. or maybe it's too mid forward.

Quote:
It's strange isn't it? How would you describe it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back