Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
May 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2,116 of 4,022

Here are the pictures
smily_headphones1.gif
actually this cable is a gift from my friend and the cable is a lot softer than the original clear one 

May 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #2,117 of 4,022
When you guys go places, do you use the case to carry them around? I have for the last week or so, but the case is big, so when i have nice shorts on or their tight, i dont want to have some case sticking out. Im debating if i should or shouldn't take them around without a case and just wrap them around my iPod
confused_face%281%29.gif
I know there are alot of high schoolers that do that, but my SE535 aren't equal
biggrin.gif
Today i had the dilemma and i decided not to bring them at all, but i did have a good chuck of time to listen to music, so i should of brought them. I also dont want to bring them and put them in my locker, in case they get stolen, and than when i do need them i will not just run to my locker to get them.

May 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #2,118 of 4,022
Quote:
When you guys go places, do you use the case to carry them around? I have for the last week or so, but the case is big, so when i have nice shorts on or their tight, i dont want to have some case sticking out. Im debating if i should or shouldn't take them around without a case and just wrap them around my iPod
confused_face%281%29.gif
biggrin.gif
Today i had the dilemma and i decided not to bring them at all, but i did have a good chuck of time to listen to music, so i should of brought them. I also dont want to bring them and put them in my locker, in case they get stolen, and than when i do need them i will not just run to my locker to get them.

With IEMs that expensive, I'd always take a carrying case with me.
If you don't have lot's of space in your shorts/pants, you could just get a pouch instead (i.e. the pouch that Monster includes with their IEMs). They're small, light, and get the job done.
wink.gif

May 11, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #2,119 of 4,022
Just stuff it in your front pocket and when girls give you weird looks you just say, "I'm just really happy to see you."

Anyways... I never use carrying case/pouch for my expensive IEMs. Part of the premium you pay for them is for the much improved build quality/durability, and most importantly, privilege to premium services.

That aside, I don't understand why people have to choose either to "use a carrying case/pouch" or "wrap cord around iPod/DAP". I shove my SE535s in my pockets all the time. But I wouldn't wrap them around my iPhone and then shove them per se. When I'm done using them, I just unplug them and wrap them using the three-finger method, and shove them in whichever pocket. I find this a very nice medium between the two extremes, and is very safe for my IEMs.

You put your index, middle, and ring finger together, (or maybe hold them a little bit apart if you got really thin fingers and/or tiny hands), wrap the cord around them, 3.5mm plug first. When you are done there's a very nice empty circular area in the middle where your fingers were. That's where you place the earpieces as well as the plug. It's a very sturdy wrap

Quote:
confused_face%281%29.gif
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #2,120 of 4,022
My first post... having trouble posting... Anyway, speaking of softer cables. Shure's music phone cables are softer and thinner than the stock ones. And since they don't have memory wires around the ear, it's less protruding when you wear them with your glasses on.  And i think easier to put on for people who are not used to Shure IEMs

May 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2,122 of 4,022
May 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #2,123 of 4,022
May 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #2,126 of 4,022

Quote:

Nice write-up/comparison.  I had both and like the 535 more.  I gave the 425 to my brother and he loves them.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
How do these compare/rank against the monster miles davis tributes?

From memory, I think the 425 has a closer resemblance toward the MD. However, I don't dare to say which is better... though I'd guess the MD is more engaging than the 425 (in my opinion).

May 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2,127 of 4,022
I think i bent the female plugs in the earphones during my use. I can't describe it visually but they bent in a way they are now sort of oval in shape rather than round. Click the image for further zoom.

May 19, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #2,128 of 4,022
Did you check the other one? I bet it's the same way

May 19, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #2,130 of 4,022
They're all that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back