Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #2,971 of 4,022
  How about comply foams? http://www.complyfoam.com/premium-earphone-tips/
I have comfort TX series tips in medium, they are the same round size as Shure silicon medium tips. Ordered from there, to Finland.

If it weren't for their overly ridiculous shipping cost. $11 to ship to Sweden. No thanks!

I bought the T-100 from them once but their quality is worse and wear out quicker than the Shure foams.

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #2,972 of 4,022
Jan 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #2,974 of 4,022
just got my shure se535 cl 2 weeks ago as an upgrade from my 3 years old shure se210 .....and i am very satisfied with it .....great iem indeed .....what had my attention first i plugged it to my i pod touch is the treble presence !! witch surprised me as i predicted to notice a big amount of bass first ..as it has 2 woofers per side ! when equalized via any eq app they respond very well with very satisfying bass and treble ....
.i ordered also fiio x3 also and it is on its way as an upgrade source with a warm sound signature and a hard ware eq for bass & treble which i guess i will find it more natural boosting than the eq app software .....over all it is a very clear with wide sound stage ..great imagining.. but SLIGHTLY limited in bass with my 4th gen ipod .... over all i am very pleased with its stunning sound quality 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,975 of 4,022
  just got my shure se535 cl 2 weeks ago as an upgrade from my 3 years old shure se210 .....and i am very satisfied with it .....great iem indeed .....what had my attention first i plugged it to my i pod touch is the treble presence !! witch surprised me as i predicted to notice a big amount of bass first ..as it has 2 woofers per side ! when equalized via any eq app they respond very well with very satisfying bass and treble ....
.i ordered also fiio x3 also and it is on its way as an upgrade source with a warm sound signature and a hard ware eq for bass & treble which i guess i will find it more natural boosting than the eq app software .....over all it is a very clear with wide sound stage ..great imagining.. but SLIGHTLY limited in bass with my 4th gen ipod .... over all i am very pleased with its stunning sound quality 
darthsmile.gif

sounds like another lover of the se535 glad u enjoy them

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #2,976 of 4,022

Thanks for the tip! Thanks man!

I have purchased OE Shure foam tips from Amazon in the US...assume Amazon UK also carry them.  I also found that the Shure tips had better life than the Comply tips.  I have switched to the Westone start silicon tips with my SE535's and like them more than the foam.

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,977 of 4,022

I have purchased OE Shure foam tips from Amazon in the US...assume Amazon UK also carry them.  I also found that the Shure tips had better life than the Comply tips.  I have switched to the Westone start silicon tips with my SE535's and like them more than the foam.

Thanks for the input! However Westone is not as common here in Europe unfortunately. But if i can find those start silicon tips cheap i would gladly buy some pairs to test them out.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #2,978 of 4,022
yes me too.. I even like them better then shures own tips.. Olives.. I'm not to fancy on the star tips with my w4r's though.. But in the w4r thread there is someone who I've read a lot of his postings and he really seems to know what he's talking about so I'm giving them another chance.. The red silicone ones.. And I'm going to try the orange silicone tips.. Although the seem really huge lol anyways I agree the star tips really makes the 535 shine imo

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,979 of 4,022
yes me too.. I even like them better then shures own tips.. Olives.. I'm not to fancy on the star tips with my w4r's though.. But in the w4r thread there is someone who I've read a lot of his postings and he really seems to know what he's talking about so I'm giving them another chance.. The red silicone ones.. And I'm going to try the orange silicone tips.. Although the seem really huge lol anyways I agree the star tips really makes the 535 shine imo

I purchased the Westone star tips (red, longer version) from Amazon...five pairs if I recall correctly.  I first purchased the Westone variety pack and found that the red were the best fit for me...the orange was a just a bit uncomfortable.  I find the seal on the red star tips to be just right and the longer length better than the Shure silicon.

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #2,980 of 4,022

Thanks for the input! However Westone is not as common here in Europe unfortunately. But if i can find those start silicon tips cheap i would gladly buy some pairs to test them out.

I also purchased the Westone star tips from Amazon.  Westone offers a variety pack of the silicon and foams.  This is helpful if you don' know the size.  Although, I found the Westone sizes to be comparable to the Shure sizes.  I was using the medium Shure silicon and switched to the medium Westone silicon (red, long version).  Once I was sure of the fit, I bought a pack of the correct size...probably a lifetime supply.  You may want to check amazon UK to see if these are available.  The silicon tips provide a very good seal, and I find them much easier to insert.

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,981 of 4,022
any recommendations for portable amp ....with weighty deep bass , clarity and wide sound stage for my se535 ? (with ipod touch) my budget is about 350 $ i have fiio e11 but it destroys the sound stage, clarity and resolution of the ipod 

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,982 of 4,022
  any recommendations for portable amp ....with weighty bass , clarity and wide sound stage for my se535 ? (with ipod touch) my budget is about 350 $

the jds labs c5 comes to mind. they have a excellent bass boost that doesnt sound synthetic, its one of the best bass boost implications ive heard to be honest.

the other amp i have tried that i like bass with, was the alo audio mk2, it has impact,depth and slam.....

but in all honesty which im sure you already know you wont ever make the 535 a basshead amp....its geared towards quality vs quantity.

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #2,983 of 4,022
yep i know that it wont be a bass monsters and i don't want it to be....  and thanks a lot for your rapid reply :) i thought also about c5 but i ve red that it is a forward amp ....is there is any laid back one ?

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #2,985 of 4,022
  yep i know that it wont be a bass monsters and i don't want it to be....  and thanks a lot for your rapid reply :) i thought also about c5 but i ve red that it is a forward amp ....is there is any laid back one ?

its A flat Frequency Response amp, extremely transparent, with excellent bass boost implication. probably the best bass implication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back