Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2,161 of 4,022
Jun 11, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #2,162 of 4,022

Quote:

I use an empty Altoids mint case for transport of all of my IEMs. It's flatter, offer great protection, and is a nice alternative to the Shure case.

Covers up that earwax flavor when you lick 'em before sticking them in, too. Yum!

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2,163 of 4,022
Hi All, it is my first post on Headfi, After reading many reviews here, i have finally upgraded to Shure se535. I have found exactly what i am looking for.

I were using Shure se425 for 7 months, i always wanted to buy 535 but due to high price of 535 in my country, i have to opt se425. I am not a expert but like to share my thoughts:

Shure se425 - Natural/balanced sound, flat (More relaxing)

Shure se535 - Musical, rich sound more bass

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #2,164 of 4,022

Quote:
I've decided to sell my SE535. As much as I love how neutral the bass is, or how well it fits, I think its upper-mid emphasis is just a tad too bright for me. Some people love that, but not me. If there was a tip that sucked out that 7KHz peak resonance, then I would totally keep it, as that would allow me to enjoy the SE535 without any EQ (though I'd still want to boot the 13KHz region for more air). I tried the different tips, but they don't seem to affect the sound as much as with something like the Westone 4.

Anyway, for those of you who are looking to get a SE535, here's mine for sale:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553568/shure-se535-complete-package-barely-used#post_7464316

Lunatique,
have you ever think about UM56 B4? Make a tried then, ul see a huge difference at relatively low cost!
wink_face.gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #2,165 of 4,022

Quote:
You don't hear any microphonics when the cord rubs against your head? It's definitely there, maybe I'll just get used to it. I love the length and durability of the cable, though, really stellar, but yeah compared to Westone cable it's crazy noisy.

I have both the W3 and the 535. Well the Westone Cables have to be about the best ever, I have no Microphonics problem with the 535. I really love the swivel as it prevents tangling, and after the constant cable problems I had with the 530's I think Shure did a fine job with this. I actually enjoy the memory wire also. 

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #2,166 of 4,022
added this 99% silver cable http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250830582776&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 to my custom acs tips, the sound now without the help of any amp for some extra bass is crazy the fit is in my opinion much better too didn't expect this changes for this price I'm going to buy another right now :wink:

Jun 14, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #2,167 of 4,022

Quote:
added this 99% silver cable http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250830582776&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 to my custom acs tips, the sound now without the help of any amp for some extra bass is crazy the fit is in my opinion much better too didn't expect this changes for this price I'm going to buy another right now :wink:

Where do see that they're 99% silver? Can't do it for that price. Not saying that they're not better or questioning the sound but I doubt they're silver.

Jun 14, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #2,168 of 4,022
[size=10pt]hi, sure it can be increase the sound quality!! You can have some references of my feedback....I am sorry that I do not have the stock cable....but the cable is most increase of voice part, also increase the bass quailty because it made of 99.99% silver plated wire!!

Should you have any problems with the cable in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me!~~
Thanks so much!!
[/size]

[size=10pt] [size=10pt]- sunricky[/size][/size]

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #2,170 of 4,022

Anyone have any impressions on this cable beyond the seller? Interested but it sounds a bit too good that they could improve sound quality so much over stock. I'm dubious.
Quote:

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #2,171 of 4,022
Hi as I said I have it and I don't have nothing with the seller cause I live in Spain and this cable is from China. The differences are that with this cable the sound is brighter, with more bass and clearer vocals...these differences are not night and day but you will notice as soon as you plug it. The best thing in my opinion is the fit, they look very good also, with 0 microphonics and feel much softer too.

I bought it cause my stock cable started to fail I won't buy an expensive cable cause I'm not very careful with this kind of things and because I have custom tips also, which give them a much more fuller sound in every aspect.

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #2,172 of 4,022

What tips do you use? Any recommendations? I'm still on Black Olives here.
Quote:
Hi as I said I have it and I don't have nothing with the seller cause I live in Spain and this cable is from China. The differences are that with this cable the sound is brighter, with more bass and clearer vocals...these differences are not night and day but you will notice as soon as you plug it. The best thing in my opinion is the fit, they look very good also, with 0 microphonics and feel much softer too.

I bought it cause my stock cable started to fail I won't buy an expensive cable cause I'm not very careful with this kind of things and because I have custom tips also, which give them a much more fuller sound in every aspect.

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #2,173 of 4,022

Quote:

Would you be able to be a little more detailed as for improvements? Much Appreciated

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #2,174 of 4,022

Quote:
What tips do you use? Any recommendations? I'm still on Black Olives here.

I use, Triple flange, which sound fantastic, but can be a bit uncomfortable for Long listens. I also have modded triple flanges with the top flange cut, a little brighter tone, and I also use the Large P complies, which IMO sound fantasic also with the shures, tames a little of the Brightness. I Love the Olives on my W3, but not so much on the 535's. 

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #2,175 of 4,022

Edited by Kurdt-bada - Today at 11:08 am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back