Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #1,891 of 4,022

Quote:
Is with times, cable become softer, more flexible !?
Now with new 535, Are you using sunglasses inside, all day long ?

cool.gif

Huh?

No, the wire management device that I showed the picture of, is from the 535. The sunglasses were for my E500's that I used for jogging with no memory wire, so I used sunglasses and an alligator clip. They were not an after-dark headphone. I totally missed the humor in that one...usually I'm pretty good at that. Sorry.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #1,892 of 4,022

Quote:
Quote:
Is with times, cable become softer, more flexible !?
Now with new 535, Are you using sunglasses inside, all day long ?

cool.gif

Huh?

No, the wire management device that I showed the picture of, is from the 535. The sunglasses were for my E500's that I used for jogging with no memory wire, so I used sunglasses and an alligator clip. They were not an after-dark headphone. I totally missed the humor in that one...usually I'm pretty good at that. Sorry.

With your 535, you are not using any glasses to help, for keeping in place the wiring device around the ears, right?

* Humour francais, pas compris, c pas grave. sorry!

cool.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #1,893 of 4,022
No. That was a necessity that was brought about exclusively for the use of the E500's due to the lack of wire management.

The 535's have memory wire and the slider in the back (you have to wear them in the back of your head, which is where I like them...out of the way of doorknobs and inanimate objects).

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #1,894 of 4,022

Quote:
No. That was a necessity that was brought about exclusively for the use of the E500's due to the lack of wire management.

The 535's have memory wire and the slider in the back (you have to wear them in the back of your head, which is where I like them...out of the way of doorknobs and inanimate objects).

Of course, agree with this! ... especially with this type of IEM

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #1,895 of 4,022
The cable swiveling at the monitor was bugging me, so I found some o-rings at work and put them around the base of the cable. They offer just enough resistance to keep the monitor from spinning around freely.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,896 of 4,022
O-rings, ty wraps and velcro are amazing gifts to society. I have boxes of all three on hand. 

Then there's duct tape. Don't get me started about duct tape. A book, "Zen, and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", states that if you can only carry two things on your motorcycle for emergency repairs, it should be a #7 vise grip clipped somewhere onto your frame, and some rolled up duct tape.

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,898 of 4,022
Just got my new Shure SE535s from a local retail store J&R Music World (former owner of E500 but was stolen along with my IPOD touch).  Was all excited about the detachable cables and the sound was great for about 30 seconds and...you guessed it, the sound became intermittently out on the right side. 

What's the best course of action here?  The cable is probably bad?  I already registered with Shure.    I'm guessing J&R won't accept the return, but I should probably try instead of returning to Shure for a extended wait?

Maybe I should have gone with the Grado 1000i!

Thanks
Edward

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,900 of 4,022
I've already gotten my cable replaced. I noticed the MMCX connector on the right side made a clicking sound if I twisted the earpiece just the right way, so I said "what the hell, why not," filled out the form, and sent in just the cable and the form in an envelope to Shure. A couple days later, I got a brand new cable back and it's been perfect.

I'd give it a shot if I were you.

EDIT: By the way, if you're questioning if it's even a problem with the cable at all, try swapping the left and right channels and see if it happens with the left earpiece as well. If it does, it's obviously the cable.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #1,903 of 4,022
I need the longer cable. A 42" cable is always pulling on my ears the way that I use them.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #1,904 of 4,022

Quote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the long cable that the SE535 comes with? Wish there was a cheaper optional cable I could buy.

Having a rather short stature, I am definitely annoyed by the long cable. At least, being detachable, I don't mind wrapping them around my portable amp/iPod to keep it short.
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #1,905 of 4,022

Quote:
I need the longer cable. A 42" cable is always pulling on my ears the way that I use them.

From 42" (which is not the norm) to the SE535's 64" (or 60", can't remember exactly now) cable, there's a massive 18" -22" difference. Although I prefer a 64" cable, I think the standard should be 50", and most definitely not 42".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back