Shure rmce-bt1 (Bluetooth Communications Cable)
Sep 25, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 81
whats the noise isolation like?

how much are they and where can you buy? Do they also have noise isolation?

Noise isolation is a function of the IEM - in the case of the 535, -37 dB. In other words, you can be in a plane with a screaming baby in the row behind you and you won't hear it. Arguably far superior to active cancellation.

The retail price was 99.00 USD and I bought them from an authorized Shure dealer on Amazon. The 535's cost around $500 USD, have had two sets of them for many years now.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #18 of 81
Noise isolation is a function of the IEM - in the case of the 535, -37 dB. In other words, you can be in a plane with a screaming baby in the row behind you and you won't hear it. Arguably far superior to active cancellation.

The retail price was 99.00 USD and I bought them from an authorized Shure dealer on Amazon. The 535's cost around $500 USD, have had two sets of them for many years now.

All the shure's SE series has -37dB noise isolation from 215 to 846
It depends on the fit of the ear tips

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #19 of 81
I used the Westone Bluetooth cable with the Se215, the sound was somewhat muddy. Tried it with my Se846, with more satisfactory results, but I am afraid that a pricy se846 earbud might get lost with this unsecured cable.

Two days ago I received the new FiiO F9 IEMs. Those are wired MMCX esrbuds at 110$. Connected them to the Westone cable (needs some trimming to the connectors' plastic). Boy, this combination sounds GREAT!!! much, much better than the Se215. These are triple hybrid drivers IEMs.

Also, do have a look at the bluetooth cable of the Beyerdynamics Xelento wireless. This cable may be sold separately (price unknown yet). It has MMCX connectors, 5.5 hours battery, but most importantly, it supports APTX-HD!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #20 of 81
I got mine today and they paired with my iPhone without problems. There's just a slight hiss when no audio is playing on my SE535 but it doesn't bother me too much. I checked that the codec used for the audio stream is infact SBC despite the fact that the chip they used could have handled AAC. The audio cues telling how many hours battery you have left are quite of quite horrible quality. I guess they had little space for the audio files on the system. I have already had a few issues with the connection breaking up but I'll have to see if it is usable.

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #21 of 81
I got mine today and they paired with my iPhone without problems. There's just a slight hiss when no audio is playing on my SE535 but it doesn't bother me too much. I checked that the codec used for the audio stream is infact SBC despite the fact that the chip they used could have handled AAC. The audio cues telling how many hours battery you have left are quite of quite horrible quality. I guess they had little space for the audio files on the system. I have already had a few issues with the connection breaking up but I'll have to see if it is usable.
nmT7dGE.png

It seems like they actually support AAC. I just could not get them to use AAC on either my Mac or iPhone.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #22 of 81

How do you know if they're using AAC or not?

and would the AAC support improve the sound quality for the SE846 with the apple music?

I got mine yesterday and am so disappointed with the BT1 and SE846 in sound quality :frowning2:

Check my review on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2QJHTS14U6EEL/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #23 of 81
How do you know if they're using AAC or not?

and would the AAC support improve the sound quality for the SE846 with the apple music?

I got mine yesterday and am so disappointed with the BT1 and SE846 in sound quality :frowning2:

Check my review on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2QJHTS14U6EEL/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
I followed this guide to see the codec used:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-bluetooth-device-supports-over-a2dp/42190656

I don’t know if there is a way to see the logs without a Mac.
I believe that AAC would improve the sound quite a bit. But the problem with the SE846 might be their higher power demand so the bluetooth cable has hard time driving them.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 81
Oct 5, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #26 of 81
On a Mac, you can enable AptX and AAC over bluetooth using a developer utility called Bluetooth Explorer. I have a pair of Beats X and ran into the same issue where music was streaming in SBC initially but now I'm getting AAC. Here's a link that explains how to do it:

https://www.areilly.com/2017/07/29/enabling-aac-and-aptx-over-bluetooth-on-macos/
I tried to do just that but I could not get it to work on the Shures. But I have never done that before so maybe I just missed something.

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #27 of 81
I have this cable for few days now. The quality itself is very good, sound cues are very low quality tho, connection is solid I'd say about 98 proc of time. You get few drops here and where, but it is better than mine sennheiser wireless, which have quite an unreliable Bluetooth performance outside.

I don't have wires to test difference between it and wireless performance, but with some experimentation with tips (I found foam tips kill sound quality, silicone ones sounds great) se215 sounds nicely. I really don't miss apt-x, using only Spotify, so dunno if apt-x would give any advantage? Using Sony phone as source. Will update in the future if something good or bad comes out.

Also would like to hear if anyone take a shot and bought one of those cables from aliexpress with apt-x support?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #28 of 81
It's sad to see SHURE sell such a basic product at such a price. I mean, come on. At $100 you'd at least expect aptX, if not the amazing aptX HD. This thing has a cost of $30 at most and they're asking three times that. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back