Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #4,697 of 6,059
Because these are in-ear and everyone’s ears are different.

The only way to eq these is to make a dummy head with the mold of ones ears, measure it and get personal eq.

Otherwise it’s like copying calibration settings for color and white balance from another tv — result most of the time will be absolute rubbish compared to the stock.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #4,698 of 6,059
My view is if I'm paying this much for accuracy, I'm not going to "artificial" the signal through digital EQ. Analog EQ, maybe, but what options are there.

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #4,701 of 6,059
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #4,702 of 6,059
After a few days of listening this is how I feel. These are super hot up top.

Frequency response peaks are pretty disappointing given how technically impressive these are. If it has a flatter response, would be unbeatable.
Eq not much different to tip rolling? Both alter the sound, just different method.

Switching to a pair of Westone orange foams, cut to match the size of stock yellows. Much more mellow tamed sound at the cost of sheer resolution.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #4,703 of 6,059
I find figuring out EQ settings a very tedious and confusing task. I was hoping someone had dialed in the PEQ settings to get FR to match the Harman curve.:ksc75smile:
PEQ does not give a same result. It depends on each app.
Ex. +2dB@500Hz@BW1.6 setting will not works the same way in NeutronMp and the one in SP1000 AK dap.
Formular of Fr curve is existing, so what will be obtained from that input should be same. Somehow it is not.
How can eq to Harman's curve by user's side who have not a lab?
It is not simply as seeing on the Internet that your eaphone need above compensation then simply you keyin those parameter in a PEQ.
In FR of an inear, most trustable to me is only the peak/valley FR. Bandwidth and Gain is so so.
Some guys in this thread asked AK sponsor @JasonNYC about PEQ of SP1000. He explained but I could not understand why it seem less active by same setting in comparision to other apps

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #4,704 of 6,059
After a few days of listening this is how I feel. These are super hot up top.

Frequency response peaks are pretty disappointing given how technically impressive these are. If it has a flatter response, would be unbeatable.
Eq not much different to tip rolling? Both alter the sound, just different method.

Switching to a pair of Westone orange foams, cut to match the size of stock yellows. Much more mellow tamed sound at the cost of sheer resolution.

Try SpinFit Cp240 eartips. No peaks. No roll-offs.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4,705 of 6,059
Do they sell a mixed size pack of SpinFit Cp240? I'm not sure if I'm medium or large.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #4,706 of 6,059
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #4,707 of 6,059
Do they sell a mixed size pack of SpinFit Cp240? I'm not sure if I'm medium or large.
I actually do have a pair cp240 but they're too small for me (medium).
As a reference, i am in between a medium and large for stock tips and for westones but usually wear large for a proper seal.

Thanks for suggestions. Ill try out cp240, Comfort ts100 and 64audio truefidelity foam which sounded okay during demo.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #4,708 of 6,059
Thanks for the rec. I'm going to order a pack of large. I'm usually in-between med and large too.

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #4,709 of 6,059
I actually do have a pair cp240 but they're too small for me (medium).
As a reference, i am in between a medium and large for stock tips and for westones but usually wear large for a proper seal.

Thanks for suggestions. Ill try out cp240, Comfort ts100 and 64audio truefidelity foam which sounded okay during demo.

I had the same problem with peakiness, and went thru a lot of tips, including Spinfit 240 and 800. Nothing quite worked until, despite my dislike of Comply tips, gave the ts-100 a shot based on recommendations here that they tame the treble. And omg, it's a fantastic pairing. I was able to put the issue to bed. Suggest you try these tips out. FYI, talking about the round "Comfort" model, not "Isolation" (which sound like crap).

Spinfits and the stock Olives are my next best. Thing I don't like about the Spinfits is no protective mesh and ear wax can get in the nozzle.

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #4,710 of 6,059
Those looking to try the CP240's, take your time inserting and removing. They seal really, really, well. The pressure differential needs to be equalized slowly. Trust me on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back