Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Oct 4, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #4,681 of 6,073
Do the custom tips and you will be happy. They are worth it...

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #4,682 of 6,073
Nice, I actually think I have the blue and red (color around the stem) Spinfits somewhere around here. I've had great luck with the white triple flanges (with the smallest flange cut off - is that what you refer as double flange?) on all my IEMs but will give the Spinfits a fair shake as well.

Yes

Oct 5, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #4,683 of 6,073
Just jumped on one of these. RIP wallet.

Oct 5, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #4,685 of 6,073
Oct 6, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #4,686 of 6,073
Don't cheap out on the DAC, you've bought $2K headphones after all. I tried pairing it with a Fiio M6 because the size fit so well with the KSE1200 amp, and although Fiio usually does a great job with their devices, when I switched to the Mojo or Micro iDSD BL it was another level. Noticeably elevated the experience. I paid so much for these headphones, hell if I'm not gonna get my moneys worth out of them. Otherwise I would've just stuck with my SE846.

Hey there, could I request for listening comparisons between the Mojo & Micro BL?

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #4,688 of 6,073
My ears are on going with B&O E8 2.0
It takes my kse1200/1500 can have resting time.
Now true wireless take 70% of time.
Bluetooth headphones aren't source indepedent as usually said.

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #4,689 of 6,073
Hey there, could I request for listening comparisons between the Mojo & Micro BL?

Sure. Mojo sounds a touch warmer, more musical, and smoother overall. Micro BL I would say is crisper, sharper with details, and richer treble. The thing I've always disliked about the Mojo is it sounds noticeably confined and not as open/full as some like the Micro BL. But its finessed, super clean, and non-fatiguing sound has kept me from letting it go. Hope this helps.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #4,690 of 6,073
Sure. Mojo sounds a touch warmer, more musical, and smoother overall. Micro BL I would say is crisper, sharper with details, and richer treble. The thing I've always disliked about the Mojo is it sounds noticeably confined and not as open/full as some like the Micro BL. But its finessed, super clean, and non-fatiguing sound has kept me from letting it go. Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing your detailed impression. It helps!

Oct 8, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #4,691 of 6,073
Yeah, my lack of knowledge involving voltage bias. I noticed the kse and Stax srm-d10 both having the same max output voltage of 200v and that's all.
I decided not to go with the kse for now. Amazing for acoustics, but felt it lacked the body, sounded bit too lean for many others types of music. Edit: listening with Westone Star silicone tips, not foam.

Listening to u12t now, not sure i'll keep them.

I recently noticed that switching from large silicon tips to medium/small tips added a lot of the body that was previously missing from the KSE. The difference isn't the bass response, but rather, the density of the tones.

In any case, Comply foams are still the best tips I've found, SQ wise. Now trying out the round foamies (TSX-100) that a few have recommended before. Its at least as good as the bullet-shaped T-100, but I'll have to use this for a while to really be sure.

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #4,692 of 6,073
Proper seal is paramount. They don't lack bass, body or musicality at all. Yet they are harsh up top. Amazing dynamics, speed, clarity and surprising amount of impact. Clean controlled bass; if the track calls for it, it's there.
Very comparable to an ether flow + violectric v281 (Kse+mojo), Not as open and airy as an open back headphone obviously but better isolation.

I'm incredibly impressed and understand how people can compare these to totl open back, over ear headphones. I don't think ill be going back to balanced armature, these are in a different league.
Just have to tame those highs and fix the slight hollowed sound sig.

HupMlZKr.jpg

Westones weren't to my preference. Silicon tips seem to exacerbate the harsh highs, foams seem to dampen it a little. But using the westone foams sounded way too dampened. Killed the magic.
My favorites so far sound wise has been the Shure EAYLF1 (ugly yellow doughnuts) Sounding the best, but its a really low quality open cell foam that feels rough and dries out my ears.

The ugly yellow doughnuts made from a proper memory foam would be great. Being short means i can push the earbud flush to my ear and the large diameter means they fill the entire space leaving perfect seal.

Comply Comfort TS-100 and P series next

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back