Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Jul 19, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #2,435 of 6,081
  I had the Spinfit tips for a few months now and noticed a significant improved in SQ and more bass over the Comply TX foam tips.  

I should really try this myself as I have the SpinFits too, but just been a little too lazy. How's the treble moving from foams to silicone? I'm wondering if the treble is accentuated to the point of sibilance? One of the reasons I've been sticking to the foams is 'cos I (unfoundedly) feel the sibilance is absorbed to acceptable levels - that's why I've not tried any silicone tips on the KSE1500's.

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #2,436 of 6,081
I should really try this myself as I have the SpinFits too, but just been a little too lazy. How's the treble moving from foams to silicone? I'm wondering if the treble is accentuated to the point of sibilance? One of the reasons I've been sticking to the foams is 'cos I (unfoundedly) feel the sibilance is absorbed to acceptable levels - that's why I've not tried any silicone tips on the KSE1500's.

For me, it was a matter of obtaining a perfect seal. I now have an air tight seal which probably contributes the most to the improved sound. No accentuation in frequency response. If there is sibilance you are hearing, you may want to look else where in your system?

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2,437 of 6,081
For me, it was a matter of obtaining a perfect seal. I now have an air tight seal which probably contributes the most to the improved sound. No accentuation in frequency response. If there is sibilance you are hearing, you may want to look else where in your system?

I don't hear sibilance yet but I was imagining I would if I had moved from foam to silicone tips.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #2,439 of 6,081
I had the Spinfit tips for a few months now and noticed a significant improved in SQ and more bass over the Comply TX foam tips.  
I tried the spinfits and the sound is good, but I lose seal easily for some reason, which doesn't happen with other iems with these tips. So I switch to Westone Star tips and sound is just as good but the seal is more secure.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #2,444 of 6,081
There is quite a step up from Mojo to Hugo TT. Current setup: iTouch 6 -> Apple CCK -> Cardas Audio Clear Serial Bus -> Hugo TT -> Cardas HPI mini to mini -> KSE1500

All sitting on top Symposium isolation devices.

yes may be but... AK100+mojo+KSE1500 is much more portable 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back