Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Jul 11, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #2,416 of 6,081
So glad you got to listen to the Andromeda, @csglinux!

Quote:
@csglinux Andromedas are definitely on my list to listen to. Every seems to really enjoy them. Thanks bro!!
wink.gif

I'm pretty curious about these as well. I'm a bit concerned with the bass though.

The Andromeda is a great sounding IEM.  No worries with regards the bass at all to my ears. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,417 of 6,081
Just got done making a hand stitched case for these great headphones. Aside from being a party time audiophile, I've recently got into leather craft. I didn't think the included leather case matched the quality of the headphones. Leather is burgundy lizard. More on my Instagram tola.italo

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #2,421 of 6,081
An update on AK70 as a lineout: I have been spending some time with the fussy KSE1500. I like to give credit where credit is due and AK70 lineout is one of those things. It is clean and it has more than adequate amount of detail that keeps the KSE1500 happy. Considering the neutral nature of KSE1500 I can say AK70 as a dap and source has slightly north of neutral with a well extended treble. It perhaps does not have that much of lower extension compared to its upper frequencies or maybe its lower extension aren't as pronounced.

Using it as a USB source to KSE1500 worked but switching to its analog line out I notice the improvement immediately. What was Shure thinking with the internal DAC of KSE1500, honestly?!

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,422 of 6,081

An update on AK70 as a lineout: I have been spending some time with the fussy KSE1500. I like to give credit where credit is due and AK70 lineout is one of those things. It is clean and it has more than adequate amount of detail that keeps the KSE1500 happy. Considering the neutral nature of KSE1500 I can say AK70 as a dap and source has slightly north of neutral with a well extended treble. It perhaps does not have that much of lower extension compared to its upper frequencies or maybe its lower extension aren't as pronounced.

Using it as a USB source to KSE1500 worked but switching to its analog line out I notice the improvement immediately. What was Shure thinking with the internal DAC of KSE1500, honestly?!

Is the LPG still your best source for the KSe1500? That is what I am using mostly.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,423 of 6,081

Why a DAC, answer marketing. It allows Shure to market the KSE1500 as an all in one mobile solution. With the prominence and build quality of the line in clearly the KSE was designed to bypass it. I, like Sean aka AnakChan said, look at the built in DAC as a convenient add on when traveling but not for any real serious listening.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2,424 of 6,081
SpinFit tips - I'm getting much better results with the CP800 than anything stock. I don't think I need to go with the custom sleeve route. I got custom sleeves for the Sure SE846 and have experienced excellent custom sleeves before. These SpinFit tips are giving me the same seal performance with out the large awkward custom full sleeves. Thank you everyone who shared their results online here.

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #2,428 of 6,081
I'm about to try the Cardas HPI mini to mini 6" cable to swap it for the stock mini to mini short cable that comes with the KSE1500. Should arrive tomorrow. I'm using this cable to connect the Mojo -> KSE1500 amp. I will report my findings...

Update, the stock short mini to mini cable that comes with the KSE1500 should be avoided. For me, replacing it with the Cardas HPI mini to mini cable ($20 on Amazon) took out that bit of hash\brittleness in the highs. The Cardas HPI is also far more resolving than the stock cable.

Current setup: iPod touch 6 -> Apple CCK digital USB -> Moon Audio digital USB -> Mojo -> Cardas HPI mini to mini -> KSE line in -> SpinFit CP800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back