Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 21, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #151 of 3,872
Mine will finally arrive Monday according to Ali tracking, 20 days, second longest Ali time I've experienced.

I just got my ZSX last week and they're impressive with EQ for bass. I had sort of written the ZSX off in being a contender for my basshead needs but they take to EQ extremely well and can dig just as low as my tfz e5, tfz king pro, nicehck db3, and lower than the blon bl-03. I also have the TRN v90 coming on Monday and those are supposed to be bassier.

The bqeyz bq3 is the only pair I think can noticeably dig deeper in my arsenal.

Do the tape take to EQ well?

Did they arrive today? I'm really curious to read your impressions.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #152 of 3,872
After an hour of listening, here are my impressions....

Cons - Upper midrange spike (specifically the snare, it's my sensitive area), vocals have a weird timbre at normal volume but can sound a bit shouty when you up the volume, and treble peaks (I didn't mind these because I'm not treble sensitive), and can get a bit fatiguing in long listening sessions.

Pros - amazing detail retrieval, resolution is excellent, imaging is superb, and the soundstage is above average. Great quality package and ergonomic fit.

General observations: more sub bass than mid bass oriented, mids are dependent on the volume, and highs extend well and has great quantity as well.

If you love your details and instruments, these IEMs won't disappoint you. You're not going to miss much in terms of micro details. However, if you want something smooth and musical, look elsewhere.

Comparing to my current gear:
v.s. Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered

The soundstage width and depth goes to the UERR. Pure resolution, I sincerely believe the tape has more or at least throws it more aggressively in your face. Imaging goes to the UERR but the Tape is at its tail as it presents the instruments distinct from one another in the sound space.

v.s. BLON BL-03
Soundstage goes to the BLONs. Imaging are excellent on both but the Tape has it beat on resolution. The BLONs sounds more natural to my ears and can throw the details without being fatiguing.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #153 of 3,872
That is some seriously high praise given the UERR will set you back a whole stack to get.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #154 of 3,872
Given by the comments, i might be disappointed by the sound of the Tape because of having the T800 alredy. Is there something like a timbre difference or something noticeable different that would make it worth compared to the T800?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #157 of 3,872
Given by the comments, i might be disappointed by the sound of the Tape because of having the T800 alredy. Is there something like a timbre difference or something noticeable different that would make it worth compared to the T800?
Hi
I have Fiio FH7, P1 and T800. My tapes just arrived and I am very impressed. I found it difficult to get them comfortable and sealed properly until I changed to foam tips. Not a huge fan of foam as uncomfortable for long listening and tends to dull treble.
To my ears these are better than both P1 and T800 with FH7 being the best. I never got on with T800s though so if you like them you may disagree. The treble is less harsh on tapes than t800. I prefer the bass on tapes. On t800 felt too slow and bloated to me,. Are the tapes perfect no but they are very good and for price a steal.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #158 of 3,872
Did they arrive today? I'm really curious to read your impressions.
No, not today either apparently.... The Ali waiting game is frustrating.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #159 of 3,872
No, not today either apparently.... The Ali waiting game is frustrating.
I'm sorry to hear that. It can definitely be frustrating waiting for orders from AliExpress. I hope you get them soon.

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #161 of 3,872
Oct 23, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #164 of 3,872
Hi !

Got my tapes today!
Well on my E1DA 9038S and a 8core pure silver cable without EQ and giving the 4k treble some weed and morphium.. they piecred a hole in my ear.. claude debussy was like jack the ripper to my ears..
Holy moly the trebles are intense!

sooo a litle mud in the hiby R3 EQ and much better for on the go..and the hiby eq is really crap! if you turn it up it gets less on my usb device.. ehh.. ok :wink: well that eightball "make the female voices less crack adicted, thumb up the bass, invade polen, warm up the warmth, air the air... jesus.. no way i will use this.. thats just wrecking the sound with electronic warfare

I just now plugged em in my E1DA PowerDacV2 -- wow .. they sound so much much better on this one.
I used my sundara "vinyl like compressor preset that had sundara harman correction on top and calmed the 4k deathstar planetary destroyer trebles a lot..

Nice! ..now.. vocals are really 3d like intense, the bass is strong and punchy and kicks like a bearded toad technique drunken master from a shaw or golden princess kungfu movie form the 70ties and it has a overall neutral plus a bit warmer sound.. with a nice cherry on top..

with a strong Power like the PowerDacV2 and its insanly good app 7 band eq i can turn them form a Monster to a rockstar that rocks my ears (jesus what a cheese comparison of doom 3000)

A total keeper for me.. my unit wasnt fcked like a lot of the first batch ones.
i did not even leave the post office before trying..

they are very comfortable small and lightweight!!
They look like world war 1 tanks but that polygon design doesnt touch my ears.

i instantly ripped of the crap tips and put my dekoni mediums foams on it.. works.. i guess they fit perfectly for me.. still will try my mandarins and spirals but i hate them.. dekoni jedi dark force is my way to go..

ehhh TL/TR
i like em :wink:
on powerdac they shine like a supernova and on 9038 i have to keep em down with EQ downers..

also they are muccccch louder than my Tin p1!! You dont need as much force to drive them on mach3.. and they can go mach4

well thats just my first impressions and iam just listening drunken trough my flac collection now.. the preset is nice for me and still only pure silver cable now.. ill get a electro acousti silver copper (175 on the hakuzen scale of neotech superwires) soon and am interested how the sound color will change.. on the tin p1 this cable thing is a monster for classic music and anything with rich treble.. for the tapes its like dropping nukes :wink: holy crap classic music never pierced my ears before like a mad dentist on acid. (the fear and loathing one of course that struck raoul duke totally unexpected in the lobby of the las vegas Hotel before he had to talk about his attourney wearing golf shoes.. best movie in the universe ever made...)

soooo.for that priece ..AMAZING with an A.. and the cable is butsex.. 3,5 and crap.. looks like a heroin hooker from the slums..i will never plug it in.. i am sorry for that cable.. sorrry crap cable .. "F"

That metal screw egg thing for the headphones is nice! i can predict many will put their weed in this in the future.. its really cool! no joking

best regards Daniel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back