Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 23, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #166 of 3,872
I agree after just some hours.. they sound amazing on a good source that can hardware eq the deathstar trebles out.. also i dondt feel them and i am on my sofa.. amazing.. i totally hate iems usually for homelistening ad prefer cans. good money spend lcd-1 next...my p1 re like heavy trucks compared to them.. i really wouldnt guess that this f117a Stealthfighter Polygon design is no deal..super light and not there..

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #167 of 3,872
I agree after just some hours.. they sound amazing on a good source that can hardware eq the deathstar trebles out.. also i dondt feel them and i am on my sofa.. amazing.. i totally hate iems usually for homelistening ad prefer cans. good money spend lcd-1 next...my p1 re like heavy trucks compared to them.. i really wouldnt guess that this f117a Stealthfighter Polygon design is no deal..super light and not there..
Is there any way you share your eq settings. I am for life of me cannot eq. I've had mine for a few days and am impressed. I would much appreciate it

Oct 23, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #168 of 3,872
well its hptoy on E1DA PowerdacV2.. i simply turned down the 4k range 2-4 db .. also that vinyl like compressor preset basic setting sounds super vivid.. ad his thing can drive it to the mars from the output power..

For me its jsut try and error.. "some dude saaid 4k to much... okk bring it down.. try some piercing music.. works.. nice passed".. thats the way i try them out. like same as i do with grafics stuff and colorgrading . sound and visuals are actually absolutly similar.. no clue what its exactly like.. the pdv2 texas instruments chip can do 8 EQ points with everything that goes.. so so you can fix anything.. i hope ill get my hands on some real measurements on those iems.. p1 is a well dicovered thing with Oratory and Harman references and Autoeq stuff.. not the tapes right now.. E1DA mentioned he could ask linsoul for that.. well id love to just be more precise and less try and error on that :wink:

those headphones are really very high potential great ones!

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #170 of 3,872
yes! that doe the trick! i listen to kraftwerk right now and its.. so wow.. they sound so vivid like a truck going down a montain with mach 3 an still having bass that cockslaps you (i dodnt no where i got this reference sorry for those images that i cause on you)... well WOW.. with the calmed high frequency they are so intense.. any kind of vocals and electronics implodes.. i listened to a ton of japanese jazz albums and other stuff and still amazed.. just gotta have to get them on my mobile 9038s a bit more like that.. really they go from jeckyl to hide on those two different dacs.. for now they sound much more solid and mature than my tin p1.. buuuutt shhhh.. calm down those also have their interstellar abilities.. so both are for that price some reaaaallly really good iems!
P1 has the best synergie with E1da Pdv2 yet.. think some working Tapes are also like fairy dust paired with pdv2 and a solid eq preset.. right now still struck that they sound big like my sundaras.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #171 of 3,872
Thanks everyone for the reviews :)
I jumped on the hype and bought a pair. Waiting now...

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #172 of 3,872
Hi !

Got my tapes today!
Well on my E1DA 9038S and a 8core pure silver cable without EQ and giving the 4k treble some weed and morphium.. they piecred a hole in my ear.. claude debussy was like jack the ripper to my ears..
Holy moly the trebles are intense!

sooo a litle mud in the hiby R3 EQ and much better for on the go..and the hiby eq is really crap! if you turn it up it gets less on my usb device.. ehh.. ok :wink: well that eightball "make the female voices less crack adicted, thumb up the bass, invade polen, warm up the warmth, air the air... jesus.. no way i will use this.. thats just wrecking the sound with electronic warfare

I just now plugged em in my E1DA PowerDacV2 -- wow .. they sound so much much better on this one.
I used my sundara "vinyl like compressor preset that had sundara harman correction on top and calmed the 4k deathstar planetary destroyer trebles a lot..

Nice! ..now.. vocals are really 3d like intense, the bass is strong and punchy and kicks like a bearded toad technique drunken master from a shaw or golden princess kungfu movie form the 70ties and it has a overall neutral plus a bit warmer sound.. with a nice cherry on top..

with a strong Power like the PowerDacV2 and its insanly good app 7 band eq i can turn them form a Monster to a rockstar that rocks my ears (jesus what a cheese comparison of doom 3000)

A total keeper for me.. my unit wasnt fcked like a lot of the first batch ones.
i did not even leave the post office before trying..

they are very comfortable small and lightweight!!
They look like world war 1 tanks but that polygon design doesnt touch my ears.

i instantly ripped of the crap tips and put my dekoni mediums foams on it.. works.. i guess they fit perfectly for me.. still will try my mandarins and spirals but i hate them.. dekoni jedi dark force is my way to go..

ehhh TL/TR
i like em :wink:
on powerdac they shine like a supernova and on 9038 i have to keep em down with EQ downers..

also they are muccccch louder than my Tin p1!! You dont need as much force to drive them on mach3.. and they can go mach4

well thats just my first impressions and iam just listening drunken trough my flac collection now.. the preset is nice for me and still only pure silver cable now.. ill get a electro acousti silver copper (175 on the hakuzen scale of neotech superwires) soon and am interested how the sound color will change.. on the tin p1 this cable thing is a monster for classic music and anything with rich treble.. for the tapes its like dropping nukes :wink: holy crap classic music never pierced my ears before like a mad dentist on acid. (the fear and loathing one of course that struck raoul duke totally unexpected in the lobby of the las vegas Hotel before he had to talk about his attourney wearing golf shoes.. best movie in the universe ever made...)

soooo.for that priece ..AMAZING with an A.. and the cable is butsex.. 3,5 and crap.. looks like a heroin hooker from the slums..i will never plug it in.. i am sorry for that cable.. sorrry crap cable .. "F"

That metal screw egg thing for the headphones is nice! i can predict many will put their weed in this in the future.. its really cool! no joking

best regards Daniel

Great impressions! Can't wait to get a hold on mine tonight. Can i ask you what cable you are using for the Powerdac? Thinking of buying one, hence the need of a balanced cable.

Cheers!

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #175 of 3,872
no problem. but i am waiting for the copper silver version from electro acousti. the pure silver on my 9038 without eq was like a drill... Tapes need copper and downers on 4k frequency

Well i actually dondt want to use my atom/Khadas ever again.. it has this crap quaterinch output, needs unbalanced and woud sound inferior to my powerdacv2 that can sound like it wants..
No reason to use it and without EQ it should be piercing and not pleasant.. hmm well i can try it if i have time but its an obsolete audio hardware for me.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #176 of 3,872
no problem. but i am waiting for the copper silver version from electro acousti. the pure silver on my 9038 without eq was like a drill... Tapes need copper and downers on 4k frequency

Well i actually dondt want to use my atom/Khadas ever again.. it has this crap quaterinch output, needs unbalanced and woud sound inferior to my powerdacv2 that can sound like it wants..
No reason to use it and without EQ it should be piercing and not pleasant.. hmm well i can try it if i have time but its an obsolete audio hardware for me.

You should give it a try. Would be interesting to see if there is any difference. Imho, i dont believe in noticeable SQ difference between balanced/unbalanced on IEM, because of.. Well.. Science.

And depending on your source, you can get PEQ software to dip 3-4khz on both android/ios and pc/mac.

Cheers.

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #177 of 3,872
My balance 2,5mm MMCX-Cable for the Tape went missing before deliverey, so Linsoul gonna send me another one as replacement.
I used the time to order the BLON BL-03 with another 2 cables, let's see what they are up to.

EQing around 4K helped me to find the Tape a bit nicer now, but im gonna wait for the BLON to see what my daily driver gonna be.

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #178 of 3,872
Well the difference is my PowerdacV2 and not my PowerdacV2. Thats enough difference for me not to try :wink:
I dondt want to use software i want my dac to do it.

Really i am super happy with this ansd anything else is a step down. but ill try this on the weekend. a friend wants to try ma hfif chifi stuff and ill plug that atom thing back to power for this day :wink:

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #179 of 3,872
any impressions of the other 2 shuoer iems the in the wild the H27 and the S10?

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #180 of 3,872
I received mine today. The build quality is excellent and looks more beautiful than the picture. The actual item is heavier than it looks (full metal frame) but fit comfortably in my ears. The red color is actually hot pink lol.

It has a clean and quality bass. Mids sounds a little bit thin, but might be due to the amount of treble this thing has. Talking about treble, I think this is one IEM that I would call it a "treble head" IEM. By default, I can't last more than 10 minutes, so it requires some serious EQ to fit my personal taste. The overall sound quality is still very well worth the price, just making sure you don't pair it with an analytical DAP lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back