Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 3, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #691 of 3,872
feel so sorry, but seriously they need to redesign or tighten the QC section for this. So many user have their Tape failed, like a timebomb, just the matter of time. Hopefully not with rest of you guys. I was on the fence of getting Shuoer Tape once, but I think I'm sure now I will wait for revised version.
Ironically Shuoer advertised Tape with: "It’s a showstopper for your music life"
Can't say you wasn't warned there. No false claims or advertisements there, nope... ^_^'

As things stand now, I think I also gonna wait for the successor or for a new revision without QC issues.

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #692 of 3,872
Ironically Shuoer advertised Tape with: "It’s a showstopper for your music life"
Can't say you wasn't warned there. No false claims or advertisements there, nope... ^_^'

As things stand now, I think I also gonna wait for the successor or for a new revision without QC issues.
What are you using in the meantime? Or you gonna go for something higher up in price, like Fearless Audio?

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #693 of 3,872
What are you using in the meantime? Or you gonna go for something higher up in price, like Fearless Audio?
Indoors: Sennheiser HD650, outdoors: BLON BL03.
Been thinking about buying Ikko oh10 (since people claiming it's also a detail monster with a decent bass) as substitution for my broken tape, but I'm not sure...
What I really want is a working Tape :frowning2: Everything that i heard so far didn't have that great detail+bass combo...

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #694 of 3,872
Anyone else got the EJ07 yet?

I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I find them to be excellent.

They have the details of the Tape but with a more refined bass and vastly better mids.

They are well balanced across all areas and I guess could be described as more "audiophile" in nature.

All in all I am highly impressed with them, their tuning of all 3 types of drivers is impeccable, hopefully the build quality is better than the Tapes and they will serve me well for a long time.

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #695 of 3,872
@njam Well the graph looks very similar and with no 3-4k peak.
graph.png

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #696 of 3,872
I don't find anything wrong with the refinement of the bass of the TAPE per se. My only issue is the treble spike at ~4K.
I also have a Balanced Armature and spending another 700 bucks allergy.

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #697 of 3,872
I don't find anything wrong with the refinement of the bass of the TAPE per se. My only issue is the treble spike at ~4K.
I also have a Balanced Armature and spending another 700 bucks allergy.
I agree there's nothing wrong with the bass on the Tape at all, just that it's more refined on the EJ07.

Perhaps I should have said it's not as prominent on the EJ07, it's more balanced across all areas .

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #698 of 3,872
Anyone else got the EJ07 yet?
I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I find them to be excellent.
They have the details of the Tape but with a more refined bass and vastly better mids.
They are well balanced across all areas and I guess could be described as more "audiophile" in nature.
All in all I am highly impressed with them, their tuning of all 3 types of drivers is impeccable, hopefully the build quality is better than the Tapes and they will serve me well for a long time.
Nice. Do you by any chance own Fearless Roland?
Both have the same driver combo. DD+BA+Sonion electrostatic tweeters.
Would really like to know how those compare...

While EJ07 sounds great from your description and is cheaper than Roland, I'm kind of hesitant about spending so much cash on Shuoer's stuff due to QC issues...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #699 of 3,872
Whats an EJ07? Links ? pictures? Not everyone knows the numbers!
Thanks

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #701 of 3,872
Nice. Do you by any chance own Fearless Roland?
Both have the same driver combo. DD+BA+Sonion electrostatic tweeters.
Would really like to know how those compare...

While EJ07 sound great from your description and is cheaper than Roland, I'm kind of hesitant about spending so much cash on Shuoer's stuff due to QC issues...
Hiya

Yes I have the Roland too, technically I believe the EJ07 is better, but the Roland is also excellent.

Where the EJ07 surpasses the Roland (IMO) is in the treble.

All the details are there with the Roland but are not so extended and therefore do not stand out so obviously as they do with the EJ07.

That said the Roland do have a very nice and addictive sound.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #702 of 3,872
Hiya
Yes I have the Roland too, technically I believe the EJ07 is better, but the Roland is also excellent.
Where the EJ07 surpasses the Roland (IMO) is in the treble.
All the details are there with the Roland but are not so extended and therefore do not stand out so obviously as they do with the EJ07.
That said the Roland do have a very nice and addictive sound.

Thanks for the impressions.
Looks like EJ07 is a more brighter, "fun" and V-shaped IEM and Roland is more darker and linear one (based on graphs).

EJ07 (BGGAR)
ej07.jpg

Roland
Roland.jpg

BTW
Did you buy the original Shuoer EJ07 IEM or their rebranded one Y**** ST7?
According to specs those should be the same except the price (782$ Shuoer) and (550$ Y*****), but it could be that Shuoer rebranded only the stuff that didn't quite make the cut as Y***** ST7.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #703 of 3,872
Thanks for the impressions.
Looks like EJ07 is a more brighter, "fun" and V-shaped IEM and Roland is more darker and linear one (based on graphs).

EJ07 (BGGAR)

Roland
Roland.jpg

BTW
Did you buy the original Shuoer EJ07 IEM or their rebranded one Y**** ST7?
According to specs those should be the same except the price (782$ Shuoer) and (550$ Y*****), but it could be that Shuoer rebranded only the stuff that didn't quite make the cut as Y***** ST7.
I got the Shuoer one

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #705 of 3,872
Thanks folks that sure looks nice but I’m out for that kinda price myself. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back