Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 4, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #721 of 3,872
I too tried it with the BT20S and didn't like the sound. It doesn't provide enough power to drive it. I use mines with Radsone ES100 via balanced. It sounds wonderful and more airy than my Andromeda Gold when applying eq, shown in pic below. I declared Tape to be the best purchased I made this year.
Nice. Thanks for the EQ, gotta test it when I get home.
Have you tried Dolby Atmos with it (I think Samsung has it, idk what device you're using)?

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #722 of 3,872
Nice. Thanks for the EQ, gotta test it when I get home.
Have you tried Dolby Atmos with it (I think Samsung has it, idk what device you're using)?

I like the Dolby Atmos on the Samsung phones. I use it almost all the time with my TWS. It adds extra depth and more 3d feel, especially when using it outside

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #723 of 3,872
I like the Dolby Atmos on the Samsung phones. I use it almost all the time with my TWS. It adds extra depth and more 3d feel, especially when using it outside

Did you try it with the Tape? I believe they have 3 mode (music, movies, and voice?). I think the movie option reduces the width of soundstage and increases the volume a lot (I don't like it while listening to music, sometimes it changes to movie mode for a bit and then changes back to music). The music option sounds like everything is brought forward a tad.

I'd love to hear your evaluations of those on Tape. Since I'm quite new with the whole thing, not sure what I'm describing is correctly worded.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #724 of 3,872
After the success I had using AZLA SednaEarFitLight tips on my T800s I ordered another set. This time M’s instead of ML’s and once again they sound excellent. They are not cheap though but for these and a couple other iems I have they work perfectly.
I buy on Amazon US just search AZ....etc as I wrote it above and you’ll find them, $14.99 for 2 pair there are drawings there also showing sizes.
These Tapes are now right next to my T800s sound wise, I enjoy both sets immensely!
EFE7C781-F22A-48B8-8540-3DF36363D649.jpeg DEE83BF0-3DBF-45A9-973B-7BAD9066072F.jpeg

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #725 of 3,872
^ Hmm, I see the Sedna ML are 13.3. I am using 14mm L JVC on my Tape. Not Spiral Dots or the like. Like the JVC JD826X better than those. Still may try the ML AZLA out.

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #726 of 3,872
2 months so far, to be honest, I can hardly tell. The soundstage on BT20S might be a tiny tiny tiny bit smaller, treble still "hot" just not as much, again, I can hardly tell as I'm not that experienced.
When compared to wired, then the difference is noticeable but only when I sit down and look for it. Mids kinda thin out, more or less the same bass. More extension with wired, and like @chinmie stated, it's not as sparkly.

I use it as my sole daily driver (living minimalist-style), I don't feel the need to go back to wired or other iem. DD bass and S8F details, I thought I'll never see it.
Thankfully my unit is still going strong.

Thank's for clear explanation....
I think TM-2 will become my next wish list

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #727 of 3,872
Thank's for clear explanation....
I think TM-2 will become my next wish list
I got my Fostex as a gift. Personally I would not pay that retail for it. BT20S just makes more sense, but I do prefer Fostex. They're pushing out the app for it and there's firmware update.

For Tape though, I'm not 100% sure on the power to drive it, either ES100 or BT20S is fine if you can live with the cons. Or use a neckband (Shanling is coming out with a good one, if I remember correctly).

Tape wireless is pretty dope. Great isolation, SQ suits my taste, and fit is great. The QC is really dragging it down.

Also, anyone wish the mids to be a bit thicker?

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #728 of 3,872
Did you try it with the Tape? I believe they have 3 mode (music, movies, and voice?). I think the movie option reduces the width of soundstage and increases the volume a lot (I don't like it while listening to music, sometimes it changes to movie mode for a bit and then changes back to music). The music option sounds like everything is brought forward a tad.

I'd love to hear your evaluations of those on Tape. Since I'm quite new with the whole thing, not sure what I'm describing is correctly worded.

yes, usually i just set the dolby atmos in auto, and haven't thought about it using the modes until you mentioned it. with spotify, the auto (maybe obvious enough) would set to "music".
the only difference that i can hear between the music and voice setting is the lower bass; "music" would extend and raise the lowest rumble of the bass, while "voice" would cut/roll off the lowest bass.
the movie setting would just increase mid channel making dialogs more audible and seems to reduce the width of the stereo field

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #729 of 3,872
My Asus phone also has the Dolby options, it includes a custom eq option. I usually use that with my Bluetooth.

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #730 of 3,872
I got my Fostex as a gift. Personally I would not pay that retail for it. BT20S just makes more sense, but I do prefer Fostex. They're pushing out the app for it and there's firmware update.

For Tape though, I'm not 100% sure on the power to drive it, either ES100 or BT20S is fine if you can live with the cons. Or use a neckband (Shanling is coming out with a good one, if I remember correctly).

Tape wireless is pretty dope. Great isolation, SQ suits my taste, and fit is great. The QC is really dragging it down.

Also, anyone wish the mids to be a bit thicker?
Me. By the way, Tapes are a BEAST of an IEM! I use my Tapes with a Linum Bax and FiiO X5 III; day by day, while the burn in proceeds i like 'em too much. Fingers crossed for reliability. At today all is OK.

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #733 of 3,872
Oh is that what happened. My dhl shipping of the EJ07 has been stuck on "Shipment information received" for a few days now.

So it is the customs department doing it.

I think that DHL use actual item value rather than '$10 earphones' AE sellers tend to kindly declare that slip by customs officials. AE sellers can often use 'shipment information received' or 'awaiting pickup' for IEMs that are getting built by a small manufactuting team to meet demand after 11/11 to give them more time. I suspect the ej07/st7 are being made to order and they're dealing with the backlog and sending out dubious shipping 'info' to meet the AE seller stipulations of posting within a set timeframe after an order is received. I had the same last year with the DM6.

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #735 of 3,872
I think that DHL use actual item value rather than '$10 earphones' AE sellers tend to kindly declare that slip by customs officials. AE sellers can often use 'shipment information received' or 'awaiting pickup' for IEMs that are getting built by a small manufactuting team to meet demand after 11/11 to give them more time. I suspect the ej07/st7 are being made to order and they're dealing with the backlog and sending out dubious shipping 'info' to meet the AE seller stipulations of posting within a set timeframe after an order is received. I had the same last year with the DM6.

This seems possible. A week later (today), it updated as "Shipment picked up".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back