Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 3, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #706 of 3,872
I’m listening Tape and I like transparency sound signature drived by Hiby R5.
Hope sound will improve again

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #707 of 3,872
I’m listening Tape and I like transparency sound signature drived by Hiby R5.
Hope sound will improve again
I'm like 80% of the way to buying an r5. I have the tapes. Do you like the pairing? Anything to note about the r5 on its own? I don't want to deviate too much from the Tape discussion, so any thoughts on them together and also maybe a little on the r5 functionality in general? Worth it? I have cayin n5, but the balanced out is broken and it will cost me an arm and a leg to have fixed, plus I hate the laggy interface. I need quick wifi streaming when at home, pocketable for the go, and tidal offline...paired with the Tapes..what do you think?

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #708 of 3,872
Anyone else got the EJ07 yet?

I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I find them to be excellent.

They have the details of the Tape but with a more refined bass and vastly better mids.

They are well balanced across all areas and I guess could be described as more "audiophile" in nature.

All in all I am highly impressed with them, their tuning of all 3 types of drivers is impeccable, hopefully the build quality is better than the Tapes and they will serve me well for a long time.

My 11/11 order of ej07 rebranded set had shipping cancelled after 3 weeks. Seller has said they're sending DHL now rather than cheap post, which means definite customs delay and charges. Ah, the joys of Ali(not-so)Express!

Thanks for your impressions - looking forward to getting them even more now!

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #709 of 3,872
anyone tried the Tape with the BT20S? it has minimal hiss, which is nice, but the sound becomes more mellow and relaxed compared to wired with my BlueDAC, that i like my Galaxy Buds more than the Tape and BT20S combo. with my other IEMs that i paired with BT20S (OG Kanas, EM2, and T2 Pro) they don't sound very different (if at all) than going wired.

maybe because the estat drivers don't get along with the BT20S?

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #710 of 3,872
anyone tried the Tape with the BT20S? it has minimal hiss, which is nice, but the sound becomes more mellow and relaxed compared to wired with my BlueDAC, that i like my Galaxy Buds more than the Tape and BT20S combo. with my other IEMs that i paired with BT20S (OG Kanas, EM2, and T2 Pro) they don't sound very different (if at all) than going wired.

It's sad that found out it is not work perfectly with BT20s, the reason I bought ST because I want to combo my BT20s's with it.....
I'm looking for cheaper combo of BT20S + Andromeda sound quality and thought ST can give it...

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #711 of 3,872
My 11/11 order of ej07 rebranded set had shipping cancelled after 3 weeks. Seller has said they're sending DHL now rather than cheap post, which means definite customs delay and charges. Ah, the joys of Ali(not-so)Express!

Thanks for your impressions - looking forward to getting them even more now!

Oh is that what happened. My dhl shipping of the EJ07 has been stuck on "Shipment information received" for a few days now.

So it is the customs department doing it.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #712 of 3,872
It's sad that found out it is not work perfectly with BT20s, the reason I bought ST because I want to combo my BT20s's with it.....
I'm looking for cheaper combo of BT20S + Andromeda sound quality and thought ST can give it...

well don't get your hopes down yet, it's still sounds good, but just not sparkly as using wired to my Bluedac, which is is bright sounding to begin with, and I'm a bit of treble compulsive. best scenario you might end up liking the Tape and BT20S combo :ksc75smile:

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #713 of 3,872

Make sure to try other sources the dreaded driver fail might have happened.

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #714 of 3,872
Make sure to try other sources the dreaded driver fail might have happened.

now that i put it back to wired duty, it still sounds the same as before, so luckily for me the drivers are still good

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #715 of 3,872
I use mine with Fostex TM2 (moved on from BT20S). I think the extra power of higher chip gives it a little oomph compare to BT20S. Nothing much though.

Turn on Dolby Atmos with Tape surprisingly doesn't do much. Bring it forward a tiny bit

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #716 of 3,872
I use mine with Fostex TM2 (moved on from BT20S). I think the extra power of higher chip gives it a little oomph compare to BT20S. Nothing much though.

Turn on Dolby Atmos with Tape surprisingly doesn't do much. Bring it forward a tiny bit

Interesting combo
How long you have use this ? And which sound part is better, treable or bass ?

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #717 of 3,872
So I contacted Stephen from linsoul about QC issues in the tape and if they have been fixed. He asked me if the problem I asked was MMCX-related to which I asked him about the volume dropping or driver failure.
He hasn't replied for almost about 2 days now which leads me to believe that the loose MMCX has been fixed but the driver is still having problems. It's totally an assumption.

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #718 of 3,872
I just got my Tapes yesterday and compared to all my other iems these seem to have a very alluring sound to them.
Very detailed with amazing separation, they don’t seem to ever get muddy when a lot of sounds are happening all at once.
Very detailed but still realistic, smooth and organic sounding,
They definitely draw you in and make you want to listen to them.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #719 of 3,872

I too tried it with the BT20S and didn't like the sound. It doesn't provide enough power to drive it. I use mines with Radsone ES100 via balanced. It sounds wonderful and more airy than my Andromeda Gold when applying eq, shown in pic below. I declared Tape to be the best purchased I made this year.
Screenshot_20191204-121417.png

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #720 of 3,872
Interesting combo
How long you have use this ? And which sound part is better, treable or bass ?
2 months so far, to be honest, I can hardly tell. The soundstage on BT20S might be a tiny tiny tiny bit smaller, treble still "hot" just not as much, again, I can hardly tell as I'm not that experienced.
When compared to wired, then the difference is noticeable but only when I sit down and look for it. Mids kinda thin out, more or less the same bass. More extension with wired, and like @chinmie stated, it's not as sparkly.

I use it as my sole daily driver (living minimalist-style), I don't feel the need to go back to wired or other iem. DD bass and S8F details, I thought I'll never see it.
Thankfully my unit is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back