Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 30, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #661 of 3,872
I am very impressed with tape's bass rendition. It is perfectly weighted with right amount of impact and decay. Very textured as well for an IEM. And as everyone mentioned, this thing really digs deep into the recordings with abundant detail retrieval. Impressive for an IEM in this price range. I don't usually believe in driver burn in, but I think 3-4k peak is becoming more tolerable as I continuously use them as well. Maybe brain burn in. Very much enjoying this set right now.

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #662 of 3,872
Just got mine surprisingly early with the cable I like slapped right on it. Using Spinfits (orange inner ring) and my recently acquired Ibasso DX200 and the new cable all together sounds great so far 45 minutes maybe. No peaks just smooth detailed sound which I like......I’ll try and get the links together for the cable and tape if anybody is interested. An early present!
CC99A087-C38C-4F4C-8548-692EF1ABE4D4.jpeg
D21F1209-836E-4D8B-ABE5-9BC1FB7E8C5C.jpeg

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #665 of 3,872
Per Zeos, these are discounted on Drop and Amazon now, $110 and $119, respectively.

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #666 of 3,872
I have been listening off and on to these all night and I’m liking everything about them. They remind me of the **** and find amazing bits of detail I don’t remember hearing before in the music. I finally got the crazy container with stock cable and tips open and the cable seems nice, are most folks using it?
So far the sound is a consistent volume on each side and I listen at low volume. I’m happy to say that the tinnitus in my left ear has totally cleared up, no more ringing since using my new volume restrictions. Just enough gain to hear the unit opening up and chug along made everything better.
As they are now I’ll be using these off and on with my T800s, these two sets are my favorites now, I love the sound all around on both and detail retrieving they bring.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #667 of 3,872
After 10 days of pure pleasure my right side of the tape is gone to heaven. First i had some strange noises than the sound was completely gone.
I bought it on amazon. They will send me a new one. But nonetheless it is very sad. I love the sound, the bass, the extreme detail retrieval and the huge stage.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #668 of 3,872
It would be good to find out what everyone who has the tapes paired it with when they failed? And under what scenarios? Eg playing loud volumes etc.
Have they all been with sources capable of higher voltage?
Or is it truly poor manufacturing/design?
I’m still waiting for mine and got them from Ali express so wondering what trying to return them might be like if they fail.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #669 of 3,872
I don't know what it was. My guess is that the electronic had a loose connection. I could hear some music but extremely quiet. When i tapped with my finger on the housing it played normally.
I think someone in the factory did a bad soldering work.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #670 of 3,872
After 10 days of pure pleasure my right side of the tape is gone to heaven. First i had some strange noises than the sound was completely gone.
I bought it on amazon. They will send me a new one. But nonetheless it is very sad. I love the sound, the bass, the extreme detail retrieval and the huge stage.

feel so sorry, but seriously they need to redesign or tighten the QC section for this. So many user have their Tape failed, like a timebomb, just the matter of time. Hopefully not with rest of you guys. I was on the fence of getting Shuoer Tape once, but I think I'm sure now I will wait for revised version.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #671 of 3,872
I used them this weekend and i had them on my hiby 9038s combo running with cable 175... i wanted to check how much db i had the 4khz lowered with the equalizer.. and it was off... ok :wink:
Well i am more than happy with the sound now and because buying them of amazon i should have no trouble when any problems will arise. I hope not i really like them and with whirlwind tips they sound great too.

IMG_20191129_221931_HDR.jpg

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #673 of 3,872
1-2 hours / day for two weeks now and no QC problems here.
Just bought it yesterday during black friday.... I hope my decision was right...
Is there any comparison with TFZ king Edition ?

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #675 of 3,872
Having read all the posts here I've ordered the tapes praying they won't go bad on me. It was on a black friday deal on linsoul.
They haven't shipped yet, has been about three days now. Having owned the Kanas Pro and Tin T2 in the past I'm expecting a huge jump on the sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back