Shuoer impressions thread
Feb 11, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #3,421 of 3,872
Thanks, that is interesting! Maybe that is what I need! Cab you give me a link for amazon.jp listing? Couldn't find it there. By the way, you described Yanyin Canon being better than EJ07m, in what way?
Canon has better, more natural timbre in the vocals, more lively (but never harsh) treble and life-like soundstage/imaging.
When I listen to live recordings, Canon gives me an illusion of being present right there in the concert, while EJ07M doesn't let me forget that I'm listening to a (great) recording.
Important - that comparison is valid for the best tips used for Canon (Final Type B) and EJ07M (Final Type E).

Here is an Amazon Japan link for Type E tips, but this item only ships inside Japan:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/final-Type-Black-Silicone-Earpieces/dp/B083TFN1CH/
Or they can be bought directly from Final:
https://final-inc.com/collections/accesories/products/eartip-e-jp
Final's store only ships within Japan, but if you contact them directly, they may agree to ship internationally - but you'll have to pay with a bank transfer.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #3,422 of 3,872
Canon has better. more natural timbre in the vocals, more lively (but never harsh) treble and life-like soundstage/imaging.
When I listen to live recordings, Canon gives me an illusion of being present right there in the concert, while EJ07M doesn't let me forget that I'm listening to a (great) recording.
Important - that comparison is valid for the best tips used for Canon (Final Type B) and EJ07M (Final Type E).

Here is an Amazon Japan link for Type E tips, but this item only ships inside Japan:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/final-Type-Black-Silicone-Earpieces/dp/B083TFN1CH/
Or they can be bought directly from Final:
https://final-inc.com/collections/accesories/products/eartip-e-jp
Final's store only ships within Japan, but if you contact them directly, they may agree to ship internationally - but you'll have to pay with a bank transfer
Do you find that Canon has a faster than EJ07m?

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #3,429 of 3,872
Give me some test tracks and I'll compare
Alright, these two tracks:

Which IEM renders drum speed and impact better? I had Fiio FH7 which really impressed me at those tracks, better than EJ07m, FH7 was faster, produced deeper bass when it was called for it with no bleed and bass was airy sort of produced in a space rather in my ears, EJ07m sounded a little bit clogged on these tracks to me, especially on the first one. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #3,431 of 3,872
Not much of the sale...
You can buy EJ07M on Aliexpress for 450$ - why pay 495$ ?
The Kinda Lava edition should become available at the similar price too - they are the same price at Shuoer's site.
Anyway, who is buying Kinda Lava before there is even a single review out? Very risky...

The only difference in Kinda Lava should be a differently tuned bass, with more midbass.
That's exactly what Final Type E tips do to EJ07M :jecklinsmile:
I see no need to buy the Kinda Lava edition at any price - at least until there are some reviews out.

Feb 12, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #3,432 of 3,872
I find that Comply tips give me the best bass which also means the best seal. I allow the IEM to vent air (front vent) as was intended by the tuning.
Foam tips do provide most bass due to best isolation, but it's not always best bass.

Feb 12, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #3,433 of 3,872
Yes it is. Lets fight.
[edit] if the tuning wants to be non-isolated, so be it. The tips are not supposed to leak air at all, end of story. More over, if you are either flaring out the bore tip ID OR clamping it down you are chaning the tuning.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #3,434 of 3,872
I just jumped onto the bus!!!! Custom EJ07M ordered today. They were super good to work with at Letshuoer!!!!! So far so good. Course there is still a LOT to do between this order and getting them and listening. Off this week to get ear impressions, etc....... Not to mention coming from China once they are made, to me in Thailand, by way of America. Gonna be some well traveled CIEMS.
Thanks for you guys' advise along the way, much appreciated.
God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 13, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #3,435 of 3,872
I just jumped onto the bus!!!! Custom EJ07M ordered today. They were super good to work with at Letshuoer!!!!! So far so good. Course there is still a LOT to do between this order and getting them and listening. Off this week to get ear impressions, etc....... Not to mention coming from China once they are made, to me in Thailand, by way of America. Gonna be some well traveled CIEMS.
Thanks for you guys' advise along the way, much appreciated.
God Bless,
Wayne
Got my EJ07m reshelled this week, will show some pictures later, took some inspiration from Kinera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back