Shuoer impressions thread
Feb 10, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #3,406 of 3,872
Thanks False Prophet for your comments, I think it is so cool that we have discussion coming from all around the world!!!
I do not believe I will get any info on the HBB tuning before I have to buy, and have been going back and forth, listening to reviews of the OGEJ07 and the EJ07M, and I think these comments by Michael Bruce (I am sure he is on here but don't know the nicknames people use) finally sold me on getting the 07M:
"It (the 07M) does give you a distinct top of the line tuning that the original lacks." He called it a "clear top of the line presentation" and said the 07m is "an incredible value...this is killing it". Sorry to lift that out of some context. If I am twisting his meaning or interpretation to my detriment, please tell me.
My old but wonderful Eartech CIEMS with 4 and 6 b/as are very musical to my ears, but I do want to try a more top of the line tuning and presentation, hoping this will be it.
Thanks for all your help guys,
God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #3,410 of 3,872
Thanks Michael/redrol, I thought so but wasn't sure. And I hate to quote someone for fear of missing their point or mis-stating, so I appreciate your confirmation. I enjoy your videos a LOT and have learned a great deal from them!!!! Although I do love bass, it seems from what you and others have said that the 07M has enough bass, sub-bass and mid-bass. For the kind of music I listen to. I am intrigued by the HBB tuning coming now, but I do especially want to keep what you called TOTL tuning and presentation. And the mids, afraid all that might get compromised. Which I gather is pretty easily done.
Anyone think I would be better off going with the OG 07? Speak now or forever......
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #3,411 of 3,872
Thank you Wayne!!! Far as the 07m, vs say the 07. The 07 has a bit 'deeper' 3D stage, while the 07m moves you up in the audience a bit, towards the front. Bit less diffuse and more in your face.. which is killer. 07m is definitely no slouch in the mids. I'd say maybe, my best midrange sets are 07, 07m, RSV, and Dark Magician. The rest are good and poper but not super magic omgness.

I still prefer the 07 over the 07m for Metal music, and various other types that require a bit more forgiveness in the upper mids and lower treble.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #3,413 of 3,872
...It's gotta be the best value in chifi right now, with the sale going on.
Second best, I'd say :jecklinsmile:
Yanyin Canon at 330$ (regular price 350$) beats EJ07M, Tri Starlight, Dunu EST 112, IBasso IT07, AKG 3003, Final Audio Heaven VIII, Final Audio FI-BA-SS and UM MEST JP.
All IMHO, of course :L3000:
EJ07M still wins the best bass crown, but only barely - some tracks Canon does better.

And if you want to buy EJ07M, get it for 450$ here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003036971786.html
Canon at 330$ is here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002718514857.html

I have no regrets buying EJ07M at the same time as Canon, but it won't be getting much listening time.

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #3,414 of 3,872
Thanks once again redrol and BenF. I will be ordering from Letshuoer and will be getting the resin shell in any case as I am getting custom iems.
BenF, that is the reason I will order directly from them, also I did not find any such cheap price on Aliexp. the least was 577. Letshuoer's sale price will beat that by quite a lot in a few days. Never found the Canon at all. But then I don't spend any time at Aliexp.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #3,415 of 3,872
Hey I am Michael Bruce :D Yeah you said what I said. I hope the 07m does the trick for you!! It's gotta be the best value in chifi right now, with the sale going on.

Agree and signed. EJ07m is a beast.

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #3,416 of 3,872
So I was a bit hasty on the S12. Very.

It turns out I love it to death with a massive bass boost. Innnn fact, its my pick for the basshead of the year!! Of course not in stock form. it's way treble heavy that way. With a stupid amount of bass boost it hits me as probably my favorite V shaped set ive ever heard! SO FUN. THE BASS IS HOLY GOD GOOD!!

Lets go nuts:
I don't have S12 to compare, but here is my recipe for the best bass I have ever experienced in an IEM at any price
1) EJ07M
2) Final Type E tips
3) Profit!

1644531476714.png

Quantity-wise, EJ07M already has enough bass, with up to ~12dB boost. But Final Audio Type E tips improved the bass quality significantly, and added some mid-bass.
1644533233499.png

I recommend buying one set of 5 sizes of Clear/Red and one set of 5 sizes of blue or black - they are somewhat different.
1644532809750.png

https://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html

These tips are only 8.5$ on Amazon Japan, but outside of Japan are often sold at 20-24$.
They are provided with Kinera Skuld/Nanna 2.0 and Campfire Audio Andromeda though, so that's an option too :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #3,417 of 3,872
I don't have S12 to compare, but here is my recipe for the best bass I have ever experienced in an IEM at any price
1) EJ07M
2) Final Type E tips
3) Profit!

Quantity-wise, EJ07M already has enough bass, with up to ~12dB boost. But Final Audio Type E tips improved the bass quality significantly, and added some mid-bass.

I recommend buying one set of 5 sizes of Clear/Red and one set of 5 sizes of blue or black - they are somewhat different.

https://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html

These tips are only 8.5$ on Amazon Japan, but outside of Japan are often sold at 20-24$.
They are provided with Kinera Skuld/Nanna 2.0 and Campfire Audio Andromeda though, so that's an option too :jecklinsmile:
Thanks, that is interesting! Maybe that is what I need! Cab you give me a link for amazon.jp listing? Couldn't find it there. By the way, you described Yanyin Canon being better than EJ07m, in what way?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #3,418 of 3,872
Thanks once again redrol and BenF. I will be ordering from Letshuoer and will be getting the resin shell in any case as I am getting custom iems.
BenF, that is the reason I will order directly from them, also I did not find any such cheap price on Aliexp. the least was 577. Letshuoer's sale price will beat that by quite a lot in a few days. Never found the Canon at all. But then I don't spend any time at Aliexp.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne
I've considered CIEMs, but decided against them.
Most TOTL IEMs are very sensitive to the type of eartips used and the insertion depth, allowing me to tune their sound - you don't get that with CIEMs.
EJ07M gives me best bass with Final Type E tips, but best vocals with Final Type B tips - I couldn't find a tip that would give me both so far.
With a CIEM, you will likely get one of the two - or neither :thinking:
And since you don't own the universal version of EJ07M, you won't even know what you got.

Tightest fit isn't always the one that will give you the best SQ - with UM Mest JP, I get the best sound with shallow-fitting double flanges.
With CIEMs, you lose that tuning ability, and you can't even sell them if you are not 100% happy...

Buying regular EJ07M at 450$ will leave you plenty of extra cash to invest in high quality tips.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #3,419 of 3,872
Hi BenF,
Thanks for your comments, and I hope we can just agree to disagree.
I have owned 6 pair of iems so far, and they either fit my ears and seal (CIEM) and sound like music
Or
don't make a seal without my grabbing my head in both hands and cramming in the iems (UIEMs) harder into my ears, but the seal is lost as soon as I let go and they sound like CRAP!!!!! No bass at all.
I get a good laugh sometimes when I read reviews on Amazon or here sometimes when people comment about the terrible sound and no bass from a pair of iems and I can always be willing to bet that they simply don't have a good fit, are not getting a seal.
Fit/Seal=Music No Fit/No Seal=No Music
I will roll tubes with anybody who wants to, but I will not roll tips. Been there, done that, does not work for me.
Sorry, just my humble opinion and experience.
God Bless,
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back