Shuoer impressions thread
Feb 4, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #3,391 of 3,872
Talking about those EJ bunnies popping up - guess what just landed in front of my door just before noon :D luckily they can do next-day delivery in the UK :)
tempImageo9Clwh.jpg

Alright, first thing first, I prefer balanced termination, for me it gives best sparkle / spacious vs SE which seemed confirmed with the 3.5mm (to 6.5 adopter) cable I chose for my 07M. I only have this one SE cable so my quick A/Bs were done between fixed 09's stock 4.4 cable (pure silver plated single crystal copper) with 07M vs swapping 09, 07OG and S12 on the SE 07M stock copper cable (as you can see I have just disconnected it to swap them). Also, good that K9 Pro can drive both output simultaneously so very convenient A/B

Now just less than 2hr listen and very initial feedback (I don't really believe in burn-in esp not planar driver): yep, SE gave much fuller mids and warmth to the sound with less sparkle for me, esp obvious for 07M - it sounded notably different compared to when I have it on the silver-copper cable came with 09 (another story, all my other cables are 2.5 and I found using adopter affects the sound, no high quality adopter with me so these days I limited myself to just this native 4.4 cable):
  1. 07M on SE Copper - very punchy bass, noticeable better than 07 OG, 09 (S12 doesn't have too much to start with); very full Mids due to SE?
  2. 07M on 4.4 Balanced - really good bass, love it, better than 07 OG! mids still good and treble nicely done as well, I can still vol scale it well, perhaps just in honeymoon phase but at present I prefer it more than OG - if mostly listen pops/electrics/rocks guess safer bet with 07M; Glad I took the plunge and gotten it!!
  3. 07 OG on SE Copper - very similar to 07M, just the lighter bass & treble version, perhaps cable or termination but sparkle or treble not as good with the balance & 09 cable setup (if both under balanced output, difference is rather small)
  4. 09 on SE Copper - bass not as punchy as 07M (same as OG), and just gives that amazing resolution (see full review by fjlaps) and spacious sound, for me it is for classic not for pops, it is perhaps for monitor not as musical - Hotel California with 09 made me feel I was standing in front of the band, no IEMs gave me that!
  5. S12 already covered in other thread, I actually like it a lot more under SE Copper - great set for the price

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,392 of 3,872
Spa03, Wow that was fast!!!!!
I am impressed!!!!!
Thanks for the quick review, those are very interesting observations. Will look forward to some more in the days to come, IF you would be so kind, after you have had a good time listening. YEAH, it sounds like it was a great idea for you to get the 07m. Well done. The short nozzles have not caused you any problems?
I am particularly interested in the 07OG vs 07m comparisons with balanced cables. But it is all good and informative.
Sounds like so far the bass is best in the 07m. Any idea how it does with classical, piano, cello and violin?
Thanks so much, Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #3,393 of 3,872
Hi Guys, and in particular Spa03, I just saw this rating list from BGGAR but I don't see any date on it. He rates the OG 07 as a S- and only rates the 07m as an A.
https://tinyurl.com/w4co38r
I see people change their ratings and their minds, fair enough. And this may be that, but there is also a note about "fit" so it is possible he is addressing that short nozzle thing there?
Anyway, after you have listened more and compared the two players, can you comment on that? Or anyone else?
Thanks,
God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #3,394 of 3,872
So I was a bit hasty on the S12. Very.

It turns out I love it to death with a massive bass boost. Innnn fact, its my pick for the basshead of the year!! Of course not in stock form. it's way treble heavy that way. With a stupid amount of bass boost it hits me as probably my favorite V shaped set ive ever heard! SO FUN. THE BASS IS HOLY GOD GOOD!!

Lets go nuts:
1644094869387.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #3,397 of 3,872
So there is this dumb track on youtube:

The S12 gives me dual subwoofers in a room sound. AND the air. Never experienced this in an IEM EVER! It's the most air, the most visceral bass ever.

Me too. I get astonishing bass from the S12, not just impact, although there is plenty of impact, but everything bass should have. It's quite an experience. I didn't want to go on about it because who would believe it and nobody else mentioned it. It's the best bass in my 48 IEMs.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #3,398 of 3,872
@dharmasteve Dude you are SO right. I almost missed out on this. I am happy throwing big EQ at them because the driver gives no fs and does exactly what I request. +8DB @ 40hz? SHUOER no problem hahaha.

Feb 7, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #3,400 of 3,872
Hi Guys,
I am working on getting on the bus. It is hard work though.
I contacted Letshuoer last evening, ready for them to read my message when they got back to work today from the CNY, IF they in fact are back to work.
It was late but I did get an answer after a while. Late for both of us, I had not been drinking, not sure who was on the other end. I mentioned that I had heard Joseph was helpful, but no confirmation I was talking to him.
The good news: I was able to confirm that I can order a custom Shuoer X HBB EJ07M, with the HBB tuning. And I believe the price is going to be the same, $160 more than the MSRP. I mentioned that the 07M is on sale at Linsoul, but that was met with silence. No mention of a discount though a 10% discount was mentioned when I registered on their website as a customer today, a first order discount?
I was able to start a dialogue about shipping custom ciems to Thailand, I wondered if they could ship to the States, a freight forwarder there sends me stuff from Amazon all the time and gets it through customs (terrible) here. Whether or not IF the ciems did not fit properly could I send them back for a refit it that whole shipping process had taken more than a month for me to get them? He said he is checking with the boss on that.
BUT THEN
The representative on the other end threw this in the conversation:
"Personally I have a CIEM and I don't see the appeal of having it over UIEM, plus I haven't heard of people having fit issues so far."
So clearly someone there has not heard about the short nozzles. Anyway, I mentioned that I have to get a custom, I have NEVER had one single UIEM seal in my ears without my holding them in by hand, they never stay sealed, EVER.
There does not seem to be a page or section on their website for selecting custom faceplates, etc. Special instructions. But IF I can get someone (this person last night seemed very fluent in English) to talk, I will go over all that.
What I am apprehensive about:
I have seen the graph of the FR of the HBB 07M, but nobody has reviewed it. What if his increased mid bass messes up the fantastic mids that everyone raves about?
So I am totally in the market for, and actively working on getting a CUSTOM Shuoer X HBB EJ07M, or a OG EJ07 or a EJ07M.
Any thoughts, comments, direction, opinions welcomed.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #3,401 of 3,872
Good news, LetShuoer came back to me and said if I have a problem with fit they will fix it for free, no problem about how long. That is great.
And they sent me the shell colors and faceplate options, are answering my questions. So this is good.
And the guy at LetShuoer recommended for the kind of listener that I am, the OG EJ07. I "think" he is likely right.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #3,403 of 3,872
Good news, LetShuoer came back to me and said if I have a problem with fit they will fix it for free, no problem about how long. That is great.
And they sent me the shell colors and faceplate options, are answering my questions. So this is good.
And the guy at LetShuoer recommended for the kind of listener that I am, the OG EJ07. I "think" he is likely right.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
Didn't get much chance to listen, been a hectic weekend... nevertheless, I'd say 07 OG has better imagine? although 07M not far off. Will need properly A/B them with the same 4.4 cable, so I'd say difference is not obvious apart from bass. Only got to listen it on Fri. but to be quite frank, both redrol and nymz prefer OG and they have listened more IEMs than I've had fish & chips!

Good to hear they can do HBB tuning too, and their customer care is amazing, I don't think you would have any trouble should you need to adjust/re-mould. As I am typing this, suddenly a crazy idea came to my mind - why not asking whether they can do a set with switches?!!! 0 - OG, 1-07M and 2-HBB you'd be set forever LOL :D :D

Regardless, I hope you too will enjoy the set, a lot (albeit not everyone) enjoyed them already, hope it can bring the same amazement & smiles for you.

One particular reviewer's ranking will probably be more align with that person's preference & library, I then took how they ranked the sets I have heard or owned and compared how my preference vs their ranking to derive my preference and landed on redrol's - which you know the rest are history :D (HBB have had 07 OG as one of his top 4~5 for most of last two years? Crinacle doesn't even has 07s anywhere noticeable and very different ranking too). But I was exactly the same as you back then when first gone onto the Chifi / Letshuoer short-bus. I still think if you get an UIEM 07M, then can potentially offload it if don't work out for you or in love, go customise it to CIEM with 07 OG tuning / HBB - all you will have are shipping charges and/or some adjustment fees (I don't know, need to ask Joseph)? Or, get both :)

*Edit: with to my small ears, 07m fits much better than OG, and build is top notch - these guys are seriously good at their CNC / polishing / faceplate etc. work (the OG resin too was amazing work of an art)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,404 of 3,872
Thanks Spa03 for the above and all you helpful guys.
I heard that Letshuoer is going to have a sale starting 13 Feb. through the 16th. 20% off. I do not know more details, but I do believe this will be the time for me to pull the trigger on a pair of CIEMS.
Spa03 you said again this time that the EJ07M has more bass than the OG 07 and seems it has a bit more treble. But still retains the great mids of the OG? It is looking like that will have to be the way to go for me. The 07M. I have searched and can find NO review of any kind on the HBB collaboration tuning, other than a graph. As much as I respect and like to listen to the BGGAR reviews, there is little of his music library that I can relate to, except a few old favs like Pink Floyd, Elton John and Fleetwood Mac. Most of the music he listens to is too heavy for my tastes. So I am thinking the smaller, lighter bass boost I will get from the 07M will be enough for me, I will probably not need the HBB tuning. (but sure do wish I could hear more about it).
Open for any thoughts guys. The OG is really tempting, but I think the modern classical music I listen to, and Hi Res files (not the golden oldies much) will likely match well with the 07M and I can save a coupla hundred dollars as well.
Always open for discussion, Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #3,405 of 3,872
Thanks Spa03 for the above and all you helpful guys.
I heard that Letshuoer is going to have a sale starting 13 Feb. through the 16th. 20% off. I do not know more details, but I do believe this will be the time for me to pull the trigger on a pair of CIEMS.
Spa03 you said again this time that the EJ07M has more bass than the OG 07 and seems it has a bit more treble. But still retains the great mids of the OG? It is looking like that will have to be the way to go for me. The 07M. I have searched and can find NO review of any kind on the HBB collaboration tuning, other than a graph. As much as I respect and like to listen to the BGGAR reviews, there is little of his music library that I can relate to, except a few old favs like Pink Floyd, Elton John and Fleetwood Mac. Most of the music he listens to is too heavy for my tastes. So I am thinking the smaller, lighter bass boost I will get from the 07M will be enough for me, I will probably not need the HBB tuning. (but sure do wish I could hear more about it).
Open for any thoughts guys. The OG is really tempting, but I think the modern classical music I listen to, and Hi Res files (not the golden oldies much) will likely match well with the 07M and I can save a coupla hundred dollars as well.
Always open for discussion, Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
EJ07m is plenty enough for the bass, some of us can argue it is even to much, for me there is some lack of impact and it feels bloomy at times but again I am comparing it to my other IEM, -2 dB would be great for the bass and overal balance. Can't even imagine how HBB version should sound. Regarding the treble it is quite smooth, depending on your taste you might like it or not, for me it was a problem, it lacks of some energy and aggression, percussion often doesn't sound natural with no energy to it, again some of us are treble sensitive so it is fine and it depends. Also there is a lack of some air and artists appear in front of you but stage is holographic as they say. Surely mids are fantastic and voices are golden and smooth, looks like it was their goal to create that amazing smoothness to the sound, on the other hand it smoothers out the high frequencies, surely you can use EQ to do some compensation for it. Surely it is a great set worth of your attention. I even went for a slight retuning in the treble region to get the most out of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back