Shuoer impressions thread
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,451 of 3,872
Just a little heads up, the BGGAR or the HBB gives a little preliminary love to his Shuoer X HBB EJ07M Kinda Lava collaboration here in this video:

And says down in the comments that it doesn't mess with the sound of the 07M it just adds some slam. Any thoughts?
God Bless,
Wayne

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,452 of 3,872
As promised, some beauty to see! Wanted something closer to the Kinera models like Nana or Skuld, like more unified approach so faceplate and cavity would look like one peace, so asked to put a tiny drop of blue dye to match faceplates, also chose a cavity which was a slightly opaque, I would preferred even more opaque but I am pretty happy with chosen one. These are EJ09 default faceplates, asked Letshuoer to put less of that blue mix so it would look more balanced and busy, to me it has cosmos look which I like. I was a slightly difficult customer had my own ideas regarding design and tuning, was constantly changing my mind but here we are, I am pretty happy with the result, to me it looks like a peace of art. Enjoy the views! :)

IMG_2183.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,455 of 3,872
As promised, some beauty to see! Wanted something closer to the Kinera models like Nana or Skuld, like more unified approach so faceplate and cavity would look like one peace, so asked to put a tiny drop of blue dye to match faceplates, also chose a cavity which was a slightly opaque, I would preferred even more opaque but I am pretty happy with chosen one. These are EJ09 default faceplates, asked Letshuoer to put less of that blue mix so it would look more balanced and busy, to me it has cosmos look which I like. I was a slightly difficult customer had my own ideas regarding design and tuning, was constantly changing my mind but here we are, I am pretty happy with the result, to me it looks like a peace of art. Enjoy the views! :)

IMG_2183.JPG

Did you touch the tuning?

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #3,456 of 3,872
Once I get it, it is already two moths passed since I sent my IEM to China, but these are problems related to logistics, Letshuoer did everything great! :ksc75smile:

Yeah, mine have been there for a month already... Not shuoers fault for sure. I hate postal offices 😂

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #3,458 of 3,872
Sorry if that came off harsh. EJ has top tier resolution but not pushed treble. For some people that mean a kind of 'veil' and for others its more of a natural speaker-like replay.
I agree, some people want to reproduce the concert experience, and some want to reproduce the speakers experience - it's a personal preference.
I never had good speakers, but I'm crazy about live music - so that's what I want to experience with my headphones.

Im not sure why anyone is chasing the detail dragon with the EJ series. Quite honestly you are in the wrong isle. EJ is about natural sound, not hyperrealistic detail.

What bothers me about this is people talk about this type of tuning like it is somehow better. It's a tuning preference, not better or worse technilaties. What you do not realize is some people hate that hyperreal type of tuning. I am one of them. On that subject, my entire review channel is angled towards sets that you would call veiled. Food for thought.

It's preference, not technalities.
Not sure I understand your point about "hyperreal" tuning.
When I experience music as if I'm right there at the concert, it just feels real, nothing "hyper" about it.
Anything "hyper" would make it feel less real, do you know what I mean?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #3,459 of 3,872
Hello everyone.
The EJ07 OG now costs €550 + taxes on Aliexpress and the hype is tempting me to buy it too, but I already have the EJ07m ordered (it's just cleared customs, yeah!). Is the EJ07 a different experience or another version of the same thing? Knowing that I will soon have the EJ07m, would it be worth having both or reselling the EJ07m and keeping the OG?
Some reviewers (@redrol , @nymz , HBB...) put the OG way over the 07m in their lists. I know that they've explained a lot in their videos and forums, and more or less I know their criteria, but apart from tip fit and volume scaling, I don't understand the reason.
I don't want the hobby to get out of hand, so keeping both earphones would mean I had to get rid of one of the ones I already have.
The music I listen to is mainly 70's prog rock and current pop/indie rock. My goal let's say it's the Harman curve. Based on frequency graph it seems that the EJ07m is closer to my tastes, but for the price of the OG I see it as an opportunity to buy it.

The shops in Ali with this offer are DUDO and Magicsaudio. Magicsaudio also has a 63€ coupon.

Many thanks from a crazy consumer.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #3,460 of 3,872
07 has less treble overall and the bass is sub focused. OG EJ has the sickest 3D deep stage ever. I need to own both but man, you have to make up your own mind!

FWIW 07 OG is my rock set easily. Just nails it.

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,461 of 3,872
Hello everyone.
The EJ07 OG now costs €505 + taxes on Aliexpress and the hype is tempting me to buy it too, but I already have the EJ07m ordered (it's just cleared customs, yeah!). Is the EJ07 a different experience or another version of the same thing? Knowing that I will soon have the EJ07m, would it be worth having both or reselling the EJ07m and keeping the OG?
Some reviewers (@redrol , @nymz , HBB...) put the OG way over the 07m in their lists. I know that they've explained a lot in their videos and forums, and more or less I know their criteria, but apart from tip fit and volume scaling, I don't understand the reason.
I don't want the hobby to get out of hand, so keeping both earphones would mean I had to get rid of one of the ones I already have.
The music I listen to is mainly 70's prog rock and current pop/indie rock. My goal let's say it's the Harman curve. Based on frequency graph it seems that the EJ07m is closer to my tastes, but for the price of the OG I see it as an opportunity to buy it.

The shops in Ali with this offer are DUDO and Magicsaudio. Magicsaudio also has a 63€ coupon.

Many thanks from a crazy consumer.
You can't use that coupon, it's for higher priced items:

1645379584377.png

Feb 20, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #3,463 of 3,872
49D8990A-2F5B-4F2F-8B1C-66F63175D706.jpeg
Mine works. Also try to use the mobile app (32€ on coin discount)
Is that an up-to-date screenshot? Mine starts at a different (current) price, and the coupon doesn't work.
Maybe you clipped that coupon earlier, when it had a different minimum price?
And what's that 106Euro "price adjustment"?

1645397973206.png

Feb 20, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #3,464 of 3,872
Is that an up-to-date screenshot? Mine starts at a different (current) price, and the coupon doesn't work.
The €106 are for the VAT adjustment. Being a product of more than €150, the new European regulations require the price to be shown with VAT included, but Aliexpress cannot collect this VAT (expensive item), so it is deducted from the final price so that the buyer can pay it to his customs agent. If you apply 21% VAT to the €579.82 it costs you, it gives €701.58, which is more or less the price it gives me.
I think that's why I can use the discount coupon by having the initial price with VAT included.
But in the end they have asked for compensation and the final price is the one that you have.

Greetings.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #3,465 of 3,872

Why not to buy it form Hifigo for €529? Taxes and shipping fees are included and will reach you much faster without being hold at customs, no tax declarations needed just like buying from any EU dealer, like Hifigo for that and prices there usually are lower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back