Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 16, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #2,401 of 3,872
I hope the magnetostatic drive pushes more air in the upper bass and mid, because the og tape was a bit thin. The attack and decay was a little short, but i think it is the physics of this driver with a open diaphragm.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #2,402 of 3,872
Agree, current Gen Tape’s bass is dope, love it too & they defi didn’t sacrifice that. My friend didn’t know what setting the graph was measured under by bass can be adjusted (apparently) - so exciting will get one as soon as it’s released in China and send over to me :)

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #2,403 of 3,872
Right! Tape Pro: (source from China)

- Swapable sound tube (great news but hope can find standard ones)
- the screw drive on the back will adjust the bass!
- separated driver units to achieve better mids quantity, also gives better coherence and too have much better sound stage* both horizontal and vertical
Edit: - 0.78 not MMCX
- alum colour (personally don’t like it and hope they offer diff colour)
D6ABCC4C-0B56-4163-8DB7-5D473BF8EB19.jpeg
- FR chart looks like this - drop in 3k! Then slow rise to peak at 4K!
9EAF13E8-357D-4AE0-A86A-BD038F73FEE0.jpeg
- same price as Tape! Looks like a winner to me, can’t wait!!!
- ps, most importantly they improved on QA (a must as it’s plague with issues previous gen)

Looking forward to this set! The silver with blue accent looks sick!

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #2,404 of 3,872
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #2,405 of 3,872
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #2,406 of 3,872
Right! Tape Pro: (source from China)

- Swapable sound tube (great news but hope can find standard ones)
- the screw drive on the back will adjust the bass!
- separated driver units to achieve better mids quantity, also gives better coherence and too have much better sound stage* both horizontal and vertical
Edit: - 0.78 not MMCX
- alum colour (personally don’t like it and hope they offer diff colour)
D6ABCC4C-0B56-4163-8DB7-5D473BF8EB19.jpeg
- FR chart looks like this - drop in 3k! Then slow rise to peak at 4K!
9EAF13E8-357D-4AE0-A86A-BD038F73FEE0.jpeg
- same price as Tape! Looks like a winner to me, can’t wait!!!
- ps, most importantly they improved on QA (a must as it’s plague with issues previous gen)

Few small just received:

- the chamber has been modified to accommodate the separation of those two driver units, improve toneability significantly (hence the improvements in stage)

- apparently they are still fine tuning some small details, such as might set the left screw as blue with right side red as oppose to picture shown both blue

- the bass adjust (same screw mentioned above) might get set incremental lock so both earpieace can match exactly to each other

- ensure this “screw” won’t be accidentally took out or got damaged

- might get a slight longer sound bore (first gen can be a bit short for some)

- with all these have to say most likely eta Nov (if they not yet finalise above fine details then mass production defi not commenced yet)

Will defi get one set! Looks slick and addressed a lot of our ask! Take my £££ :)

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #2,410 of 3,872
Few small just received:

- the chamber has been modified to accommodate the separation of those two driver units, improve toneability significantly (hence the improvements in stage)

- apparently they are still fine tuning some small details, such as might set the left screw as blue with right side red as oppose to picture shown both blue

- the bass adjust (same screw mentioned above) might get set incremental lock so both earpieace can match exactly to each other

- with all these have to say most likely eta Nov (if they not yet finalise above fine details then mass production defi not commenced yet)

Will defi get one set! Looks slick and addressed a lot of our ask! Take my £££ :)
Definitely hope the bass adjustment is incremental. It wouldnt be good if it rotated like a volume wheel otherwise (hard to match both sides, and also a big pain to review since you cant tell the exact adjustement).

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #2,411 of 3,872
Few small just received:

Awesome! A blue left screw and a red right screw makes sense. Can't wait till preorders go up!

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #2,412 of 3,872
hahah!! EJ07 Pro? Count me IN!!!!! There is literally no way I can avoid this IEM.

You totally rock @Spa03!
No concrete info just yet but apparently it’s due by end of year just after Tape Pro?! How exciting!

Judging by how they have taken in feedbacks (well hope Tape Pro will not get any QA issue), I have a lot positive feel to look forward to EJ07 Pro! But of course, diminishing return comes in play so perhaps the best part would be a CIEM version with some good adj (as the +15db in 10k you recd) - don’t know really how a pro version might be!

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #2,414 of 3,872
DSC_0294.JPG
DSC_0295.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back