Shozy Zero IEMs
Apr 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #259 of 1,545
Thought I'd try the Zero with the FiiO X1 and unfortunately the synergy here is just abysmal. Layering is shot to nothing and mid range is muddled into the ground. So far the best synergy I'm getting with the Zero is the FiiO E17 (original), and the VE RunAbout. Even the Synergy with my HTC One M7 is better, and of course, the big boy Audio-GD NFB15.32 is working some magic.

I'm 100% convinced that the Shozy Zero is the house music KING. Absolutely loving the way it separates that great visceral bass from the rest of the music. It's just awesome!

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #262 of 1,545
So... running more tests on the Zero. Just did a SineGen frequency sweep and I can vouch for the absolutely ridiculous frequency response on the Zero. Chucked it on starting at 15Hz as I usually do and you can actually feel the drivers fluttering away, as you build up the presence is always there. The bass goes ridiculously low, and it is extremely stable too as I flicked the high gain switch on the NFB15.32 and cranked up the volume to see where the bass starts to distort. I got it up at around 2-3 o'clock on high gain with an amp that puts out 3.5W into 25 Ohms (10V RMS), however I'm not sure what the output impedance is for these drivers, or their sensitivity, but GOD DAMN they can take a lot of juice. I think the guys at Shozy have been playing with some black magic at their labs. 
biggrin.gif

PS. I've got a little over 100 hours burnt into them so far. I wouldn't suggest anyone shocking the drivers like that without caution. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #264 of 1,545
Dont torture them now:scream:, only with the bass heavy music is preferred:grin:

I do this with all audio gear I get. If its not pushed then how will anyone know the limits and QA of course.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #266 of 1,545

pretty sure that Shozy explicitly said orchestral music to burn it in lol 

Which is actually quite ironic because I think that they're a pretty bad choice for classical/orchestral music.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #267 of 1,545
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 23, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #268 of 1,545

Users who are viewing this thread

Back