Shozy Zero IEMs
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #286 of 1,545
Complex digital setups unite!
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
You Guys ARE aware that you have a serious Addiction going on, Don't You?
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #287 of 1,545
:cool: You Guys ARE aware that you have a serious Addiction going on, Don't You? :D

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Oh yes, on some months I spend about as much on VST audio software plugins as your average head-fier spends on gear :ph34r:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #288 of 1,545
Anyone know how these compare to VSonic VSD3S's? And has anyone used them with a Samsung Galaxy S6?

I can give you a very short comparison from memory. If you'd like me to sit down with the both you'll have to wait a couple of days.

The Zero is much smoother overall. Especially in the highs that are a bit splashy on the vsd3s but much fuller and smoother without feeling very rolled off on the Zero. The bass quantity is probably a bit bigger on the Zero but the quality is better. The vsd3s is more in your face and aggressive in it's tuning compared to the more laid back and relaxed sound from the Zero.

Imo the Zero is technically superior and a more enjoyable listening (and I do like my vsd3s quite a bit).

I hope this helps :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #289 of 1,545
I concur with Peter123's impressions :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #290 of 1,545
I can give you a very short comparison from memory. If you'd like me to sit down with the both you'll have to wait a couple of days.

The Zero is much smoother overall. Especially in the highs that are a bit splashy on the vsd3s but much fuller and smoother without feeling very rolled off on the Zero. The bass quantity is probably a bit bigger on the Zero but the quality is better. The vsd3s is more in your face and aggressive in it's tuning compared to the more laid back and relaxed sound from the Zero.

Imo the Zero is technically superior and a more enjoyable listening (and I do like my vsd3s quite a bit).

I hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

I concur with Peter123's impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

That'll do me. Just ordered from Penon. Thanks for the thoughts!

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #293 of 1,545
I uae wav file on med high volume through the alien on the zero , music such as the black keys, queen, red hot chili peppers, adele, backstreet boys, nsync, sam smith, Beethoven, Mozart, yanni, etc........

I find Zero do well with some warm blues albums, Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter a good example.

But really, I play Michael Jonasz pretty much 24/7 for a full year now, I don't understand a single word he sings in French, I can translate a few French verses to what I think he's saying like: 'do the walkie talkie', 'here comes the pooh bar'. But really, the lyrics are all a mystery...

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #295 of 1,545

I hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Which one would you prefer for electro? Bands like Underworld and Gusgus and the like?

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #297 of 1,545
I find Zero do well with some warm blues albums, Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter a good example.

But really, I play Michael Jonasz pretty much 24/7 for a full year now, I don't understand a single word he sings in French, I can translate a few French verses to what I think he's saying like: 'do the walkie talkie', 'here comes the pooh bar'. But really, the lyrics are all a mystery...

You really should go search up the lyrics and paste it on google translate lol
but sometimes there are, sort of dejavu/ foreign romance listening to tunes from other ethnic groups 
redface.gif
 let it be?

I uae wav file on med high volume through the alien on the zero , music such as the black keys, queen, red hot chili peppers, adele, backstreet boys, nsync, sam smith, Beethoven, Mozart, yanni, etc........

Was just playing califonication, santorini and truth of touch(album) on the machine 
biggrin.gif

keeping these on the playlist for ages already.... and some Prince tunes 
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #298 of 1,545
Which one would you prefer for electro? Bands like Underworld and Gusgus and the like?

I've never heard those bands so it will take some time before I can answer that. Probably Monday night CET the earliest. In general I find the Zero to be on a different level than the vsd3s.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #299 of 1,545
I've never heard those bands so it will take some time before I can answer that. Probably Monday night CET the earliest. In general I find the Zero to be on a different level than the vsd3s.

Great thanks! Take your time and do it only if you like that music style of course. 
L3000.gif

wink.gif
 Glad to read that the Zero is so well liked.  

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #300 of 1,545

I still have my VSD3, and I feel that the Zero is definitely a better iem technically speaking, not just by a bit but quite a few levels above. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back