Shozy Zero IEMs
Apr 23, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #301 of 1,545

I still have my VSD3, and I feel that the Zero is definitely a better iem technically speaking, not just by a bit but quite a few levels above. 

I find this intriguing. I have the new VSD3S and I find the Vsonic GR07 quite a bit above that. I am curious if the Zero will be able to best the GR07 as my favourite dynamic driver IEM.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #302 of 1,545
A review on these on HeadFi is saying they have "Slightly recessed mids and highs". Is that true? For example, how do they compare to the RE-400?

I am really having a difficult time deciding between these and the Carbo Tenore's.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #303 of 1,545
A review on these on HeadFi is saying they have "Slightly recessed mids and highs". Is that true? For example, how do they compare to the RE-400?

I am really having a difficult time deciding between these and the Carbo Tenore's.

:wink: Even though the Tenores are a very capable iem, if these aren't on a different level, then this thread and accompanying hype are a waste of time.

I can personally think of close to a half dozen or more sub $50 iems with as good or better SQ than the Tenore.

and yes, I do own a pair of Tenores so this statement is not conjecture, but it IS opinion.

JMHO

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #305 of 1,545
The Zero really shines with wide bore tips, makes it sound more balanced and the midrange relatively clearer. I gotta get me a smaller Spiral Dot tip size as L is not playing nice with the Zero. Using something similar in the interim. Dat midrange doe

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #306 of 1,545
The stock tips are pretty wide bore yea?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 23, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #308 of 1,545

You really should go search up the lyrics and paste it on google translate lol
but sometimes there are, sort of dejavu/ foreign romance listening to tunes from other ethnic groups 
redface.gif
 let it be?

I actually have googled translated Michel Jonasz lyrics once or twice, but they're quite patchy hard to make any sense of.

I simply love his voice and still pull emotion from his albums, even without knowing the meaning of each song. 
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #309 of 1,545
The stock tips are pretty wide bore yea?

Yes, but they are not playing nice with my ear anatomy so I went with the non spiral dot JVC tips as they are softer and the smallest one allows me to insert enough and get a much better seal.

As a result the treble is more clear as its not affected by the lack of seal and the Sub bass is improved for the same reason. As is the soundstage etc. Just goes to show you how important seal is :)  The treble was probably helped the most by my tip rolling. 

And dat sub bass tho, I can;t believe something so small can have such bass capabilities. What kind of gypsie magic is this??

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #312 of 1,545
My Zeros have just hit the ~120 hour mark and they're steadily improving.
Initially the midrange was slightly recessed, but now seems to be coming out more, with the bass becoming more controlled and not bleeding into the mids as much.

For now, I've only compared them to the only thing in my inventory that is somewhat near its price range: the Apple Earpods.
Compared to the Earpods the Zeros are a nice upgrade: the bass/mids are much better defined with better layering, while the treble is better controlled though smoother. Definitely much more resolving. Used the stock tips.
I've been told by a few sources that I should continue burning it in until past the 150 hour mark. Will report back once I get there.

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #313 of 1,545
wink.gif
Even though the Tenores are a very capable iem, if these aren't on a different level, then this thread and accompanying hype are a waste of time.

I can personally think of close to a half dozen or more sub $50 iems with as good or better SQ than the Tenore.

and yes, I do own a pair of Tenores so this statement is not conjecture, but it IS opinion.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I understand :) That's why I would LOVE someone to do a comparison between the 3 of them, and maybe the Havi :p They all supposedlly have quite similar sound signatures.

RE-400 vs Carbo Tenore vs Shozy Zero vs Havi B3 Pro 1

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #314 of 1,545
How is shozy zero compared to chord & major tonal iems?

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #315 of 1,545
I understand :) That's why I would LOVE someone to do a comparison between the 3 of them, and maybe the Havi :p They all supposedlly have quite similar sound signatures.

RE-400 vs Carbo Tenore vs Shozy Zero vs Havi B3 Pro 1

I'll see if I can do Tenors/B3/Zero within a couple of days. I'm a long time Havi lover and I don't find them particularly similar in signatures but equally enjoyable (and that something I've never experienced from any sub $150 before). To me the Havi and Zero are great complement to each other and is a duo I could probably live with as my only two IEM's, but we all now that's not gonna happen lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back