Shozy Zero IEMs
May 22, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #871 of 1,545

the stock tips are surprisingly good, but i end up using the small tips to get the insertion and to reduce flex

Honestly, I haven't changed the tips to test any others (seriously). 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

May 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #872 of 1,545
Hey warrior1975, glad to hear you're back up and kicking :smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 23, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #875 of 1,545
Just received the Shozy Zero.

Yesterday I had a visit from a friend who just got his 64ears U12 - so we had a small match with the SE846, U12 and the Noble K10U. So that set quite a high benchmark.

Then today put in the little Shozy Zero into my ears (no burn in time yet) and boy was I surprised. It's detail retrieval is really nice and overall sound signature is very very pleasing to my ears. 
I am mightily impressed. 

Cheers!

May 23, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #877 of 1,545
I am glad that Shozy actually gave some thought into the nozzle size of the Zeros and what tips to include for the package. In this case it looks like they match up well. I noticed a lot of manufacturers. Sony AT and the like just use standard in house tips that don't necessarily give out the best sonics on a particular IEM they are releasing. So I don't blame others for trying out their own tips.

On a different note. I notice the Zero seem to match up well with my Pono but not so much on my DX90. Was way too bright sounding on my DX90 for some reason. 

Did a comparison to the Finder X1 last night for a friend out of my Pono. This is what I came up with.

Right off the bat the Zero is more efficient. Finder needs a touch more volume to match sound levels. The stage is very similar sounding on both iems. The Finder might be a touch wider but I think it has more to do with how much leaner it sounds vs the Zeros.  The Finders have a bit more extension on both ends and the bass is more tighter on the Finders but the big difference is the mid range.

Mid range has more body and fullness to the sound over the finder. It sounds a bit more natural vs the finder X1.
There is a bit more mid bass to the Zeros vs the finder too but is no where near overblown. It does have a touch warmer tone vs the X1 probably due to the fuller lower notes and that woodie timbre.  Makes low notes pop a bit more so than the finder. A bit more impactfull in the bass which adds to the body of the tune your listening to. Sounds very natural actually. I would still consider the bass end to be more closer to a neutral in levels for both mid bass and sub bass but with a few dbs in bass boost. Nothing close to the FX850 H3 or even the Rain 2. 

It sounds fantastic on the pono. Another really good match in single end with the player.. I am gonna let them burn in all next week and we will see where it goes.
The timbre is damn good and has a bit of that FX850 woodie flavor to the sound but lacks the stage,  low end grunt and sub bass rumble to match the FX850. Otherwise it is pretty impressive. Detail wise they don't sound lacking at all which is another surprise on these.  They certainly hang with the Finder in detail just loosing a touch on microdetails. Bass is more defined on the finder. Finder has the brighter tone and sound cleaner probably due to the thinner mid range and treble extension of the finder.

But the Zeros actually sound more natural and sounds better balanced in comparison to the two.

May 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #879 of 1,545
I am glad that Shozy actually gave some thought into the nozzle size of the Zeros and what tips to include for the package. In this case it looks like they match up well. I noticed a lot of manufacturers. Sony AT and the like just use standard in house tips that don't necessarily give out the best sonics on a particular IEM they are releasing. So I don't blame others for trying out their own tips.

On a different note. I notice the Zero seem to match up well with my Pono but not so much on my DX90. Was way too bright sounding on my DX90 for some reason. 

Did a comparison to the Finder X1 last night for a friend out of my Pono. This is what I came up with.

Right off the bat the Zero is more efficient. Finder needs a touch more volume to match sound levels. The stage is very similar sounding on both iems. The Finder might be a touch wider but I think it has more to do with how much leaner it sounds vs the Zeros.  The Finders have a bit more extension on both ends and the bass is more tighter on the Finders but the big difference is the mid range.

Mid range has more body and fullness to the sound over the finder. It sounds a bit more natural vs the finder X1.
There is a bit more mid bass to the Zeros vs the finder too but is no where near overblown. It does have a touch warmer tone vs the X1 probably due to the fuller lower notes and that woodie timbre.  Makes low notes pop a bit more so than the finder. A bit more impactfull in the bass which adds to the body of the tune your listening to. Sounds very natural actually. I would still consider the bass end to be more closer to a neutral in levels for both mid bass and sub bass but with a few dbs in bass boost. Nothing close to the FX850 H3 or even the Rain 2. 

It sounds fantastic on the pono. Another really good match in single end with the player.. I am gonna let them burn in all next week and we will see where it goes.
The timbre is damn good and has a bit of that FX850 woodie flavor to the sound but lacks the stage,  low end grunt and sub bass rumble to match the FX850. Otherwise it is pretty impressive. Detail wise they don't sound lacking at all which is another surprise on these.  They certainly hang with the Finder in detail just loosing a touch on microdetails. Bass is more defined on the finder. Finder has the brighter tone and sound cleaner probably due to the thinner mid range and treble extension of the finder.

But the Zeros actually sound more natural and sounds better balanced in comparison to the two.

Thank you for your very detailed impressions, would you say the mid bass on zero is more controlled compare to the FX850, I sometimes listen to symphonic metal and the FX850's bass does not have a good speed.

May 23, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #881 of 1,545
Thank you for your very detailed impressions, would you say the mid bass on zero is more controlled compare to the FX850, I sometimes listen to symphonic metal and the FX850's bass does not have a good speed.

It is more a matter of having bigger bass vs less bass on the zeros. This by nature will give a better sense of speed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back