Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #15,676 of 41,075

Thanks. Will still need to move things around. Final version may look entirely or partially different. And that's okay, just means new pix! 
normal_smile%20.gif

smiley_thumb.gif
 the cans were the only thing I could find in the kitchen cupboard.

it is fun watching the whole thing come together.....

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #15,677 of 41,075
  My little work setup

Beautiful setup, how do you like the TH600? I am looking for a good pair of closed-back headphones, and i was thinking about the Fostex TH600

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #15,679 of 41,075
Beautiful setup, how do you like the TH600? I am looking for a good pair of closed-back headphones, and i was thinking about the Fostex TH600

I love them! They are semi-open though, so not the best isolation. They have a bit of a U shape with sub bass emphasis, mids slightly recessed, and then a wonderful treble presentation. Excellent clarity/resolution and instrument separation, and they're quite open sounding. I consider them to be a great all-rounder for traversing multiple genres during the day.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #15,680 of 41,075

Those are floor standing Japanese candle holders. When I have overnight listening sessions, I tend to listen either in the dark or in low light.

I do too. I have gone so far as using electrical tape to block all LEDs and stuff. Low light if only necessary for me as I like to "decouple" my vision from my ears. It really improves my hearing for me.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #15,681 of 41,075
I love them! They are semi-open though, so not the best isolation. They have a bit of a U shape with sub bass emphasis, mids slightly recessed, and then a wonderful treble presentation. Excellent clarity/resolution and instrument separation, and they're quite open sounding. I consider them to be a great all-rounder for traversing multiple genres during the day.

How do you find the Aune amp with the Fostex? Do you find the amp "warm" enough to bring out the Fostex mids?
I'm using iFi iCAN to drive my TH600 and HD800 but I do find them a tad cold and thinking of a tube amp to add some warmth.
Thanks

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #15,682 of 41,075
How do you find the Aune amp with the Fostex? Do you find the amp "warm" enough to bring out the Fostex mids?

I'm using iFi iCAN to drive my TH600 and HD800 but I do find them a tad cold and thinking of a tube amp to add some warmth.

Thanks

I read somewhere i think here, that the Amp section of this is a SS and the Tube is used by the DAC side, so not sure if that would be what you are looking for as far as more warmth.

Someone might chime in that actually has it though, i only heard it for about 15 mins or so at a meet that i put on with a set of RS2's and Ps500's that did sound pretty good though.

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #15,683 of 41,075

I do too. I have gone so far as using electrical tape to block all LEDs and stuff. Low light if only necessary for me as I like to "decouple" my vision from my ears. It really improves my hearing for me.

Some designers/manufacturers have gone plain mad! With LED placement, size and brightness screaming "Look at me, look at me!!!" As if the single piece of gear
rolleyes.gif
will be the only one in the room.

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #15,684 of 41,075

Some designers/manufacturers have gone plain mad! With LED placement, size and brightness screaming "Look at me, look at me!!!" As if the single piece of gear
rolleyes.gif
will be the only one in the room.

Yeah lol, it seems everything has them, and once you take notice of it, you will get bothered quickly of the neon christmas going on lol. Pretend they aren't there before you take measures like i do lol...

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #15,685 of 41,075
Thanks

The Aune is new for me, so take this FWIW, but I find my Project Starlight to be a much better pairing for the TH600. The Aune's tube buffered DAC doesn't seem to bring out the sound of the tube nearly as much as the Starlight, which is a hybrid tube amp. I would strongly recommend the Starlight.

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #15,687 of 41,075

Thank you very much for your response ethan7000! i`m sure this is a great allround headphone and what i am looking for except  the low isolation.

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #15,688 of 41,075
My desk setup... Still waiting on the nice stuff to arrive. However, I wanted to put together a budget system in an effort to establish a baseline to which I could compare high-end products. In my reviews I will then be able to compare the sound of summit products to the modest equipment I have here. At least the is the plan for now... I have only been listening to the Schiit stack for a few minutes and it is already impressive. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #15,689 of 41,075
  My desk setup... Still waiting on the nice stuff to arrive. However, I wanted to put together a budget system in an effort to establish a baseline to which I could compare high-end products. In my reviews I will then be able to compare the sound of summit products to the modest equipment I have here. At least the is the plan for now... I have only been listening to the Schiit stack for a few minutes and it is already impressive. 

Nice table, I really need something like that

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #15,690 of 41,075

Where can one buy the plastic/glass head? I have that same Ikea lamp myself lol. I love a deep desk, so much more useful space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back