Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 31, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #15,556 of 41,075
  I have been workin on my portable rig and my next goal is to work in my head-fi station and believe me yours is one that I like. I woud just get a tube amp and some tubes to roll

Nice set up Don  
L3000.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #15,557 of 41,075
But how do you know when your cables are burnt in (may be that's my problem)      :L3000:

No idea as I have no experience with it. I guess probably not a noticeable sound change, I bought it for the build quality anyway so doesnt matter :)

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #15,558 of 41,075
*in a thick Indian accent*
Oh yes! You start hearing magic difference in sound after our return policy ends! Sound be good! Go on! Buy cable!

You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.

I was joking man :p sorry if I came off as snarky.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #15,559 of 41,075
I was joking man :p sorry if I came off as snarky.

Hehe im sorry to, maybe shouldnt respond when im already in a bad mood. Didnt get to listen long enough yesterday to the hegel I guess :)

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #15,560 of 41,075
I think the burn-in issue is just a remnant from an older era, when things really did have burn-in. Now I think the guys at the hifi stores just say everything has burn-in. One reason they say this is it gives you a reason to not return items if you experience buyers remorse or aren't 100% satisfied and it doesn't cost them . . . you just need to wait and the sound will get better. According to all the tests I've seen with measurement equipment, there isn't any burn-in on solid state amps or cables. If there is a change after 100 hours, then we don't have a piece of equipment that can detect it, and the equipment we do have is far more precise than our hearing.

The other interesting thing about the burn-in is that it seems like the amount of time it takes keeps getting higher and higher.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #15,561 of 41,075
I was under the impression that burn-in was a simple loosening of moving mechanical parts through use, similar to mechanical dithering. Under that assumption, it would not make sense for anything without moving parts to need to burn-in.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #15,562 of 41,075
That too but I think metals getting heated up also changes shape therefore different sound when it been running for an hour for example. And things worn out over a long time and will change in that matter aswell.

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #15,563 of 41,075
All this lovely banter about the sonic properties of wire... (sigh) belongs in the Sound Science foolishness forum with the posts about the sonic properties of power cords, fuses and AA Batteries...

Moar pictures please.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #15,566 of 41,075
I love the looks of the M&M stacks. I have considered one myself, but have yet to pull the trigger. Currently saving for an Emotiva DC-1 DAC/HP amp, so I am holding off for now.

I have considered buying the Magni after that either way, to have a low cost amp that should do well with harder to drive 'phones.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #15,569 of 41,075
Nice :) Allways loved the looks of it and the w3000anv :D You should look up Laleh :) Such an awesome singer! She is my favourite female artist hehe

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #15,570 of 41,075
Firstly sorry for the horrible camera photos :) But might aswell take picture of the bottom floors stuff :)
The new Hegel (proud somehow lol) and the little dot mk3 :)

Asus control panel + foobar :) 

Playing music thru the hd650 atm.

Dad got my akg q701 + there is our diy copy of black cube

(blurry) The fireplace, so nice to sitt in the poäng ikea chair and listen too the music. Also got the foobar app in my cellphone so do not need to get up and walk to the pc ^^

The white speakers is of concrete and is my dads project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back