Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #14,656 of 41,133
Quote:
Yick. MX Blues all day every day. If I can't hear it through noise cancelling isolation cans, I've been ripped off.

lol i hate hearing those clicks all day, but im also a guy that covers all his LEDs with electrical tape and builds PCs least flashy as possible...

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #14,657 of 41,133
Quote:
lol i hate hearing those clicks all day, but im also a guy that covers all his LEDs with electrical tape and builds PCs least flashy as possible...

I have a daskeyboard with Cherry MX Blues and can't hear them through my headphones.  People nearby may hear it though.  

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #14,658 of 41,133
New apartment and new setup that I am happy with. Primarily listen to the the Dt880's and the Missions. Occasionally hook up the M1 actives for fun. Fixed up damaged cone with some glue on one of the 771's as temporary fix. Love the sound of the Missions through the tubes. Finally found a pair of replacement woofers for the missions in eBay that are on there way from Canada. Very happy about that! I know the cords are a mess, but haven't been concerned with that yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #14,659 of 41,133
Quote:
New apartment and new setup that I am happy with. Primarily listen to the the Dt880's and the Missions. Occasionally hook up the M1 actives for fun. Fixed up damaged cone with some glue on one of the 771's as temporary fix. Love the sound of the Missions through the tubes. Finally found a pair of replacement woofers for the missions in eBay that are on there way from Canada. Very happy about that! I know the cords are a mess, but haven't been concerned with that yet. 

Missions! Are those 771s? I'm a huge fan of Mission pre-acquisition, and I have a pair in my bedroom setup driven from some vastly overpowered vintage Dynaco gear.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #14,660 of 41,133
Quote:

Missions! Are those 771s? I'm a huge fan of Mission pre-acquisition, and I have a pair in my bedroom setup driven from some vastly overpowered vintage Dynaco gear.

They are indeed 771's. :)I also have am a huge fan of older mission speakers. I bought a pair of 761i's on closeout around the time they stopped selling Mission in the US. Had those forever and fell in love with mission speakers.Since then I am always looking for good deals on older mission speakers on Craigslist and eBay. Recently bought 4 Mission m70's and a m7ci center that I use for my home theater. No where as nice as the 771s but pretty decent for a cheap home theater setup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #14,661 of 41,133

MX Blues ALL DAY.

Also, I don't even attach power or HDD LEDs anymore. Totally black, Lian Li case. No disc drive either. Screw that.

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #14,662 of 41,133
Quote:
. And man my phones camera sucks!

It certainly does! 
tongue_smile.gif

Traveler Club checking in.

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #14,663 of 41,133
MX Blues ALL DAY.

Also, I don't even attach power or HDD LEDs anymore. Totally black, Lian Li case. No disc drive either. Screw that.

I agree with the completely dark case, I don't attach LEDs anymore either. But...I love my browns, blues make too much noise and I still get that tactile feedback of the actuation point.

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #14,665 of 41,133
It's good. I've never heard the Bifrost so I can't really speak to a difference, but the Valhalla compared to the Magni is a $10,000 difference. The Modi most definitely is enough DAC to justify the Valhalla as a purchase, the detail and soundstage through the T70 is phenomenal. I know there are $400 DACs out there that the Modi will stomp any day, so it makes sense. 

That said, if I can convince IT to install the drivers for me (machine's locked down) I will be swapping in an Uberfrost USB soon enough, even if just for aesthetic reasons, though I'm sure it'll make things even more amazing. 

Thirding the "jet black single LED HTPC style computer + MX blues" club. My home PC is in a Fractal Design Node 605, a true work of (black, rectangular prism) art.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #14,670 of 41,133
yes, HE500… ddnt update the inverntory lists for quite sometime… the one plug into WA6 is HD800 which is also not in my lists:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back