Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #12,946 of 41,110
Finally got the whole rig put together and finished the rack today!

Since im a cheapa$$ i built the rack myself, its made out of cinder blocks and MDF, but i cut a bunch of 1/4" neoprene rubber to size to put between all of the shelves and cinder blocks for vibration isolation.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #12,947 of 41,110
Quote:

Since im a cheapa$$ i built the rack myself, its made out of cinder blocks and MDF, but i cut a bunch of 1/4" neoprene rubber to size to put between all of the shelves and cinder blocks for vibration isolation.

Great setup! But not so great album
size]

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #12,949 of 41,110
Quote:
Quote:
Great setup! But not so great album
size]

haha ouch...

Oh, i also finally got the spikes on my speakers, what a difference that made. I also used them to perfectly level the speakers which i think also made a huge difference. Very happy with the rig now :D

I'm still in envy of your speakers from when you showed them off a couple of weeks ago. I will have something to show off come early May though
size]
(Early May((no numbers
size]
)) is my birthday, you all know what that means!)

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #12,951 of 41,110
Quote:
*snip*

I have this personal vendetta against MDF furniture. They never seem to stay flat for more than a few months. They bend very easily.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #12,953 of 41,110
lego stand l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0l0ll0l0l0l!!!!!

cool idea though

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #12,954 of 41,110
Here's what I mainly use now though I'm getting the Colorfly CK4 and saving for the Schiit Lyr.  I also use my Dell notebook sometimes but I like the C3's sound more.

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #12,955 of 41,110
Quote:
Quote:

I am very happy with the DAC-2. The first time I heard it I was hooked and I am pleased it is part of the chain. One thing that attracted me was how it could be upgraded when new technologies came around. It will soon be going in for some of these new upgrades....Always something!

Seems to be a pretty popular pairing.  Of what upgrades do you speak?

Upgraded USB, DSD support and a few other goodies depending on how much you want to spend....

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #12,956 of 41,110
Quote:

SK, I love the Aries I with the Dynavestor!

beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #12,958 of 41,110
Quote:
they're pretty hard to find. there where a few group buys where people where getting them for like 60-70 a tube. i've seen a couple on ebay for 99$, that was a few weeks ago. they rarely come up for sale. jack has some for sale right now, hes charging like 90$ or so for them. also some1 sold one here on head-fi for 100$ not too long ago.

Thanks, girl.  That's not TOO bad 'cept you've got to buy the adaptor, also.  Certainly cheaper than the Princess, which I have.
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #12,959 of 41,110
Quote:
Upgraded USB, DSD support and a few other goodies depending on how much you want to spend....

Are those upgrades available at Wyred4Sound?  Seems like DSD would be a nice upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back