Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #12,166 of 41,128
Quote:
WOW!...what a beautiful speaker that is
tongue_smile.gif
  Congratulations on your new purchase!

they really are beautiful, i wish everyone could see them in person!

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #12,169 of 41,128
They're $2500 with stands. The stands are a $500 option.
Considering the stands are low mass, flat pack (bolt together), and made in China, I'd opt for different stands.
They look like a very competitive $2000 speakers!

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #12,170 of 41,128
Quote:
Considering the stands are low mass, flat pack (bolt together), and made in China, I'd opt for different stands.

Oh I thought they were 2.5k plus stands. Definitely nice for 2k. I wonder if Skylan would have a stand that'd work. I'm very fond of their stands for my HL5s.

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #12,171 of 41,128
Quote:
Nice KB!! I have a Filco Ninja with the Cherry MX switches but I've really fallen in love with my Realforce with the Topre switches.  If you're into mechanical keyboards the Topre switches are a must try.  Do we need a keyboard appreciation thread? :)

What is this magical 'topre' switch :0 

I have the MX Red switches, First owned the brown switches, but I thought they felt a bit cheaper than the mx blues. And the MX Reds feel like I'm typing on a boob :3

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #12,172 of 41,128
Quote:
Just got the new speakers in today! got them set up in the living room right now

eek.gif

beerchug.gif

A Magico Q7 ($185,000.00) owner compared his speakers side by side with the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne loudspeakers ($2500.00) and was so impressed he immediately traded them in for a pair of MMSevens.  He, and the others who heard the comparison, reported that the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOnes had better imaging and soundstaging, transparency, clarity and top end extension (more open sounding with greater air). 
Those of you interested on saving $60,000 on a pair of Magico Q7′s, we can get them for you, but we suggest saving $182,500 and buying a pair of the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOnes. Not only will you save all that money, but you will have better sound!

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #12,174 of 41,128
Quote:
What is this magical 'topre' switch :0 

I have the MX Red switches, First owned the brown switches, but I thought they felt a bit cheaper than the mx blues. And the MX Reds feel like I'm typing on a boob :3

LOL typing on a boob.  http://deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_switch has a pretty good description. The switches take a little getting used to but now it is by far my favorite keyboard.

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #12,176 of 41,128
They're not that expensive either, really. Not a big fan of the way the stands look but I'm not picking. I'd love to hear them.

Considering what they cost and what everyone was saying about them it was hard to pass them up. And yeah the stands aren't really lookers but they are extremely functional.

No offense but you would be wrong. The stands are bolt together, but so are magico speaker cabinets, there isn't anything wrong with being bolted together. And they definitely aren't low mass, the stands weigh more than the speakers do. I think a lot of thought went into the stands design and it pays off.

Oh I thought they were 2.5k plus stands. Definitely nice for 2k. I wonder if Skylan would have a stand that'd work. I'm very fond of their stands for my HL5s.

:eek:

:beerchug:

A Magico Q7 ($185,000.00) owner compared his speakers side by side with the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne loudspeakers ($2500.00) and was so impressed he immediately traded them in for a pair of MMSevens.  He, and the others who heard the comparison, reported that the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOnes had better imaging and soundstaging, transparency, clarity and top end extension (more open sounding with greater air). 
Those of you interested on saving $60,000 on a pair of Magico Q7′s, we can get them for you, but we suggest saving $182,500 and buying a pair of the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOnes. Not only will you save all that money, but you will have better sound!

Haha yeah, I read pretty much everything on the Internet about them and came to the conclusion that I had to hear them as well. Drove 3 hours to Cleveland to give them a listen several weeks ago and have just been waiting ever since for mine to arrive.

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #12,177 of 41,128
Is that their cheapest model? Their website doesn't list prices..

Cheers

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #12,178 of 41,128
Quote:

Cheers

It is, until now the cheapest EA speaker was like 13 grand or something for the MiniOne's. One of the main reasons that the MicroOne's are so cheap is that they are the first EA speaker being built in china, so they could bring the cost down an awful lot that way.

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #12,179 of 41,128
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

It is, until now the cheapest EA speaker was like 13 grand or something for the MiniOne's. One of the main reasons that the MicroOne's are so cheap is that they are the first EA speaker being built in china, so they could bring the cost down an awful lot that way.

$2K for their cheapest model?
size]
 Worth it?

Cheers

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #12,180 of 41,128
Not sure where to post this, but look at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-A-Grado-RS1-headphones-with-pink-Drivers-with-wood-box-Perfect-condition-/121083878729?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1c31295d49 That leads me to a question, are vintage speakers mostly good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back