Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #11,881 of 41,119
Here is a rough cell phone picture of my current setup:

Note the conveniently compact size of the Concero underneath my monitor 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #11,882 of 41,119
Quote:
It's still far from being what I want it to be, the only thing I am missing is couple thousands of euros :p . Hopefully in few months I will be able to upgrade at least my amp. I guess I will sell my W1000X in order to speed up upgrading process, they aren't of much use anyway (W3000ANV are superior to them basically in every aspect).

There was recently one nice addition to my portable gear as well, ATH-CKW1000ANV.

You're quite a one-brand man, and one of the few out there still with an Audio-Technica obsession.

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #11,883 of 41,119
Quote:
Just sharing. Be gentle. :)

It's rather cramped, but we gotta make do with the space given. The first two are pre-T1 and Soloist. Then with Soloist and the office rig (not shown in office rig is the E17, recently re-purposed as DAC for the Asgard). Sorry for the uneven photography. Some were taken by a new camera, some by mobile phone, some by an old 5 yo digicam. The addition of the T1 and Soloist is an effective balm against upgradititis at the moment. I don't see any major changes for a while yet. 

Very nice collection! 

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #11,886 of 41,119
Looks like the only real problem is the excess cable length makes it hard for you to position them in ways that avoid interference and overlap. Are shorter cables available, or can you move your amp farther from your CD player?

Unfortunately they only sell 1m and 2m lengths (I purchased the 1m). The mfg. only really recommends you place the IC's away from any AC cords which I was able to accomplish by hanging them. It would be ideal for me to separate my CD player farther from the amp where they don't have to sit on top one another but the rig is basically on my night stand. So this will have to make due for the time being.

Mar 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #11,887 of 41,119
Those interconnects would give me an OCD fit for how you've put them up. They also look pretty fragile, like they'll rip/crack if you fold them up too much. More importantly though, how do they sound?

Haha, I guess that's what make this a "fun" hobby otherwise why else would I get into tube rolling as well! They are fragile but not as much as they seem, you definitely don't want to tug on the IC's by pulling the copper ribbons but they're super light and hanging them doesn't put any weight between the terminated ends.

So far they sound as advertised and, the better deal compared to my Kimber Heroes. Wide sound stage like the Heroes but definitely more transparent. I would definitely recommend people to try these if your looking for new cables and, they have a great 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #11,891 of 41,119
I resemble that remark...

There was a time when I had only my SR60i, SR80i, SR325is, and PS1000, but was kept from going entirely off the deep end by my ESP950, which brought me back to the world of other brands. Now my PS1000 is still one of my top headphones, but it shares the title with the T1 and I've gotten rid of the SR80i and SR325is.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #11,892 of 41,119

Midterm paper due tomorrow, TTVJ Apex Glacier for my DAC and amp, 2012 MBA, RS1s (not pictured), Snoopy and Tigger

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #11,894 of 41,119
Has anyone tried just drilling a ton of holes in the cups and making the T50rp open backed? I know DBV tried opening up another set of vents (and hence the moniker of "double bass vents" which has lost it's original meaning but the naming remained), but has anyone gone further than that? 

There's also the silly voice in my head that says after I've transplanted these drivers into the COP, I should try an open backed Sennheiser next... 

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #11,895 of 41,119
Has anyone tried just drilling a ton of holes in the cups and making the T50rp open backed? I know DBV tried opening up another set of vents (and hence the moniker of "double bass vents" which has lost it's original meaning but the naming remained), but has anyone gone further than that? 

There's also the silly voice in my head that says after I've transplanted these drivers into the COP, I should try an open backed Sennheiser next... 

I was thinking the same thing about the T50 yesterday. With all of the talk about how the Mad Dog and other mods supposedly whip the HE-400 in everything but soundstage, I'm surprised nobody's tried it yet. On the other hand, it's already a pretty bass-neutral can as it is; you'd have to do some pretty thorough modding to have the signature come out right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back