Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #11,821 of 41,103
Maker's Mark is OK, but if you want some REALLY good bourbon, try this:

Blanton's Single Barrel

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #11,824 of 41,103
Stock tubes, and the Harbeths should be here at the end of next week. The ones I had were the dealer pair and he needed them for an audition he had today...unfortunately. 

Quote:

Where is the Harbeth's? The Leben looks really amazing there..What tubes do you use MT?

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #11,827 of 41,103
Quote:
He'll have a pair of HD800s again soon.

Or a WEE and a 009? + Leben? That should be more than enough...
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #11,828 of 41,103
Not going down that road for at least awhile (never say never), but HD800s will be in the house again soon (I hope). They were easily the best match for the Leben that I heard at the Austin meet. I'm going to try and hear them once more before ordering though.

Quote:

Or a WEE and a 009? + Leben? That should be more than enough...
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #11,833 of 41,103
Damn cat hasn't used that thing since the first day I bought it. She prefers using the sofa to sharpen her claws, or sometimes, humans..
Oh and Q701 cable apparently is a better toy. Maybe it's the lime green colour?

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #11,834 of 41,103
Mine used to sleep on my macbook too. Her added body heat caused the battery to overheat and warp to the point that the mouse button would not longer click because of the battery bulging up from underneath. That turned out to be an expensive butt warmer.

Also the chai here in India, while delicious, is less tea and more like a hearty breakfast in a cup - equal parts tea, milk, and sugar, boil to oblivion. :p

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #11,835 of 41,103
Also the chai here in India, while delicious, is less tea and more like a hearty breakfast in a cup - equal parts tea, milk, and sugar, boil to oblivion. :p

But it's soooo good, boil it, boil it more I say. Also you can actually get a great variety of tea leaves for a more tea/less chai experience. I'm off to Crawford market now to get some Darjeeling/Assam blend. Oh and to see if chor bazaar randomly has any old tube amps knocking around, worth a shot I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back