Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #11,071 of 41,119
Quote:
I'm a teacher, and this is my desk in my classroom:

My iPad feeds the Schiit M&M stack via a CCK, which goes to my Sennheiser 598s.  The speakers are Paradigm Mini-Monitors.  The Darth Vader cross-stitch was a Christmas gift from my wife, and the fish's name is Terrence.

How do you keep your students from messing with your stuff? Im a grad student/instructor and I share my office with 7 other semi-responsible grads/instructors, but the constant traffic of students through the office always makes me too weary of leaving my stuff unattended.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #11,072 of 41,119
Now that I'm starting to settle gear wise I'm actually looking forward to increasing spending on all of those things. 

I'd love to start smoking a pipe on the porch again along with various alcohol based music enhancers. :wink: I think it'll mainly be spent on good loose leaf tea though. Really looking forward to taking some tea time with my system.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #11,073 of 41,119
How do you keep your students from messing with your stuff? Im a grad student/instructor and I share my office with 7 other semi-responsible grads/instructors, but the constant traffic of students through the office always makes me too weary of leaving my stuff unattended.

Oh, that's simple: In real life I am huge and terrifying.

Students do not touch my things. This is known.

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #11,074 of 41,119
Now that I'm starting to settle gear wise I'm actually looking forward to increasing spending on all of those things. 

I'd love to start smoking a pipe on the porch again along with various alcohol based music enhancers. :wink: I think it'll mainly be spent on good loose leaf tea though. Really looking forward to taking some tea time with my system.

Who are you kidding?! :cool:

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #11,075 of 41,119
Quote:

You supply 
smiley_thumb.gif
 tea and all that good music you be listening to, and I'll bring the Pecan pie...

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #11,081 of 41,119
Quote:
The pilot on the stove is lit...

...time to start cooking!

Wow!  Awesome setup!  I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks!  That really makes me want to go buy some tube amps!  

What are we looking at here?

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #11,082 of 41,119
A custom 6AS7 based OTL vacuum tube amp by fellow member and "MOT" 2359glenn. Up front is the Brimar 13D1 tube sitting atop a voltage quadrupler, because the tube is 25 volts instead of 6. Behind it is a pair of Tung-Sol 5998's and in the rear sits The BIG Russian, a 5U8 rectifier.

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #11,083 of 41,119

The rest of my desk is too cluttered to be shown at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back