Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #9,691 of 41,315
Speak of the Devil...

ATM i'm Crying again...Thx guys for reminding me...
eek.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #9,695 of 41,315
Quote:

The gamecube caught my attention, i still play mine every so often.

Quote:
favourite console of all time, the games made for it are in a class of their own.

Quote:
I see that you're playing Sunshine. Great game, great game.

Quote:
I can't stop playing super smash brother melee :D One of my favourite games of all time.

SNES all the way!! Super Mario World! :D

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #9,696 of 41,315
Quote:

I see you have a nice camera on your avatar.  Go back and take some pictures.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Found out the CD player preproman! Its a Esoteric X01-D2. Only retailed for $20,000 when it first came out. Not that much money for a CD player
tongue.gif
. No wonder it sounded so good.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #9,698 of 41,315
Testing out some new toys. bit of a messy setup today

Just received W4S DAC1 and Senn HD700.

Also got my Koss ESP 950 and the Mad Dogs for comparisons.

buuuuut... My Amphora amp is out for a wiring repair at ALO so the 1K source and 1K headphone are connected to... a 40 dollar cmoy.

YEAH!

honestly, cmoy doesn't do a terrible job. sounds a bit lush and bloomy, but the technical merits of the HD700 still come through. (side note: still unsure how I feel about the HD700 but I know I don't hate them.)

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #9,702 of 41,315
Quote:
At that price, it'd damn well better be!
wink.gif

I was thinking that. Never know though. I need more money for audio
tongue.gif
. Just got a Rega RP1,Music Hall Marimba's, and a Parasound ZPhono Preamp though, not quite sure why I'm researching CD players now. Damn this hobby!

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #9,703 of 41,315
I was thinking that. Never know though. I need more money for audio:p . Just got a Rega RP1,Music Hall Marimba's, and a Parasound ZPhono Preamp though, not quite sure why I'm researching CD players now. Damn this hobby!

Once you go vinyl, you don't really go back :veryevil: How are you liking your Rega?

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #9,704 of 41,315
Quote:
Once you go vinyl, you don't really go back
very_evil_smiley.gif
How are you liking your Rega?

I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me
tongue.gif
. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensive
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #9,705 of 41,315
Quote:
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me
tongue.gif
. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensive
frown.gif

Forget all that!
I say drill a hole into your wall or ceiling, feed a custom 20ft+ cable through said hole, snake it through the walls perhaps, and finally have it come out neatly by your desk/preferred upstairs listening location.

From then on you can be one of those guys with a (more than likely) one-of-a-kind setup.
Keep us posted! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back