Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 22, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #7,336 of 41,133
Quote:
Posted this in the computer rigs thread, figured I might as well post it here too. Not a very exciting rig, I've been drifting away from the hobby because of my limited college budget, but I enjoy my rig anyway. Haven't set up my CD Player yet. Pretty nice for college life. Headphones not pictured though.

What turntable is that?

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #7,337 of 41,133
So, with that line router, you buy it configured for however many inputs and outputs you want (6 total)? Could you reconfigure that manually later on? 
Sorry, there's just no details that I could find on that horrible website :p
Like go from 3 inputs and 1 output to 4 inputs and 2 outputs by hand, myself? I'd hate to run across a situation where another arrangement would be useful but I can't change it.

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #7,338 of 41,133
Listening to the new Diesel VEKTR headphones.  I love the way it looks.  The sound is surprisingly  good.

I see a Dragonfly. How do you like it ?
I'm well pleased with mine

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #7,339 of 41,133
So, with that line router, you buy it configured for however many inputs and outputs you want (6 total)? Could you reconfigure that manually later on? 

Like go from 3 inputs and 1 output to 4 inputs and 2 outputs by hand, myself? I'd hate to run across a situation where another arrangement would be useful but I can't change it.

You cannot change it later. You have to live with it. I believe he actually cuts the back panel to your specs.

I'm excited to get mine. I talked to Lloyd about it in May and finally ordered.

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #7,342 of 41,133
Quote:
Posted this in the computer rigs thread, figured I might as well post it here too. Not a very exciting rig, I've been drifting away from the hobby because of my limited college budget, but I enjoy my rig anyway. Haven't set up my CD Player yet. Pretty nice for college life. Headphones not pictured though.

Are you sure you should have that bottle near your audio station?  It might make your treble..a bit hot.

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #7,345 of 41,133
Workin on getting a decent picture XD so far, ive got a decent 2:1 speaker setup, a good mid size tower PC, and my HD518 cans. working on finding a decent amp, but im loooooooow on cash

Jul 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #7,347 of 41,133
Quote:

I was thinking you could just open it up and wire it anyway you wanted to but if you buy a 4 -2 combo then there are only 4 spots on the one switch and 2 on the other and probably not too much you can do about that.  in the unlikely event that 6 positions isn't enough for you you could always just connect to it backwards - the 4-2 config would turn into a 2+4.  I'm not sure how that could ever not be enough choices for you.

It is nice dealing with Lloyd though.  I ordered mine in a custom enclosure and I asked for a 4+3 where I had 1 output option that go to both amps.  I also wanted to get upgraded RCA terminals on mine since it was a extra connection I was adding to my system and he said he thought it was a waste on money so I didn't go that route.

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #7,348 of 41,133
Quote:

I'm actually pretty impressed! Not bad for a college setup! I still need to buy a turn table and I saw one at a respectable price at my local Post Exchange. I just really wish I could redo the furnishings in my barracks room. It really kind of limits what I can hook up electronically =/

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #7,349 of 41,133
Quote:
I see a Dragonfly. How do you like it ?
I'm well pleased with mine

I'm a happy user.  I think the sound is great, but I do wish it was $50 less, $199?

Jul 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #7,350 of 41,133
Quote:

I'm a happy user.  I think the sound is great, but I do wish it was $50 less, $199?

So you're saying it's not quite the value king that Jude thinks it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back