Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #6,121 of 41,118
May 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #6,123 of 41,118
May 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #6,124 of 41,118
@Bee inthe Attic

Of course you would post that rig right after mine 
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #6,125 of 41,118
Quote:
How exactly do Wacom tablets work? Do you draw on that while looking at your screen? I guess it could be somethingt to get used to but sounds really tacky/annoying/quirky IMO.

Wacom tablets are just like a mouse pad, but you use a pen instead of a mouse, and you can apply different levels of pressure, creating various levels of stroke widths.

It's kinda tricky to get used to, mainly cause you don't look directly at the surface you're drawing on, like on paper, so you have to learn to compensate that.

May 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #6,126 of 41,118
Quote:
Wacom tablets are just like a mouse pad, but you use a pen instead of a mouse, and you can apply different levels of pressure, creating various levels of stroke widths.

It's kinda tricky to get used to, mainly cause you don't look directly at the surface you're drawing on, like on paper, so you have to learn to compensate that.

I've been using them for 10+ years. I don't even think about it anymore.

There is the Cintique, which is a draw-on-screen version. I find looking down at a monitor more awkward than drawing normal while looking up. But some folks seem to like them.

May 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #6,129 of 41,118
Quote:

I've been using them for 10+ years. I don't even think about it anymore.

There is the Cintique, which is a draw-on-screen version. I find looking down at a monitor more awkward than drawing normal while looking up. But some folks seem to like them.

The Cintiq is pretty cool, but i don't think it make such a great difference if you really know what you're doing. Plus, they're expensive as a car. (Or a flagship pair of cans + a balanced amp :p)

May 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #6,131 of 41,118
Added an LCD-2 Bamboo (Rev. 3?), a Marantz CD6004, new tubes, and a plant. The latter just makes my system sound so much more organic
tongue.gif

Despite the addition of the LCD-2 (and some further T50RP modding), the HD600 remains my favourite headphone... by far.

The last photo is my "headphone closet" where I keep unused headphones, tubes and whatnot. Keeps everything (mostly) dust-free.

May 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #6,133 of 41,118
Hmm, interesting. I would never draw with a mouse. How would any bit of accuracy be possible with that? Well you could practice but still. I have a Lenovo X200 convertible tablet and the stylus works well, but no pressure sensor or anything. Speaking from my experience right now I think I'd rather choose my thickness from a menu (as a beginner) as if I wanted to draw a long, thick line my hand would get tired from pushing down, especially if I were trying to do it with a very specific path and/or design and had many trials and errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back