Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #5,686 of 41,050

Quote:
Probably around mid-fi, but i just i want to be part of the fun. 

Sound Blaster X-Fi HD > Grado SR60i 

I have yet to find another headphone that I enjoy as much as the SR60 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #5,690 of 41,050

Quote:

The SR60i is my true audiophile headphone, so i don't really have a large base to compare, but i really freakin love it. I even love the totally bad-and-cheesy-designed box it came in.

As you can see in my signature, the first time I heard the Grado 80s I could not believe how much I loved them. I know the 60s are nearly identical, so I fully understand why you enjoy them so much. For $79 and $99 respectively, they offer a whole lot of great sound for not a lot of money. I've since upgraded to 325s, but not going to ever sell my 80s.

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #5,691 of 41,050

Quote:

The SR60i is my true audiophile headphone, so i don't really have a large base to compare, but i really freakin love it. I even love the totally bad-and-cheesy-designed box it came in.

I could easily live with the SR60i or SR80i as my only headphone.  If no other Grado existed and these were sold for $500, i bet there would still be a huge following.

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #5,692 of 41,050
Cozy looking setup.  Are the Poang chairs really comfortable?

I'm 5'8" and it is the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. Tall people should probably look elsewhere.
No offense... i feel like someone is gonna be on the electric chair... that tube amp is creepy looking..:)

Haha, you reminded me of The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix. A wet sponge and an electrostat rig might just end up that way :wink:

Well, that was quick! Glad it worked out for you, Draygonn. I still need to save up for my small VTI rack. Cannot make out the book's title. 
biggrin.gif

The book is so big it needs it's own pedestal. I'm glad I finally have a good place to read it. The two 7" shelves are used as a TV stand. Since the rack is so open I will have to do some better cable management to hide the DirecTV wires. The shelves are so beautiful, sometimes I stare at them instead of the screen. Next step, Deuvel Planets.

Gorgeous.
Lovely simple setup there. :)

Thanks guys. I'm on cloud 9.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #5,696 of 41,050
I have a Calyx 24/192 DAC already. My XDA-1 is just a pre-amp at the moment so I'm going to get a USP-1 pre and do away with the XDA-1 so I can use my Calyx DAC with my 2ch rig. 

I wish Emotiva would just put out their Balanced Pre already. They've been talking about it for years and it's still not here.

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me I need to sell my XDA-1. :D

Nice picture, by the way.

@MorbidToaster

I'm thinking the same thing.  What are you thinking of upgrading to?

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #5,697 of 41,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by qohelet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No offense... i feel like someone is gonna be on the electric chair... that tube amp is creepy looking..:)

You've never seen a Bottlehead Crack before? I want one desperately...

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #5,699 of 41,050

Quote:
Here's my little corner.  E7 feeding the Burson HA-160 to HD650.  Planning a dac upgrade soon.  Grado SR80i's also laying on the desk and a Music Hall MMF 2.2 to the left.

The way you used the corner of your room is Wow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back