Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #5,626 of 41,129

Quote:
Good idea, you should start one. 

I had a feeling someone might say that.  If the idea gets enough traction, I certainly will.  

Edit-  The little daemon on my left shoulder is whispering in my ear that it will almost certainly turn into a joke "Meet Joe Head-Fi'er" type thread in "that other subforum" 
biggrin.gif
, but I'm flicking him off as I type this, as I kinda want to see what people would do with it. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #5,627 of 41,129
The problem (and reason it doesn't exist IMO) is that Head-fiers can take much prettier pictures of their gear than they can of themselves while listening to their gear. 

It'd have to be all 'Facebook staring at camera while holding it' style. For the most part anyway.

Quote:

Quote:
Good idea, you should start one. 

I had a feeling someone might say that.  If the idea gets enough traction, I certainly will.  

Edit-  The little daemon on my left shoulder is whispering in my ear that it will almost certainly turn into a joke "Meet Joe Head-Fi'er" type thread in "that other subforum" 
biggrin.gif
, but I'm flicking him off as I type this, as I kinda want to see what people would do with it. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #5,628 of 41,129

Quote:
The problem (and reason it doesn't exist IMO) is that Head-fiers can take much prettier pictures of their gear than they can of themselves while listening to their gear. 

It'd have to be all 'Facebook staring at camera while holding it' style. For the most part anyway.

Well, I'd think to get a decent shot, we'd have to rely on a loved one, friend, etc. to capture us in our natural environment.  I agree, trying to achieve the effect with a self-taken shot would be a lesson in futility.

Apr 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #5,630 of 41,129

Quote:

Why in the world would you buy a $1695 headphone from a company you feel makes "terrible choices in materials" and has lousy build quality? I don't see the sense in that.

Quote:
Don't now til you try? 

I'm also pretty sure those are a review sample.

Exactly MorbidToaster. If I wasn't reviewing it (which I am), then I'd buy and try, and sell it off, or at least audition it at a meet or store.

Quote:

Why in the world would you buy a $1695 headphone from a company you feel makes "terrible choices in materials" and has lousy build quality? I don't see the sense in that.

To answer your question in the easiest way possible. It's a loaner unit that I am taking a look at. Also, look at my post above.

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #5,634 of 41,129

Quote:
No, I meant to do that. Ya know? :wink:

Last post but before we got off track, but that was an very good 7000'th post, ya know? 
wink.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #5,635 of 41,129
Apr 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #5,636 of 41,129

Quote:

Exactly MorbidToaster. If I wasn't reviewing it (which I am), then I'd buy and try, and sell it off, or at least audition it at a meet or store.

To answer your question in the easiest way possible. It's a loaner unit that I am taking a look at. Also, look at my post above.

Ahhh, I see. So you borrowed it from a friend or something in order to write up a blog post?

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #5,638 of 41,129

Quote:

Ahhh, I see. So you borrowed it from a friend or something in order to write up a blog post?

Eh, no. Grado sent it over.

Anyway, I'll be posting a new photo of my setup in just a few minutes. I completely re-arranged everything...again.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #5,639 of 41,129
I'll post one soon too. I rearranged everything today because I had furniture I wasn't using and wanted to incorporate it.
Quote:

Quote:

Anyway, I'll be posting a new photo of my setup in just a few minutes. I completely re-arranged everything...again.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #5,640 of 41,129

Quote:

Grado sent a $1695 pair of headphones to a minor for a blog review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back