Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #5,491 of 41,293
Very happy with my new Eastern Electric Mini Max DAC Plus!

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #5,493 of 41,293
Apr 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #5,494 of 41,293

Quote:
Very happy with my new Eastern Electric Mini Max DAC Plus!

Rigception! Sorry, could not resist 
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #5,495 of 41,293

Quote:

Calyx 24/192 just came in. It weighs a lot more than I expected. It feels like the whole thing is a solid block. Sounds great so far. 

From left to right...
Calyx 24/192, Calyx PSU, LF, MBP 13.3 

LCD 2s are on my head.

Nice!!! I told you about the weight on the Calyx! It's like a discus!

When you get a chance, would you mind doing a little A/B'ing with and without the PSU? You got a good deal on yours included... but they are a $400 add on, and I am suspicious of the value in that $400. PM me if you don't mind as I don't get to all the threads often enough.

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #5,496 of 41,293
Apr 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #5,497 of 41,293
I guess it was hard to understand until I actually got it in my hands. 

I'll for sure do some of that for you. I'll A/B regular PSU, Add On PSU, and USB power (can't believe this thing can run on USB alone).

Quote:
Quote:

Calyx 24/192 just came in. It weighs a lot more than I expected. It feels like the whole thing is a solid block. Sounds great so far. 

From left to right...
Calyx 24/192, Calyx PSU, LF, MBP 13.3 

LCD 2s are on my head.

Nice!!! I told you about the weight on the Calyx! It's like a discus!

When you get a chance, would you mind doing a little A/B'ing with and without the PSU? You got a good deal on yours included... but they are a $400 add on, and I am suspicious of the value in that $400. PM me if you don't mind as I don't get to all the threads often enough.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #5,498 of 41,293

Quote:

Greatest. Website. Ever.

Ice King Power Accelerator 6m - $50,000

1. IceKingPower.jpg

Ice King was designed to be used between wall and power strip. If Ice King is plugged directly into the component, it will sound too revealing.

Ice King acts as a power accelerator to give maximum energy to the system while cleaning noise.

It's our most transparent and revealing product ever built. Ice King has more detail and transparency than real life itself. The listener is transported to another planet. On this planet there is no wind or life. It's cold but super clean, textured and transparent. The details are in your face with no disturbance. The bass is big and powerful. The soundstage is HUGE, open and clean with a blacker background. It sounds both liquid smooth and sharp. Ice King is cold as ice and has no emotion, he will swing his deadly blade at you and show you the truth. If there is any problem in your system, Ice King will show it.

There are many cables that are cold and detailed, but they are always thin and edgy. Many cables have great bass, but lack detail. Ice King has the biggest bass while sounding the coldest. It's super detailed, but also silky clean.

Combine Ice King with VibraGround Predator for ultra low noise floor, and VibraPortal Heaven's Gate for liquidity.

$50,000 E-mail us to order: info@coconut-audio.com
We need a $5000 down payment using Paypal before starting to build this cable. The rest of the payment is done using Escrow.com for the most secure transaction. The money you deposit are safe and are only released to us after you confirm delivery. Choose between Euro or US plugs.
3 months building time

Features

5.8 meter super copper. (it's a little shorter than 6m, this was done for fine-tuning purposes)
Thick aluminum shield (full coverage).
Ice King Crystal Formula (full coverage).
AC noise cleaning.
Vibration cleaning.
Natural ground cleaning.
Liquification cleaner.
Optic buffering.
Clarity window cleaner.
Silver powder 3D shield.
Pure Quartz to absorb environmental RFI/EMI near plugs.
Tree fiber shell.
Furutech FI-50M plugs.

System warm-up

Because Ice King is so revealing it shows things other cables can't. The capacitors in audio gear are a weakness because they behave asymptotically, when the system is turned on, the capacitors require an infinite amount of time to reach perfect performance. During this warm-up, different sound signatures will be heard at exactly the same warm-up times. Keep a log book and write down everything to keep track of it. After 5 weeks of warm-up the system will start to stabilize. Don't do critical listening until 5 weeks has passed. In the end you will notice that Ice King doesn't really sound cold, it merely reveals coldness from the capacitors.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #5,500 of 41,293

Quote:
when the system is turned on, the capacitors require an infinite amount of time to reach perfect performance. During this warm-up, different sound signatures will be heard at exactly the same warm-up times. Keep a log book and write down everything to keep track of it. After 5 weeks of warm-up the system will start to stabilize. Don't do critical listening until 5 weeks has passed. In the end you will notice that Ice King doesn't really sound cold, it merely reveals coldness from the capacitors.

I don't think they know what the word infinite means.
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #5,502 of 41,293

Quote:
Greatest. Website. Ever.

Ice King Power Accelerator 6m - $50,000

1. IceKingPower.jpg

Ice King was designed to be used between wall and power strip. If Ice King is plugged directly into the component, it will sound too revealing.

Ice King acts as a power accelerator to give maximum energy to the system while cleaning noise.

It's our most transparent and revealing product ever built. Ice King has more detail and transparency than real life itself. The listener is transported to another planet. On this planet there is no wind or life. It's cold but super clean, textured and transparent. The details are in your face with no disturbance. The bass is big and powerful. The soundstage is HUGE, open and clean with a blacker background. It sounds both liquid smooth and sharp. Ice King is cold as ice and has no emotion, he will swing his deadly blade at you and show you the truth. If there is any problem in your system, Ice King will show it.

There are many cables that are cold and detailed, but they are always thin and edgy. Many cables have great bass, but lack detail. Ice King has the biggest bass while sounding the coldest. It's super detailed, but also silky clean.

Combine Ice King with VibraGround Predator for ultra low noise floor, and VibraPortal Heaven's Gate for liquidity.

$50,000 E-mail us to order: info@coconut-audio.com
We need a $5000 down payment using Paypal before starting to build this cable. The rest of the payment is done using Escrow.com for the most secure transaction. The money you deposit are safe and are only released to us after you confirm delivery. Choose between Euro or US plugs.
3 months building time

Features

5.8 meter super copper. (it's a little shorter than 6m, this was done for fine-tuning purposes)
Thick aluminum shield (full coverage).
Ice King Crystal Formula (full coverage).
AC noise cleaning.
Vibration cleaning.
Natural ground cleaning.
Liquification cleaner.
Optic buffering.
Clarity window cleaner.
Silver powder 3D shield.
Pure Quartz to absorb environmental RFI/EMI near plugs.
Tree fiber shell.
Furutech FI-50M plugs.

System warm-up

Because Ice King is so revealing it shows things other cables can't. The capacitors in audio gear are a weakness because they behave asymptotically, when the system is turned on, the capacitors require an infinite amount of time to reach perfect performance. During this warm-up, different sound signatures will be heard at exactly the same warm-up times. Keep a log book and write down everything to keep track of it. After 5 weeks of warm-up the system will start to stabilize. Don't do critical listening until 5 weeks has passed. In the end you will notice that Ice King doesn't really sound cold, it merely reveals coldness from the capacitors.

WTH did I just read???

Sorry for quoting the whole thing, but this is hilarious. Reminds me of the Denon AKDL1: http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334479324&sr=8-1

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #5,503 of 41,293
Well,
this is my small -all analog, the cd player is not connected- listening station.

...the Yamaha PC Box is part of the PC setup and not of the audio chain.

Oh, I just saw by looking on the incoice: today it's the 8th year I bought the HD600.

Apr 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #5,505 of 41,293

Quote:
http://www.coconut-audio.com/
I'm just going to leave this here...

Haha!  I love this:

"The noise from the entire system is drawn to Ground using a 0.06mA suction force." 

Too bad current isn't units of force... its units of -- CURRENT!  Suction force?  What is this company smoking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back