Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #4,621 of 41,119

Quote:

Pokemon PsyDuck has a very important job - keeping the Audiophilleo up on the back of the Rega DAC 
smile.gif

Because PsyDuck can is a physic type pokemon and can use Physic 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #4,622 of 41,119
My living room set up/refuge.

The Omegas and GES are new... currently nothing for the LCD2s, though an amp is on the way.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #4,624 of 41,119

Quote:
That chair...

It's one of the 'better' knock offs, but not genuine. Sure is comfy though, pretty too 
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, up top on the CD rack is that Doors DVDA box set I had mentioned to you in another thread. Great buy.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #4,625 of 41,119
Well first off the Monitor 60's are amazing!  They also have good bass down to about 44 Hertz which is nice.  Compared to the Monitor 70's I would say the 60's perform a little worse with music, but there in no noticeable difference using them with just a movie and such.  The subwoofer (PSW-10) is great for a small room such as mine but I would not honestly recommend it for a larger living room, I feel it just does not produce enough bass.  It's also worth mentioning that this is Polk's budget sub.  It only get's down to about 35 Hertz and when you get that low it emits annoying port noise.  The subwoofer is good for my needs and is way better than a comparable Sony model (Never cared for Sony's speakers) but it's not going to pump out bass like Polk's higher end  models or brands like Velodyne.  All and all I still love it, Polk's products are built like tanks and the enclosures are constructed incredibly well.  I am planning on purchasing two Polk Monitor 40's for a 4.1 system.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4,628 of 41,119
Not my main listening area, but an area I'm at waaaaaaaaay more than my house. (My office)

Not that much money invested but it gets me through the day quite well.

Sony's, stuffing, padding and crossovers added. Sound pretty darn good for how much they cost. Feeding them 125w (x4) each and they can get quite impressive.

Onkyo receiver, Sony 775 CD player, BSR EQ, Valabs NOS DAC behind it all.

A few phones to get me through the day. Don't currently have an amp in here. I need to get a bigger desk so I'm thinking of buying something to go along with it, or maybe just moving in some stuff from the house.

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #4,631 of 41,119

Quote:
Not my main listening area, but an area I'm at waaaaaaaaay more than my house. (My office)

Not that much money invested but it gets me through the day quite well.

It looks like a good chunk of change for such a sweet office set-up.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #4,632 of 41,119

Quote:
It looks like a good chunk of change for such a sweet office set-up.

I mean its all relative, but all put together it was probably a bit north of a grand/ grand.5 or so for the speakers, dac, amp, eq, and cd. Compared to some of the guys in here that have more than that invested in a single tube amp I think its pretty darn low budget.

Everything in my office was at one point in my home, so at least it gives the outdated stuff a place to go. The general flow goes like this....... House > Office > Ebay.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #4,633 of 41,119

Quote:
I mean its all relative, but all put together it was probably a bit north of a grand/ grand.5 or so for the speakers, dac, amp, eq, and cd. 

That is actually pretty cheap for a full, sexy speaker set up.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #4,634 of 41,119

Quote:
How are you liking the Monitor 60's? And how is the bass without the subwoofer?

Well first off the Monitor 60's are amazing!  They also have good bass down to about 44 Hertz which is nice.  Compared to the Monitor 70's I would say the 60's perform a little worse with music, but there in no noticeable difference using them with just a movie and such.  The subwoofer (PSW-10) is great for a small room such as mine but I would not honestly recommend it for a larger living room, I feel it just does not produce enough bass.  It's also worth mentioning that this is Polk's budget sub.  It only get's down to about 35 Hertz and when you get that low it emits annoying port noise.  The subwoofer is good for my needs and is way better than a comparable Sony model (Never cared for Sony's speakers) but it's not going to pump out bass like Polk's higher end  models or brands like Velodyne.  All and all I still love it, Polk's products are built like tanks and the enclosures are constructed incredibly well.  I am planning on purchasing two Polk Monitor 40's for a 4.1 system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back