Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 26, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #1,201 of 41,103

Jude,

How lucky are you?  How about you talk to Jack about having that sent to me next so I can compare it with my Woo WA22!

BTW-Thanks for all the good work here.  I, as well as everyone else really appreciate the site and all you've done.

Wow.  I just hit 500 posts!!!
Quote:
Jack Wu of Woo Audio generously let me borrow his personal Stax SR-009, as well as one of his flagship Woo Audio WES amps.

Click on the photos to see larger versions.

You can also see the whole set on Flickr, by clicking here.

May 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,202 of 41,103

LOL!  And yeah, the iMod isn't the best source I have, for sure, but it's the only one that is spouse-approved for the bedside rig.  The Leben gets approval due to its good looks.  And she gets that there has to be a pair of headphones, or there really isn't a rig
tongue_smile.gif
  But a big ole' DAC?  No chance.  And the iMod sounds better to me than a tiny little portable DAC would, although I just got the Pure i20, and I'm looking forward to compare it's built in DAC to the iMod.

Consider yourself lucky Rob. My "spouse approved" bedside rig is my iPhone + Westone 4s.....that's it. Not even a Headroom Micro AMP/DAC setup.

May 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #1,203 of 41,103

Quote:
Quote:

LOL!  And yeah, the iMod isn't the best source I have, for sure, but it's the only one that is spouse-approved for the bedside rig.  The Leben gets approval due to its good looks.  And she gets that there has to be a pair of headphones, or there really isn't a rig
tongue_smile.gif
  But a big ole' DAC?  No chance.  And the iMod sounds better to me than a tiny little portable DAC would, although I just got the Pure i20, and I'm looking forward to compare it's built in DAC to the iMod.

Consider yourself lucky Rob. My "spouse approved" bedside rig is my iPhone + Westone 4s.....that's it. Not even a Headroom Micro AMP/DAC setup.

Yeah mine is the Hifiman 801 with JH13s and even that gets a scowl.
angry_face.gif
<---  not my face

May 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #1,205 of 41,103
No amps or dac's yet because im just starting my audiophile carrer.  Those are akg k220m's on the jelly belly machine, skull candy's on the skinny guy (I know, I know), and koss dj100 on the

fat guy.  Also a pair of skullcandy fmj's on the crazy rat looking thing.  Im in the process of recabling my friends hd 428's which are taken apart on the table.  And the box on the right is a power pack for speakers not an amp or anything.                         

<image removed by jude. it was requesting username/password authentication to access it.>

May 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,211 of 41,103
Here is a couple of piccies of mine

For the next few days at least this is my current setup.  

Source:                O2 Joggler running Squeezeplay and modified asound.conf, LittleDot DAC_1
Amp:                    LittleDot MkV
Headphones:       Sennheiser HD650, Koss Pro4AA

I have gotten myself a vintage headphone buzz after my restoration of the Koss 4AA (Details here...), so I have just bought a pair of Koss ESP/6a that are in need of repair.  I am looking forward to hopefully restoring them and adding them to the family.

The Joggler is a much hacked item with additional cooling (Details here...), and a USB output added to it (Details here...).

Not the most imaginative choice for my main HP set, but the LittleDot/HD650 combination is pretty awesome to my ears!

May 27, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #1,212 of 41,103

Quote:
Quote:

That Crutchfield catalog... are you considering replacing this setup with a Bose SoundDock?

LOL - no - Crutchfield is for TV's
L3000.gif

May 27, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #1,213 of 41,103

Quote:
I have gotten myself a vintage headphone buzz after my restoration of the Koss 4AA (Details here...)

That was a nice read, like a trip down memory lane. I had a set of those back in the day. How do they hold up to your HD650 sound-wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back