Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 14, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,113 of 41,123

Quote:
Love that turntable. Have you replaced the arm?

No, the arm is bone stock. I just wrapped it with white teflon tape to damp the arm a bit. Works pretty well considering the mod costs about $1 lol.

May 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #1,114 of 41,123
My highest-powered rig, up in the bedroom:

No wimpy headphones need apply 
cool.gif

May 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,118 of 41,123

Quote:
That looks like a Alseis RA150 and HE-6. Can't tell what's on the extreme left.

Don't forget the K1000 up top 
jecklinsmile.gif

I just replaced an old beat up RA150 with a new one, and am demoing a Devilsound v2.1 DAC cable to replace the v2. Lol. I think I will keep this new cable i'm really digging it but I need to switch back to the old one because the amp is running in at the same time just to be sure that I can really hear a difference. I wasn't that happy at first but it's really tightened up just after a couple of days, and it's sure nice to have a consistently black background in both channels now. Solid state amps need to break in too, who knew?

The other details would be that I'm running iTunes with PureMusic on my old 12" G4 Powerbook, and the Devilsound is feeding a Grant Fidelity B-283 MKII tube stage with 6SN7 Sylvania Bad Boys, effectively making the amp a hybrid. I'm very happy with this rig, especially considering that I put the amplification components together for the cost of a Lyr. The amp is balanced so there's definitely room for an upgrade but I'm really digging it the way it is and I really like the form factor (and the sound) of the Devilsound cables.

I could definitely live with this setup as my only listening station. There is even a remote control for iTunes, so I don't have to fuss with the dual volume pots on the RA150 
biggrin.gif

Considering that the Powerbook is pretty much useless for anything else, this whole setup was quite the bargain 
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #1,122 of 41,123
Intermediate setup until I get a decent set of shelves for everything, including the rest of my headphones not shown here.

May 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #1,124 of 41,123
Blue Dragon from Moon Audio that a member was nice enough to let me test out (along with the Norse cable, the braided one).  The boxes are tubes, yep - two pairs are tubes for my now-sold Little Dot MK3, and the rest are for the Lyr.

Quote:
Quote:
Intermediate setup until I get a decent set of shelves for everything, including the rest of my headphones not shown here.

That blue cable looks sexy
biggrin.gif
Which cable is it exactly?

Also that stack of little boxes, are those tubes?

May 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #1,125 of 41,123

Quote:
Blue Dragon from Moon Audio that a member was nice enough to let me test out (along with the Norse cable, the braided one).  The boxes are tubes, yep - two pairs are tubes for my now-sold Little Dot MK3, and the rest are for the Lyr.

What interconnects and power cord are you using on the Lyr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back