Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 18, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #40,337 of 41,102
No room on my desk though.

You can get an end-table, and some glass stackable shelving, and go as high as you need.
Or have a custom studio rack built

IMG_4697.jpeg

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #40,338 of 41,102
Feb 19, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #40,345 of 41,102
My friend! :relaxed: , you received them... I'm waiting eagerly for your impressions... I hope you love them :beerchug:

They look awesome in that pic :relieved:

Are these #2 or the first version.

The fit is good, the clamping force, at least initially strong, the ear pads have a lot of contact surface, but could also cause sweating. The Heddphone Two sounds neutral and strikingly full-bodied, because not only is attack emphasized, but the notes fade out completely. The latter characteristic cannot be emphasized enough. The unagitated, yet addictive sound character makes the comforting sound of a tube less necessary. The stage is pleasantly wide and in „field of vision“, but unobtrusively high and depth. If I could only keep one pair of headphones, today I would choose the Heddphone Two.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #40,346 of 41,102
The fit is good, the clamping force, at least initially strong, the ear pads have a lot of contact surface, but could also cause sweating. The Heddphone Two sounds neutral and strikingly full-bodied, because not only is attack emphasized, but the notes fade out slowly. The latter characteristic cannot be emphasized enough. The unagitated, yet addictive sound character makes the comforting sound of a tube less necessary. The stage is pleasantly wide and in „field of vision“, but unobtrusively high and deep. If I could only keep one pair of headphones, today I would choose the Heddphone Two.
Welcome to Club AMT! I do love the characteristics and presentation of the drivers, along with their accuracy and dynamics. No Wall of Sound with these. Alas, I cannot afford the $2K for the HEDD 2, but at least I was able to bargain my way into a set of Monoliths. Agree on the full-bodied sound.

I am curious how you feel about your old cans after using the HEDD 2 for awhile?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #40,347 of 41,102
I am curious how you feel about your old cans after using the HEDD 2 for awhile?

You ask the question as if you already know the answer 😉
The Heddphone Two has only been with me for three days, and yes, I'm afraid you're right ☺️

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #40,348 of 41,102
You ask the question as if you already know the answer 😉
The Heddphone Two has only been with me for three days, and yes, I'm afraid you're right ☺️
So the answer is the same as mine: rekt

I compared the AMT to my older cans, and it seems the AMT expose to me the flaws in the others, tho there are a couple of exceptions where the M1570 has some aspect which I prefer on certain tracks. Otherwise, the sheer natural presentation is intoxicating, with a deeper dig into the subbass compared to my planars. They remind me of a good sealed subwoofer. With the caveat that they require EQ to sound proper. (Using AutoEQ based off Crinacle's FR chart of GL850 with tweaks for my specifics)

I wish more people would explore AMT's. The Monolith ones are still on sale for $450 with BIG25 code, and easily compete if not out-perform other brands TOTL's. (Looking at you, HD-800S)

I did add a comfort pad to the headband to raise the height, because without it, they hung a tad too low on my head, even at the tightest setting. Used some velcro ties to apply.

AMT_cushion.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #40,350 of 41,102
Just where can one buy the Monolith AMTs in europe?
From Monoprice.com, check their list of International destinations:

• United Kingdom, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back