Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 17, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #39,286 of 41,293
Nov 17, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #39,289 of 41,293
Go Mean Green. UNT was formerly North Texas State. Man has it grown - now one of the largest universities in the U.S. My best friend attended NTS and I went to Austin (early 70's), both of us from Fort Worth. I loved going to Denton and club-hopping for live music when it was much smaller. Haven't made it north past Texas Motor Speedway in decades, however, I no longer live in Texas either. btw - NICE SETUP!!!

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #39,290 of 41,293
Hello ! Nice setup!
I have a question - what amp do you use with Martin Logan speakers ?
Is It Naim Unity Atom?

I have a BlueSound PowerNode hidden away I use.

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #39,291 of 41,293
Nov 18, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #39,292 of 41,293
Go Mean Green. UNT was formerly North Texas State. Man has it grown - now one of the largest universities in the U.S. My best friend attended NTS and I went to Austin (early 70's), both of us from Fort Worth. I loved going to Denton and club-hopping for live music when it was much smaller. Haven't made it north past Texas Motor Speedway in decades, however, I no longer live in Texas either. btw - NICE SETUP!!!
GMG! My wife works there still, I work over at TWU.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #39,293 of 41,293
1700337783965.png

EverSolo added to the stack :)

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #39,294 of 41,293
20231119_140919.jpg

Some streamlining on my head-fi system and luckily the sound quality remains superb.

Nov 19, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #39,296 of 41,293
To my ears and my personal opinion, yes! Besides, it is really not just the best bass, but also resolution and many aspects as well. Valkyria is THE ONE and best match for dCS Lina stack ( even the dCS folks at Canjam SoCal agree with me). I haven’t listened to it via my Riviera though but I suppose the synergy must be good between the dynamic monster to the smooth riviera sound. Would love to hear the sound impression from the user and owner @simorag. @simorag just inspired me for another great synergy with my system!

PS. I am also super impressed by Spirit’s own solid and dynamic sounding amp. I can totally imagine that amp be more amazing with cans as Hifiman and Audeze.

In my humble opinion, their headphones could stand toe to toe and even slay so many big names out there in the market. I think American audiophiles will love that big, masculine, dynamic Italian sound after hearing it in the RIGHT systems.

Compared to DACs and cables, I think the price of headphones is more apportionate to their performances, making the cans more worthwhile for investment. Yes Valkyrie even topples the price above my beloved Susvara and Stax X9000, there must be reasons for that from engineering, materials used, design, to the most important factor: the sound, to be explored myself!

Just found out the US dealer @justin w. for purchase, I am gonna try it in my reference system:
https://www.headamp.com/products/spirit-torino-valkyria

I have a question. You certainly had the opportunity to get acquainted with Valkyria. You are a fan of Susvara. Is Valkyriia enough than SUS that there is a sense of having both headphones, or is it much better to buy Valkyria AB 1266 TC and have protection for every genre of music?

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #39,297 of 41,293
I have a question. You certainly had the opportunity to get acquainted with Valkyria. You are a fan of Susvara. Is Valkyriia enough than SUS that there is a sense of having both headphones, or is it much better to buy Valkyria AB 1266 TC and have protection for every genre of music?

I believe that (former) member has been banned from this site, so I am not sure you will get a response.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #39,298 of 41,293
I tried the Valkyria. If I wanted to remain pc and polite, I would say it has a 'weird' tuning and it is not worth half the absolutely ridiculous asking price. IMO there are better headphones for $2K-$3K. I think, Susvara and 1266TC would cover you for pretty much all genres, but I personally prefer the ZMF Caldera and Meze Elite even to those headphones. If you have endless budget to burn, perhaps you could look into Warwick Aperio system or Shangri-La Senior.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #39,300 of 41,293
I tried the Valkyria. If I wanted to remain pc and polite, I would say it has a 'weird' tuning and it is not worth half the absolutely ridiculous asking price. IMO there are better headphones for $2K-$3K. I think, Susvara and 1266TC would cover you for pretty much all genres, but I personally prefer the ZMF Caldera and Meze Elite even to those headphones. If you have endless budget to burn, perhaps you could look into Warwick Aperio system or Shangri-La Senior.

I have Susvare, but I am looking for a second top receiver, which at Feliks Envy will provide the highest flight of the experience, but at the same time it would be something other than Susvar.

I am asking for your suggestions. I currently think and test -> https://www.eslabhk.com/_files/ugd/ba102b_04379d6d58334dc381da14180b24b249.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpeg
    IMG_6682.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back