Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 11, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #34,486 of 41,128
Sep 11, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #34,490 of 41,128
But that was right before Christmas, so that retailer has restocked by now, right?

Probably not, it is a limited edition and not many are likely to make it across the ocean. I got the last pair of Sapphire Blues that I was able to find in Europe.

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #34,491 of 41,128
Warming up a rainy Scottish Sunday evening..

Attachments

• 20220911_193728.jpg
    20220911_193728.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 11, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #34,492 of 41,128
No wonder the dinosaurs became extinct! Their feet burned on the hot lava :p

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #34,493 of 41,128
Welcome home baby!

Crowned as the best product of the year 2011, Esoteric discrete dac has the biggest 3D dimensionality (Macro details) in all dacs along with top tier information, imaging and micro details, in a non-fatiguing way that even most submit fi ToTl dacs struggle.

Attachments

• IMG20220911164429.jpg
    IMG20220911164429.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20220911165020.jpg
    IMG20220911165020.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #34,494 of 41,128
Welcome home baby!

Even though you are going to face some serious battles!

Crowned as the best product of the year 2011, Esoteric discrete dac has the biggest 3D dimensionality (Macro details) in all dacs along with top tier information, imaging and micro details, in a non-fatiguing way that even most submit fi ToTl dacs struggle.
IMG_20220814_135356.jpg

Totally agree, Esoteric N05XD is really a high-quality product. Top-level of craftsmanship and modern design. Really totl performance in terms of R2R dacs with streaming ability. It could also be used as an all-in-one with its headphone output. It is extremely good with Utopia and ZMFs.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #34,496 of 41,128
IMG_20220814_135356.jpg

Totally agree, Esoteric N05XD is really a high-quality product. Top-level of craftsmanship and modern design. Really totl performance in terms of R2R dacs with streaming ability. It could also be used as an all-in-one with its headphone output. It is extremely good with Utopia and ZMFs.
It has the biggest three dimensionality yet with top notch imaging and Micro-details in the meantime. It hits a perfect balance between R2R with Chip dacs
It is good enough to make me question if im going to spend over 40K to upgrade to the prep, streamer, dac, and clock of Soulnote 3 Series.

The dac is the latest discrete dac with the same chip in its flagship. It is full analogue sounding yet with the technicalities of chip dac for the notch notch macro and micro details. It sounds bigger with better height and depth than even MSB. It is less constrained and less weighty than playback designs. Definition and resolution definitely beat DCS and May, making it crowned as the product of the year in 2021.

Streamer is powered by an independent transformer ( the Lumin counterpart with separate linear power supply cost over 6k)

The preamp is the top 3 I have seen in built in pre in any dacs. It is balanced in volume control throughout 8 channels with very complex design and the best finish and built I have ever seen.

I experimented with various DDCs, jitter Purifier, isolation and grounding materials only to find out that the built-in counterparts are good enough! It is crisper and more netural than the twice priced big brother N-01XD. I prefer it to N01XD with both my warm sounding tube amps and my anologue sounding solid state amps.

The headphone amp is quiet enough to drive sensitive IEMs and powerful enough to drive HD 800s and Hifiman with magic.

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #34,497 of 41,128

OMG, I have zero expectations about the built in headphone amp and has been using with Rivera to drive my Susvara till I tried tonight just out of curiosity.

I actually prefer the built in amp than connecting to Riviera which is also damn good! It is crazy cause I was listening to Hip-hop!

But so far the best pairing in my collection is Stax for classical with N05XD and HD800s with the built in amp. When the can with the biggest stage mated with the dac with the biggest three dimensionality, the room doesn't sound as exaggerated at all but surprisingly natural and actually most organic in my experiment.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #34,498 of 41,128
I am back for my yearly update.

Things have changed a bit. I picked up an LCD-4 for my highend head-fi fix. I sill have Khan and clears too.

Things really changed outside of headfi though. I moved from the Krell duo.300xd to the new Classe Delta seperates. Swapped out the Bartok for MSB Discrete Dac.

Then this past week I lost my mind and went all in full endgame. I sold my Classe and picked up D'Agostino Momentum HD pre and a pair of Momentum M400 monos. I really want to try driving the LCD-4 with them but don want to risk the amps or drivers in the LCD-4. They put out 400w into 8ohms.

Will post photos soon.

Sep 13, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #34,500 of 41,128
I am back for my yearly update.

Things have changed a bit. I picked up an LCD-4 for my highend head-fi fix. I sill have Khan and clears too.

Things really changed outside of headfi though. I moved from the Krell duo.300xd to the new Classe Delta seperates. Swapped out the Bartok for MSB Discrete Dac.

Then this past week I lost my mind and went all in full endgame. I sold my Classe and picked up D'Agostino Momentum HD pre and a pair of Momentum M400 monos. I really want to try driving the LCD-4 with them but don want to risk the amps or drivers in the LCD-4. They put out 400w into 8ohms.

Will post photos soon.
D'agostino and Rockport isn't a combo you see very often. Hope you really enjoy them mate : ) :)

You could maybe talk to zynsonix about a speaker amp to headphone coverter box with some resistors or something in it to make it a bit safer/give you peace of mind, to try with the D'agostinos.

https://www.zynsonix.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back