Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 4, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #26,761 of 41,125

A glass of whisky neat makes up the last element of a true relaxing setup.
Love the gears but that chair needs an upgrade!

edit: whoops I skipped a page, not too timely oh well.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #26,764 of 41,125
The introprose is a bracket type that connects and braces the Schiit DAC with the Schiit headphone amplifier. See “introprose.myshopify.com”. It has short cables built in.

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #26,765 of 41,125
The introprose is a bracket type that connects and braces the Schiit DAC with the Schiit headphone amplifier. See “introprose.myshopify.com”. It has short cables built in.

Hmm...those are pretty nifty. I'm bookmarking the page. I also like the little feet you put at the bottom of the stack, since I think I lost the ones that originally came with my gear.

To be honest, I'm fine with mine as it is now, but I'm staying with my parents during nursing school, so if space was a tight option, I definitely would consider getting getting one of those gadgets in the future.

Nov 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #26,766 of 41,125
P1030902.JPG

I just picked up the SMSL SP200 THX-AAA 888 Amp. Great value and small size is a plus!

Awesome thread, recently got back into audio gear--I'll be posting my humble setup shortly.
Got some real tips on affordable gear in the Head-Fi reviews.

After going through over 1500 pages I find above to be my favorite setup. Simple elegance all around. Love the spectrum analyzer on the ADI2DC

Nov 6, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #26,768 of 41,125
Open, closed: It doesn't matter as long as the music flows ... AH! You meant the chair, sorry.
An open-back chair allows for a greater flow of air; you will definitely feel like you're in a live concert as opposed to a closed-back chair, where airflow is blocked; thus, it will project an intimate, closed-in feel.

Nov 6, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #26,769 of 41,125
Let's just get the elephant in the room out of the way. Yes, the wall really is that colour
1604682513996.png

We've been meaning to paint it for 4+ years, but just... couldn't be arsed. Maybe the time is right, seeing as how I stare at it all day now.

When lockdown started and my wife began working from home I donated my decent chair to her, and had been using a dining chair ever since. It was definitely not ideal! Anyway, this guy turned up this morning.

full

full

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #26,770 of 41,125
Let's just get the elephant in the room out of the way. Yes, the wall really is that colour 1604682513996.png

We've been meaning to paint it for 4+ years, but just... couldn't be arsed. Maybe the time is right, seeing as how I stare at it all day now.

When lockdown started and my wife began working from home I donated my decent chair to her, and had been using a dining chair ever since. It was definitely not ideal! Anyway, this guy turned up this morning.

full

I stared at that color and briefly lost consciousness (I have so little to spare...)

I believe the color is best described as "coral," or better yet, "lobster guts coral."

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #26,771 of 41,125
Let's just get the elephant in the room out of the way. Yes, the wall really is that colour 1604682513996.png

full

I love it that you enjoy the Nightowls so much. I also can't find a worthy closed back replacement for it, at any price. I know it's subjective.

Nov 6, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #26,772 of 41,125

full

full
Don't lie, you posted your setup to show your chair... Fabolous, I looked at the chair and not at the red wall :wink:

Nov 6, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #26,773 of 41,125

full

full

Thanks to @Terriero I just noticed your office chair. What brand/model is it? Does it work well for you?

FWIW, I'm a bit of an orthopedic chair 'ho (understatement) -- I own 3 Steelcase Leap chairs (v.1) + a TOTL Steelcase Criterion chair for my wife.

(ie, my brain is at risk, but my ass is 100% covered)

BTW, I must commend you for this item I just noticed in your profile (it's as if you're describing my own tastes):

"Head-heaven:

Strong bass, particularly sub-bass, on the warmer side of things, non-fatiguing, rich mids, "musical"."

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #26,774 of 41,125
I stared at that color and briefly lost consciousness (I have so little to spare...)

I believe the color is best described as "coral," or better yet, "lobster guts coral."

You wouldn't be able to walk down our road without passing out. One of our neighbours several houses down recently painted their entire house this exact colour. No joke!

I love it that you enjoy the Nightowls so much. I also can't find a worthy closed back replacement for it, at any price. I know it's subjective.

I adore them. It's definitely subjective, but if the 'Birds click with you then that's end of the line. I don't think there's anything else out there that's similar because of Skylar's approach to the development of them which was at odds with essentially what every other manufacturer aims for. I'm still a gear guy at heart, so of course I can't help but keep an eye on the market and, occasionally, covet some of the offerings in the TOTL price bracket, but so long as the Owls live, they shall remain!

Don't lie, you posted your setup to show your chair... Fabolous, I looked at the chair and not at the red wall :wink:

Haha, you got me. To be fair, though, the listening chair is possibly just as integral as the gear you use. After all, if you're not comfortable, can you truly immerse yourself into the music? From my time sitting in a dining chair, I wager not.

Thanks to @Terriero I just noticed your office chair. What brand/model is it? Does it work well for you?

FWIW, I'm a bit of an orthopedic chair 'ho (understatement) -- I own 3 Steelcase Leap chairs (v.1) + a TOTL Steelcase Criterion chair for my wife.

(ie, my brain is at risk, but my ass is 100% covered)

BTW, I must commend you for this item I just noticed in your profile (it's as if you're describing my own tastes):

"Head-heaven:

Strong bass, particularly sub-bass, on the warmer side of things, non-fatiguing, rich mids, "musical"
."

I seriously looked at the Steelcase offerings as I kept reading excellent things about them. Alas, I found it hard to track down a UK dealer and once I've decided I need something, if there's no next day option, I'll ashamedly look elsewhere. Real shame, too. Bet they're the absolute dogs!

Choosing a chair without being able to sit on it is an odd experience. I must have browsed through several hundred. In the end I just went for something that looked half-decent, what else is there to inform you?!

This is the one in the pics. My ass has only been acquainted with its properties for just over 12 hours, but so far it's suitably satisfied lol. The headrest makes for a superb way to kick back with cans on and just fully chill out.

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #26,775 of 41,125
Let's just get the elephant in the room out of the way. Yes, the wall really is that colour

full

full
The color of your wall is quite soothing, actually. It exudes a warm, cushy feel, especially if you spend a good night listening to your music with a NightOwl. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back